Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 27th, 2019, 10:23 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Well met!

"I hear you. I'm thinking you want something like this:

DEMETRIA REYJYRE

General Utgar

Unique Hero
Species Undead
Class Warrior
Personality Terrifying

Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 3

Points 120

LIFE DRAIN
Each time Demetria destroys a figure, you may remove a wound from this Army Card. Demetria cannot Life Drain destructible objects.

ENSLAVE 17
When revealing an order marker on Demetria, after taking Demetria's turn, you may choose any Unique Hero figure within 4 spaces of Demetria. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, take temporary control of the chosen Hero and immediately take a turn with that Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to its previous owner. All order markers that were on the figure's Army Card will stay on the Army Card.

RANIA REYJYRE

General Ullar

Unique Hero
Species Elf
Class Warlord
Personality Valiant

Size Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points 120

ULLAR'S COURAGE
Add 1 to Rania's attack dice for every figure that follows Ullar within 4 clear sight spaces of Rania up to a maximum of +3 dice.

ULLAR'S BATTLE CRY
After Rania wounds an opponent's figure with a normal or special attack, you may move 3 squad figures you control who follow Ullar up to 3 spaces each."
[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
I hear you. I'm thinking you want something like this
(added bold for emphasis)

I think this is the inherent issue here with these designs...designing has NOTHING to do with what he or we or any of us want. Your customs are what YOU want. First and foremost as a designer you need to love what you're making, not trying to necessarily please all of us. We'll have our opinions and try to help you realize issues if it's something you're going for the SoV...but we'd rather you focus on what your own vision is then trying to please the general public.
I hear you. I should have used the word "suggest." I think I hadn't entirely taken in what was being said up to now. My vision is not set in stone, and I do feel that this is a cooperative process - perhaps more for me than for many. I can see that Demetria doesn't need a special attack and Ullar's Courage gives Rania plenty of pop in lieu of a special attack. The versions of Demetria and Rania above are reasonable evolutions from their original forms, while retaining their fundamental characters.

Ready for testing?

P.S.: "First and foremost as a designer you need to love what you're making, not trying to necessarily please all of us." Love in this case, for me, happens with experience. It's all in the play. A concept may be lovable in theory, but play poorly. Another may not initially grab me, but play wonderfully. I do not always grasp the difference immediately. To me, it is fun to create customs within SoV parameters/processes and, Kha being an example, I think the final product will be pleasing and elegant, and not some sort of betrayal of my initial vision.

Last edited by kolakoski; November 27th, 2019 at 11:34 PM.
Old November 27th, 2019, 11:19 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I think those are good improvements. I do feel like Demetria could use a class better than the generic Warrior. Have you thought about Queen?
Old November 27th, 2019, 11:52 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
I think those are good improvements. I do feel like Demetria could use a class better than the generic Warrior. Have you thought about Queen?
Warrior was chosen to mimic Cyprien, and for no better reason. I'm certainly open to suggestion on Class. That being said . . .

Queen?! Like Braxas? Or Sudema? Ahhhh! The Crypt Guardian connection! I like it.

Shall I ask Mac to make me a couple of cards for testing?

DEMETRIA REYJYRE

General Utgar

Unique Hero
Species Undead
Class Queen
Personality Terrifying

Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 3

Points 120

LIFE DRAIN
Each time Demetria destroys a figure, you may remove a wound from this Army Card. Demetria cannot Life Drain destructible objects.

ENSLAVE 17
When revealing an order marker on Demetria, after taking Demetria's turn, you may choose any Unique Hero figure within 4 spaces of Demetria. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, take temporary control of the chosen Hero and immediately take a turn with that Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to its previous owner. All order markers that were on the figure's Army Card will stay on the Army Card.

RANIA REYJYRE

General Ullar

Unique Hero
Species Elf
Class Warlord
Personality Valiant

Size Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points 120

ULLAR'S LIGHT
You may re-roll 1 attack die for every figure that follows Ullar within 4 clear sight spaces of Rania up to a maximum of +3 dice.

ULLAR'S BATTLE CRY
After Rania wounds an opponent's figure with a normal or special attack, you may move 3 squad figures you control who follow Ullar up to 3 spaces each.

P.S.: I'm leaving for Jamaica on Sunday, 12/1.

Last edited by kolakoski; November 28th, 2019 at 01:52 PM.
Old November 28th, 2019, 01:11 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Both designs look much improved to me.

Rania might be a bit underpriced as a bonding hero with 4 to 7 attack, but testing should give you a better idea of whether that needs to be nerfed or not. Beyond simple balancing, I'm more concerned about her potentially overshadowing the Azurite Warlord. A big attack for the Armoc Vipers is kind of his shtick and Rania is doing it for cheaper right now, plus some additional movement synergies. It's something to keep in mind.

I really like Queen for Demetria. She's not the best choice for the Crypt Guardians, but they do have some fun additional synergy with Curse of the Mummy boosting the D20 for Enslave. I doubt that it'd be too overwhelming, but that sounds like a fun expansion to their ranks.
Old November 28th, 2019, 11:54 AM

Well met!

Here are the cards for the (hopefully) final versions of these customs.

P.S.: Happy Holidays to all!

Last edited by kolakoski; November 30th, 2019 at 12:41 PM.
Old December 3rd, 2019, 07:57 AM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

Here are my alterations to the Doppelgänger design:

Long live heroscape
Old December 3rd, 2019, 01:35 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I don't really like the "other must be in your army" rules. Drop it from Cade and change the doppleganger's to "you may not place doppleganger on the battlefield at the start of the game unless Cade is in your army."

I Am Over Here should probably have the "if at least one skull is roll" restriction like Vanish.

In terms of gameplay, they seem kind of neat to use. I like that Cade's Sneak Attack isn't super easy to use because the Doppleganger turn comes after.
Old December 3rd, 2019, 02:10 PM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

Recommended wording changes to Doppelganger design:

Long live heroscape
Old December 3rd, 2019, 02:33 PM

Illusionary Deception should probably also say "place Cade's Doppleganger on a different empty space within 5 clear sight spaces of Cade." That prevents re-appearing on the same space and a cheap claim of a glyph.

You may need a rule to prevent Cade from attacking his own Doppleganger to teleport it up onto height. It may not matter because of the randomness, but it seems like a potent but unthematic trick.
Old December 4th, 2019, 03:18 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah, it's interesting though I am curious about once the doppleganger is killed it can't come back, which doesn't feel like a thematic illusionist to me either. Maybe if he somehow has a living shadow or something. For an illusionist I'd think he'd be able to create more than just one.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old December 4th, 2019, 03:39 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Illusionary Deception should probably also say "place Cade's Doppleganger on a different empty space within 5 clear sight spaces of Cade." That prevents re-appearing on the same space and a cheap claim of a glyph.
It's before removing the figure so it can't appear on the same space because that space is not empty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 4th, 2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
It's before removing the figure so it can't appear on the same space because that space is not empty.
Yeah, I agree, the "different" part is unnecessary. I wanted to spell it out to make it clear, though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards