Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old March 21st, 2007, 03:32 PM
Arbiter of Peace

Ketch is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Ontario Scapfest II: Wrapup & Results

So much to talk about, but I will spare you all because I am sure others will mention things themselves!
We had quite the prize table! Thank you to all the generous individuals and companies that donated.
Special thanks to VixenTor Games (IMax), HouseMouseGames, J&Js Cards and Collectibles and FBN Multimedia (Giark) for their contributions, and HS Codex (Atmospro).

Sr. and Jr. Trophies respectively

Other Prizes!

Hex cookies my wife made to surprise me! They were made in all the types of terrain, they also tasted awesome haha.

People were actually fighting over last place prize. I want one as well in fact... haha
Thanks for the idea (whoever came up with this in some other tournament in the states... sorry I forget)

Some round robin play! Notice MacDirks eating braxus alive at height and they get to go first.

And the playoffs!

Notice me spaced on out the left as I am getting my butt handed to me after my MacDirks got their butts handed to them by Q9
Result: Cherubim shows the previous Scapefest champ he is not invincible (not even close actually)

Also notice JAZZ's frown... Due to his opponents very first turn stepping on massive curse and killing Nilfheim.
Result: Terranin beats the previous Scapefest runner up!

With all top 3 placers from last tournament down and out, the top places are open for some new comers.

And the final marathon match! Which took a total of 3 hours, where the Soulborg army was DESTROYING everything in sight, and then the Krav Maga Agents hung on by a thread for almost 2 hours just to lose against the last 2 gladiatrons and 1 life left Raelin! It was a close match indeed and well fought by both sides.

And the results! (I apologize for the blurryness... we should have turned that flash on I guess!)

Third place, moving up 1 from last Scapefest, Terranin!

Second place, new comer to the tournament and come from behind, but played awesome when it counted, GAZZ (Brother of JAZZ)
His expression is an immation of the Zombie on the 2nd place plaque... basically it says (NOOOOOO... I was soooo closee)

And the winner, and now reigning Scapefest Champ, TyrionXavier!

Let the post tournament gloating and cat calling commence!

::Nathan Hoel::
Old March 21st, 2007, 10:39 PM

Cherubim1979 has disabled reputation
It was a great day... a LONG day... but a great day. It was nice to meet new faces and play against new opponents, even though I played only a few games with someone new to me and the rest were against those I play most often!

"In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing you can do is the wrong thing, and the worst thing that you can do is nothing." --- Theodore Roosevelt.
Old March 21st, 2007, 11:10 PM

JAZZ has disabled reputation
What a great day! It was good to meet everyone and connect some faces with names. Many thanks to Ketch and Atmospro for all of their hard work and investment in the tournament, I know they each donated a lot of time and money to this event.

Thanks to imax and Sandra (Housemouse) for your prize donations, your support means a lot to us up here. Many others made contributions so thanks you, and we should not forget our patient and helpful spouses.

Although I did not make it to the top three this year, my loss meant an opportunity for another to feel the excitement of winning. I was so impressed with the attitudes of many who did not make it to the end. Some drove a great distance and although they didn't win, they were so helpful and good sports.

At the end of the day there was only one person who could take the trophy home but the rest of us had fun trying. That's really all that matters anyway, to have fun. I did learn one valuable lesson though; avoid massive curse glyph at all costs.

Once again, my congratulations go out to the winners.
Old March 22nd, 2007, 12:38 AM

CaptainCanuck is surprisingly tart
what where the armies used for the tournament and the standings of those armies thanks
Old March 22nd, 2007, 10:14 AM
Arbiter of Peace

1st: 2xBlastrons, 2xGladiatrons, 2xAnubrian Archers, Raelin
2nd: Braxus, Raelin, Krav
3rd: Krav, Major Q9, Raelin and Guilty Mcreech

Old March 22nd, 2007, 10:31 AM

TOG knows what's in an order marker TOG knows what's in an order marker
What exactly is a "Bridge in a Bag"?
Old March 22nd, 2007, 10:51 AM

TyrionXavier has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketch
1st: 2xBlastatrons, 2xGladiatrons, 2xAubrien Archers, Raelin
2nd: Braxus, Raelin, Krav, Airborne Elite
3rd: Krav, Major Q9, Raelin and Guilty Mcreech, Sentinels

Has been away for quite a while. But is back now.
Old March 22nd, 2007, 11:02 AM
Arbiter of Peace

ahh, yes, that only added up to 400,
AE was in there too.

Bridge in a Bag is amazing.. that's what it is

Old March 22nd, 2007, 11:43 AM

CaptainCanuck is surprisingly tart
How many people came out for the event?
Old March 22nd, 2007, 11:54 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Looks like a great time! Grats to the winners and thanks for posting the recap and pics!

Newb.
Old March 22nd, 2007, 11:55 AM
Arbiter of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
How many people came out for the event?
26 Registered, but 6 people got turned away because of weather.

CaptainCannuck, I will send you an email about details soon, so I will answer all the questions you have about hosting a tournament

Old March 22nd, 2007, 01:25 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
You said Sr. and Jr. trophies...does that mean you had kids attending and playing seperately from adults? I ask because I'm thinking of running a tourney in May and wondering how to do something like that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events