Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

View Poll Results: Which faction has the best common squads?
Utgar 35 46.05%
Jandar 15 19.74%
Einar 16 21.05%
Vydar 6 7.89%
Aquilla 1 1.32%
Valkrill 2 2.63%
Ullar 1 1.32%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 16th, 2012, 08:21 AM

samthegoat knows what's in an order marker samthegoat knows what's in an order marker
Which Faction has the best common squads?

Hi there,
Which of the generals do you think has the best common squads? Is it Utgar, and his vast variety of monstrous Marro? Or are you a Jandar junkie whose forte is the 4th mass? Or maybe an obsessive of Ullar who adulates the aubrian archers? Perhaps you exalt Einar and whose roused by the romans? Do you venerate Vydar, and his beloved blastatrons? Or do you adore Aquilla and her great granite guardians? Or do you like Vallkrill?
(Sorry, I got bored by the end.)

please vote!
Samthegoat
Old April 16th, 2012, 08:29 AM

samthegoat knows what's in an order marker samthegoat knows what's in an order marker
Re: Which Faction has the best common sqauds?

I may have slighty forgotten Ullar in the poll. A little bit.
sorry about that.
If you wanted to vote Ullar, please just comment!
Samthegoat- so embarrassed, he's trying to sign of like Aldin.
Old April 16th, 2012, 08:31 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Einar. 10th Reg Rock!

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old April 16th, 2012, 09:44 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It would be between Jandar (4th Mass and KoW), Utgar (Deathreavers and Stingers) and Vydar (Glads/Blasts). Personally, I'd choose Jandar, but I could understand a vote for Utgar or Vydar.
Old April 16th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Ullar added. Go gang green!

~Aldin, rottingly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 16th, 2012, 10:21 AM

Thank you for that! You've saved me a lot of embarrassment!
Samthegoat
Old April 16th, 2012, 02:53 PM

Scaper Nerd is surprisingly tart
Re: Which Faction has the best common squads?

I believe that Utgar has some of the most competitive squads, but I love Einar and Aquilla because they both have some very fun units in their armies (samurai/ 10th Reg. for Einar and the Mohicans for Aquilla).

Scaper Nerd is Sharwin Wildborn...
in the Tower of Agony..
Old April 16th, 2012, 03:15 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

Deathreavers, Marro Dividers, Marro Stingers, Blade Gruts, Heavy Gruts, Arrow Gruts, Phantom Knights, Zombies, Minions, etc....

Utgar has more commons sqauds and about half of them are pretty darn solid.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old April 16th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Yeah, Utgar has both quality and quantity. Sure, there are good ones in every General's armies--and I really love the Knights--but Utgar has all the Orcs, plus so, so much more. Quality and Quantity.
Old April 16th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Here are my 10 favorite common squads to put on the table:

Melee:
Deathreavers
Axegrinders of the Burning Forge
Knights of Weston
Deathstalkers
Marrden Hounds
Roman Legionnaires
Minions of Utgar
Marro Dividers

Range:
Omnicron Repulsors
Aubrien Archers

I think you can make a pretty strong argument for Utgar there.

~Aldin, realizing that he very rarely uses common squads as his primary ranged component

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 16th, 2012, 04:29 PM

Random-Hero Woo who?

Einar Romans, Gladiators, and those Samurai Archers.
I would take a whole army of Samurai Archers plus Raelin and the Einar flag barer and take on anyone.
Old April 16th, 2012, 05:16 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've got to go with here. Soooo many soldiers for MDG to lead! I'm a huge fan of Legionnaires with 10 Reg, but I'm also (often foolishly) a fan of using the Imperium.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units