Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old March 21st, 2008, 03:21 PM

robopesant has disabled reputation
Heroscape without hexes- Terrain and Rules

How many of you hate making terrain hex based? I do. well I decided to make warhammer-like terrain for heroscape and adjust the rules a little. I was thinking 1 hex could be 1 inch. If anyone would like to help with this or has any ideas feel free to share them.

Here are some pics of my terrain so far:

I got two 4' by 8' 1/2' thick sheets of polystyrene for only 22$
I made some flock for it:

I learned how to make the terrain on this great website, It has some awesome terrain tutorials: http://us.games-workshop.com/games/w...in/terrain.htm

I was wondering, what it the rule for Warhammer for moving up elevations like hills or stairs?

ROTV-(2x land) 1SOTM 2RTTFF 1VW 1Tundra 1FOTA All expansion packs up to wave 6 (getting wave 7 soon).
Old March 21st, 2008, 03:26 PM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
Although, I was hesitant when I first got into heroscape about using hexes and not a tape measure. I have to say, I like it way better now. I like being able to move and shoot the miniatures without having to constantly measure.

I certainly don't knock those that like to measure however, there are plenty of folks that like the guessing of measuring and so on so forth. The other pro to making terrain without hexes is that it is a heck of a lot easier. Hexes have given me a new challenge with terrain making in that respect. I love the challange of making cool looking terrain, that will work with hexes.

Your battle board is looking good so far and I look forward to seeing it when you are done, thanks for sharing!
Old March 21st, 2008, 03:30 PM

Thanks! I also like using hexes instead of measuring while playing, but I like make terrain without hexes much more!

ROTV-(2x land) 1SOTM 2RTTFF 1VW 1Tundra 1FOTA All expansion packs up to wave 6 (getting wave 7 soon).
Old March 21st, 2008, 04:16 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
well, if you don't want to make it hex based then measuring is going to get very annoying. I suggest pushing hexes down into a sponge-like board to get the images. It probably won't stand out much, you can ignore putting hexes on the slopes, and would be relatively easy. I wouldn't know though, I don't make custom terrain. (I would love to but my artistic abilities are as low as The Mariana Trench...)
Old March 21st, 2008, 04:22 PM

Many other terrain games have to measure so if they can do it so can I. I also have an idea of making cardstock rings with a radius of 2-10 inches so I can just lay the fig. in the middle and move it anywhere within the ring. I would press hexes into the foam but I think it would make it look bad and also I would have to make the rest of the terrain hex based so there wouldn't be and unusable spots.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles