Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old July 29th, 2019, 07:22 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?
Re: Figure Suggestion Thread

Is there a site listing for places/games that have a lot of extra stock of miniatures? I've found it difficult to locate models that are plentiful (lots of out of print games and newer games with limited stock). I can keep searching by hand, but it's pretty rough.
Old August 1st, 2019, 10:47 AM

BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumovanis View Post
Is there a site listing for places/games that have a lot of extra stock of miniatures? I've found it difficult to locate models that are plentiful (lots of out of print games and newer games with limited stock). I can keep searching by hand, but it's pretty rough.
It's hard to tell exactly what you're looking for, but trollandtoad has a ton of minis (even for many OOP games and mini lines).
Old August 1st, 2019, 03:15 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

abPrices is also another good resource. You can search the model name for a wide variety of miniatures, and it'll pull up a list of places like TrollAndToad with the quantity and price. I don't believe that the list is exhaustive, but it might be good for getting an initial impression of the quantity that you're looking at.

If you're just looking for miniatures in general, I've found MinisGallery to be very useful. It contains images for many sets (no availability or prices, though, so you'd have to look elsewhere for that), although some like Mage Knight are pretty tough to find now. D&D and Pathfinder minis are generally good places to look, although the older they are the tougher they are to find.

Notably, the above website also contains digital renders for new releases months before they come out. You can always take a look at what will be included in the next release and design something for a sculpt that really catches your eye. Generally, availability will be very good (although Rare figures can be pricy) for a while after release.
Old August 3rd, 2019, 01:26 PM

Lumovanis Woo who?

Thanks for the info. Mostly just looking for figures in decent quantities in case I felt the need to do an SoV piece at some point. Beyond places like reaper which are print to order until a figure is OOP, I'm not really sure where to look.
Old August 9th, 2019, 04:24 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Hello!
Would anyone be able to help me out with figures for the characters from Waking the Dead?
Guns for the three who aren't doctors would be good, but not necessary. Clothes aren't something to be fussed about, but I'll know if something's wrong (apologies for not being able to be more specific! )

Here they are - sorry for the pics not being the best, slim pickings online, I got the best I could find:

DSI Peter Boyd:

Dr. Grace Foley (psychiatrist):

Dr. Frankie Wharton (forensic pathologist):

D.I. Spencer Jordan:

and DC. Stella Goodman:

Note that I'm perfectly happy to repaint. Modding is also acceptable, but I'm hoping that shouldn't be necessary here.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 9th, 2019, 05:13 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

@Lazy Orang
Paint the hair for Stella Goodman?

Karen Page - 027
HeroClix » Marvel HeroClix: Avengers/Defenders War

Another Stella Goodman option

Bethany Cabe - 102
HeroClix » Marvel Invincible Iron Man

Paint the lab coat for Dr. Frankie Wharton?

Simmons - 005
HeroClix » Fast Forces Nick Fury

Age the hair for Dr. Grace Foley?

Maria Hill - 011
HeroClix » Marvel Captain America The Winter Soldier

Total repaint for Peter Boyd?

Frank Drake - 013a
HeroClix » Marvel The Amazing Spider-Man

Repaint for Spencer Jordan? Glasses may be problematic.

Gotham City Detective - 006
HeroClix » DC Arkham Asylum

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old August 9th, 2019, 05:20 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
@Lazy Orang
Paint the hair for Stella Goodman?

Karen Page - 027
HeroClix » Marvel HeroClix: Avengers/Defenders War

Another Stella Goodman option

Bethany Cabe - 102
HeroClix » Marvel Invincible Iron Man

Paint the lab coat for Dr. Frankie Wharton?

Simmons - 005
HeroClix » Fast Forces Nick Fury

Age the hair for Dr. Grace Foley?

Maria Hill - 011
HeroClix » Marvel Captain America The Winter Soldier

Total repaint for Peter Boyd?

Frank Drake - 013a
HeroClix » Marvel The Amazing Spider-Man

Repaint for Spencer Jordan? Glasses may be problematic.

Gotham City Detective - 006
HeroClix » DC Arkham Asylum
Thank you so, so much mac122! Those are all just about pitch perfect! Will need painting, but with that, perfect!
Any suggestions for a head-swap for Boyd? That's the only modding I can see these needing (that and a head-swap for Spencer for the sake of no glasses and hair - I can see a John Stewart Lantern working there), they're so good.
Thanks again!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 9th, 2019, 08:11 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

How about the head of Aaron Cash for Spencer?

Hair, and I believe beard and mustache.

Aaron Cash - 018
DC Batman

I'll keep looking for an option for Boyd, though the one on the mini isn't too far off.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old August 10th, 2019, 06:38 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
How about the head of Aaron Cash for Spencer?

Hair, and I believe beard and mustache.

Aaron Cash - 018
DC Batman

I'll keep looking for an option for Boyd, though the one on the mini isn't too far off.
Thanks, chap!

I've actually found the four figures other than Spencer at one place (comics_wigan) and, browsing through their figure selections, last thing last night, found a different mini to use for Spence and, just now, found a good head for Boyd. So I'm set!
Thank you so much for all your help with this - you've been absolutley bloody invaluable, and it was so kind of you.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 10th, 2019, 07:35 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?

Quick question; how do the large base figures scale to the heroscape bases? Are they too big? Was looking over some of the Pathfinder stuff and noticed a few interesting pieces that are the larger sizes.
Old August 10th, 2019, 01:05 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumovanis View Post
Quick question; how do the large base figures scale to the heroscape bases? Are they too big? Was looking over some of the Pathfinder stuff and noticed a few interesting pieces that are the larger sizes.
Alot of those games larger bases dont fit on a two hex. Thats why scapers replace them with a peanut base.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 11th, 2019, 03:34 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Alot of those games larger bases dont fit on a two hex. Thats why scapers replace them with a peanut base.
Well, I was looking at the peanut base, but I'm doubtful at least one of the figures I'm interested in will fit properly on one. This elemental in particular (it is on the larger base and it fills the base entirely);

Rolling Oil
Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards