Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 14th, 2013, 11:40 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Doctor Manhattan (Design Phase)

He is right at the same height as Yellowjacket and Giant-man.

EDIT: Which is Huge 8.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old January 16th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Get his life too low and auto-destroy and auto-wound powers will own him.

I feel strongly that the best way to make a high point Event Hero is with reasonable defense (like 6 or 7) and higher life. This lets squaddies and heroes alike stay competitive against the Event Hero, while letting him last a while (hopefully long enough to earn his points).

9 defense and 5 life is the wrong direction, IMO, and will make him even swingier than the powers alone will.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 16th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I could always go back to my original straight 7s.
Old January 16th, 2013, 11:05 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think that'll make him easier to balance for sure.

Old January 17th, 2013, 12:03 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

What about reversing the stats? Life 9, move 8, range 7, attack 6, defense 5.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old January 18th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Eh... I feel like that sort of betrays the character. Moving really fast, shooting from afar, but easy to hurt and no stronger than Captain America?

I'll probably go with straight 7s and see how he plays that way.
Old February 8th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Okay, giving this guy an Initial this weekend for sure - snowed in, so I have no excuses. Second post has all of the eggs in a row. We'll see how he feels!
Old February 8th, 2013, 09:54 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What if Growing Apathy worked more like this:

Before revealing an Order Marker on this card, you must roll the 20-sided die. Subtract X from the roll, where X = yada yada yada all the stuff you already have. If you roll a 5 or less, you must remove the lowest unrevealed numbered Order Marker from this card.

It would be a neat way to tie him to Silk Spectre, as her Emotional Grounding would keep him from being such a party pooper.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old February 9th, 2013, 12:00 AM

I like that, Margloth, but I might up the roll to say 7 or less, to account for her being able to get around it and for your not losing a turn until later rather than the turn you're on.

Old February 11th, 2013, 06:39 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
What if Growing Apathy worked more like this:

Before revealing an Order Marker on this card, you must roll the 20-sided die. Subtract X from the roll, where X = yada yada yada all the stuff you already have. If you roll a 5 or less, you must remove the lowest unrevealed numbered Order Marker from this card.

It would be a neat way to tie him to Silk Spectre, as her Emotional Grounding would keep him from being such a party pooper.
That's an awesome idea. Like how the designs compliment each other, then. She *might* make him too powerful, though. But then again, she's not hard to kill in the slightest, so...
Old February 11th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

I can live with that change. (Clearly I didn't get the initial in, ugh). Any objections?
Old March 8th, 2013, 12:33 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Doctor Manhattan

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
PASS

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
PASS

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
PASS

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit too powerful or too weak.
PASS

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
PASS

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
PASS

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
PASS

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
PASS

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
PASS

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
PASS

Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? YES!
- What should be the unit's point value? 440-450 POINTS
- Give a brief overview. He's really not that great - in one on one matches he can really break the opposition, but he's generally not that much better than Superman. I suspect he'd have more of an advantage on a bigger map, with more chances to play it safe, hit and run, and all that. Reconstitution is probably cancelled out, advantage-wise, by Growing Apathy... but I suspect he'll be worth some more in army tests.
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test
- What should be the unit's point value? <400 POINTS
- Give a brief overview. Doctor Manhattan kills a guy, then is overwhelmed.
Map: Custom Map (Mostly flat swamp with lava height near center.)
Units: Doctor Manhattan (440 Points) vs. Gorilla City Warriors x3.66 (458.33 Points)
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test
- What should be the unit's point value? 400~ POINTS
- Give a brief overview. Doctor Manhattan is slowly chipped down to nothing.
Units: Doctor Manhattan (440 Points) vs. S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents x4 (440 Points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- What should be the unit's point value? 500+ POINTS
- Give a brief overview. Wow. Good rolls, no lost turns, and Manhattan was able to completely crush his opposition. I'll bump his points up a bit for sure; let's go to 460.
Units: Doctor Manhattan, Spider-Man (600 Points) vs. Superman, Batman (600 Points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- What should be the unit's point value? 460-470 POINTS
- Give a brief overview. Very close game! Doctor Manhattan starts off as a terror but slowly, as time goes on, gets less and less interested in these petty games and becomes a riskier and riskier proposition. I had some qualms (he loses turns too often, but comes back too easily); overall, though, his powers balance themselves surprisingly well! I think 460 is a fair price, but really, with smarter player than me, he could be worth a bit more.
Units: Doctor Manhattan, Comedian, Silk Spectre, Rorschach, Nite Owl (990 Points) vs. Ozymandias, Omni-Man, Red Skull: Johann Schmidt, Echo (990 Points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- What should be the unit's point value? 430-440 POINTS
- Give a brief overview. Bad luck got Manhattan killed early, but the "run away and let Manhattan take charge" strategy that I hoped would work did not at all make up for it. He's definitely not at his best in these sorts of matchups.
Units: Doctor Manhattan, Flash (710 Points) vs. Phoenix, Dark Phoenix (720 Points)
Spoiler Alert!

FINAL THOUGHTS: I'm surprised at how reasonably he did! If anything he was too weak, though in more strategic hands and a map more suited to his strengths he'd probably be worth some more. I'd like to boost him a tiny bit, because 470 would fit him into the rest of the Watchmen evenly; I think I'll boost Reconstitution to remove 4 Wound Markers. Otherwise, I'm happy with him!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library