Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 12th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
If I can be helpful, I wanna be helpful!

Here are the scenarios - were they posted on HSHQ? I haven't played them, but I wanna:

Old May 12th, 2006, 03:07 PM

vernz has disabled reputation
thanks for posting all that stuff Hex for the ones who didnt get a tundra set

Old May 12th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
HEH, if you want to scan the whole rulebook I have Adobe Pro and can make the images into a PDF?
Old May 12th, 2006, 06:03 PM

dickflea Woo who?
Whao the colours of TT are excellent, now i just wished i had sparkly water titles.
Old May 12th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
HEH, if you want to scan the whole rulebook I have Adobe Pro and can make the images into a PDF?
That's a possibility, Nether. I think I can convert to PDF to if I'm not mistaken. Let me see if I have more time tonight.

I stayed home from work today to watch our kids. As is evident by the amount of posting I did today. . .

Anyway, did you read the bios for these scenarios? I love them. Little snippets of Valhalla for you. Reminds me of the bio you wrote for your glyph entry. Always fun to read and get a glimpse of the land of the Valkyrie.
Old May 12th, 2006, 06:24 PM

hex706f726368 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
I haven't played them, but I wanna:
I have played "The Storm of Frozen Shards" twice, once from the invading side and the other from the defending side. Both times the defender held easily. Not enough games to be conclusive, but the scenario felt very impossible against a competent player/drafter.
Old June 6th, 2006, 11:13 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Thread resurrection. (I guess didn’t want to start a new one for such a closely related post)

Thaelenk Tundra observations:

Had it for a couple of weeks now. As a whole I think it is very cool, aesthetically anyway. Glaciers are just amazing.

The heavy snow / slippery ice rules are definitely unimaginative.

The ice to snow ratio is out of whack...need more snow..BIG TIME

The ice pieces are too transparent...The maps I have made have the frozen/snow stuff higher up which means putting ice over normal terrain. Sand and grass show right through ice pieces and basically looks like butt. Rock or snow underneath looks the best.

Stacked snow looks good, which is probably why I think i need more snow. ( I have 3 sets)

whatevs… some observations I had.

I like it; just some things about it bug me more than just a little.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old June 6th, 2006, 11:31 PM
Heroscape Architect Extraordinaire

caravaggio is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
Thread resurrection. (I guess didn’t want to start a new one for such a closely related post)

Thaelenk Tundra observations:

Had it for a couple of weeks now. As a whole I think it is very cool, aesthetically anyway. Glaciers are just amazing.

The heavy snow / slippery ice rules are definitely unimaginative.

The ice to snow ratio is out of whack...need more snow..BIG TIME

The ice pieces are too transparent...The maps I have made have the frozen/snow stuff higher up which means putting ice over normal terrain. Sand and grass show right through ice pieces and basically looks like butt. Rock or snow underneath looks the best.

Stacked snow looks good, which is probably why I think i need more snow. ( I have 3 sets)

whatevs… some observations I had.

I like it; just some things about it bug me more than just a little.
i totally agree with you. here's a link to a thread about improving the snow rules...

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...hread.php?t=49

i dont know about the other rules yet, but i definately think that a -1 attack/defense when standing on ice is good. there has to be a difference between snow and ice!

i was kinda thinking that a little frost coat like you use on glass (either as a spray or a plastic sheet) placed inside the ice might help wit how crappy it looks on a sand or grass peice. i dont know, i haven't taken to modifying any of my heroscape stuff yet but it's an idea).

another thing that bugs me and may be worth modifying is that if the holes in the glacier bases went all the way through the base, hanging the glaciers upside down would be MUCH easier. do i dare get out the dremel?

and about the snow...

i think an ALL SNOW MASTERSET should be in the works (with improved snow rules). definately need larger tiles of white. and yeah, i've got a box half full of ice just sitting around while all the snow gets used up.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion