Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 6th, 2017, 01:34 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Lazy Orang's Classic Customs - Dr. Gudruna Vogt

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
This got one of my three precious votes! I really like how you've carried the theme from the bio through to the powers, and I'm a sucker for OM-less abilities.
Thank you - I was trying really hard to make the card and bio evocative of the theme I was going for, glad to hear I got that!

Quote:
90 seems about right.
I think so - she's a bit like Raelin, there's almost no army who won't appreciate having her, if they can spare the points. Of course, Raelin's aura is generally a lot stronger than Gudruna's powers, but Gudruna is more versatile and doesn't even need a numbered Order Marker in order to leave the start-zone - her powers work just fine where she is.

Quote:
Defense of 4 seems high for a naked tiny brain on chicken legs, but I guess she's using her amazing powers of calculation to dodge attacks. Reminds me of Amadeus Cho from the comics.
I was actually thinking of a low-level psionic forcefield (she is meant to be transcendent, after all), but that works too. Perhaps a combination of both? Not really familiar with Amadeus Cho, but I've seen him mentioned a couple of times on C3G - basically, combine his powers of calculation with the way in which Doctor Manhattan sees the universe (though not necessarily his personality) and you've got where I was coming from.

Thank you for your comments.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 6th, 2017, 02:57 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Lazy Orang's Classic Customs - Greater Metal Elemental

Okay, now that the May Custom Contest is over, I thought I'd post my entry here. I didn't win, but I came in joint second and received some positive comments, and I'm reasonably happy with the design anyway, so here we go. I'll just reiterate what I asked the organiser to put as my design notes in the contest's OP:

I saw this contest and I wanted to try to do something a little different from the standard four European Elements. Having been vaguely familiar with the Chinese Elements of Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal and Water from an early age, I've thought ever since shortly after the Elementals were first released that the specifically Chinese Elements would make interesting additions to the game (at least partially because, at that time, there were still only six Generals, and the ones lacking Elementals, Ullar and Vydar, were perfect fits for Wood and Metal, respectively). As such, I decided I wanted to design a Chinese Elemental, deciding on Metal since it was my first impulse and I was unable to find a decent figure for a Greater Wood Elemental (at least until I stumbled across a perfect one after submitting my entry....). Having decided upon Metal, my main priority was to try to make it distinct from the Iron Golem - in order to do this, I dropped its attack to four and its defence to five (the defence rising back to six following playtesting) and came up with the Deadly Ricochet power as I felt it was thematic and in an attempt to make it more of a ranged counter and less of a hero-killer. I had also raised its Life to 4, but, at my brother's suggestion, I later included the From the Earth power, in an attempt to convey some of the Chinese spirituality of element generation (it perhaps should have been called Earth Bears Metal, in retrospect), and as such dropped it's Life to 3 since it was capable of healing.

So anyway, here we go - the first of my Chinese Elementals (I'm considering doing more down the line, perhaps a Greater Wood Elemental and lesser versions of both), the Greater Metal Elemental!

Custom Pack Six: Earth Bears Metal
Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; June 15th, 2017 at 06:48 PM.
Old June 6th, 2017, 02:58 PM
Hard as ice

The Tome of Greater Metal Elemental

The Tome of Greater Metal Elemental

Custom Set Six
Earth Bears Metal

(Card by @DanieLoche )
Homeworld: Toril

The figure used for this unit is a D&D figure from the Icons of the Realms set.
Its model number and name are #28/44/ Iron Golem.

Card Text

Spoiler Alert!

Unit Bio
Spoiler Alert!

Rulings, Clarifications and Errata
Spoiler Alert!

Combinations and Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Immunities, Benefits and Weaknesses

Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; January 17th, 2018 at 04:09 PM.
Old June 11th, 2017, 07:15 PM
Hard as ice

Re: Lazy Orang's Classic Customs - Cybernetic Centurions

And here we tinker with metal, to try to give it a kind of life, and suffer those who would scoff at our efforts. But who's to say that, if intelligence had evolved in some other form in past millennia, the ancestors of these beings would not now scoff at the idea of intelligence residing within meat?
-- Prime Function Aki Zeta-5, "The Fallacies of Self-Awareness"

Yes, another Alpha Centauri quote, like with Dr. Vogt... I imagine I'll be doing this a decent amount with science fiction releases.
My first addition to this thread not to come from a contest! Well, not directly, anyway. Those of you who have been following my customs thread since about this time last year (yes, both of you! ) may remember the X-Series Cryo Centurion, created for last year's June Custom Contest. Though I was happy with the concept, the design as a whole felt somewhat... disappointing to me, fundamentally due to the fact that there felt like.... there should be some variation in who they can work with, rather than just copies of themselves - the unit concept was basically high-level Wyrmlings, after all. As such, I looked for Heroclix figures that felt like they would fit as more Centurions, designed a couple more (one for melee combat and one for short ranged crowd control), and now I have a faction! I'm fairly happy with how they turned out - for 500 points you can have any combination of seven Centurions of your choice, plus Isamu, an army which actually holds up surprisingly well, given its lack of squads - it's a really unique and distinct build, unlike anything in the official game, and it really feels like commanding an elite squadron of cybernetic super-soldiers. Of course, that's only one way of using them - you could, for example, take a small group of, say, two to four Centurions of your choice as part of larger army. Their speed of four and reliance on a small number of strong soldiers makes them an interesting, tactical build, one I am actually really happy with - my Cryo Centurions don't feel so disappointing any more.
I actually have a number of other designs waiting to post up here, but I don't have figure images for any of them yet - hopefully, before long, I'll be able to be a tad more active here.

Custom Set Seven: Cybernetic Centurions

Spoiler Alert!

~ Lazy Orang, making acknowledgement to @Soundwarp SG-1 for the General, and C3G for the Electrically Charged and Bludgeoning Strike special powers.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; June 15th, 2017 at 06:49 PM.
Old June 11th, 2017, 07:15 PM
Hard as ice

Re: The Tome of S-Series Ferro Centurion

The Tome of S-Series Ferro Centurion

Custom Set Seven
Cybernetic Centurions

(Card by @DanieLoche .)
Homeworld: Alpha Prime

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Superman and Wonder Woman set.
Its model number and name are #012 / Steel.

Card Text
Spoiler Alert!

Unit Bio

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 11th, 2017, 07:16 PM
Hard as ice

Re: The Tome of E-Series Tesla Centurion

The Tome of E-Series Tesla Centurion

Custom Set Seven
Cybernetic Centurions

(Card by @DanieLoche .)
Homeworld: Alpha Prime

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Invincible Iron Man set.
Its model number and name are #024 / Centurius.

Card Text
Spoiler Alert!

Unit Bio

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; August 26th, 2017 at 07:58 AM.
Old August 5th, 2017, 09:39 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang's Classic Customs - Flight of the Dragon Rider

Don’t fashion me into a maiden that needs saving from a dragon. I am the dragon, and I will eat you whole.
-- Unknown

Yes, another quote - I think I'll be using them to introduce updates as often as possible, in future.

I love dragons. I've loved them ever since I was a little girl - I was actually semi obsessed with them for a year or so. So, when Dr.Goomonkey's latest custom competition dropped, challenging entrants to make a human bonding option, and when I saw this stunning Dragon Rider figure (dragon riders have particularly enthralled me ), I couldn't resist doing something with it. The more sensible part of my brain considered doing something possibly more inventive with a much cheaper figure, but the part of me that's still 10 was getting so excited by the prospect of a bloody Dragon Rider that the decision, in the end, was a simple one.

Since the rider is clearly a knight, I decided that making her a Human Champion would be a good direction to go - I was concerned that if the only available bonding option for a contest to create a human bonding option were based on it having a species other than human, that may be grounds for disqualification, and besides, having a Dragon Rider swooping into battle alongside an army of knights was too cool an image not to go for. I made her Resolute, though, both because I was concerned enough about the Knights of Weston bonding with a dragon that I didn't really want to let the 4th Mass get in on that action as well, and also because, as mentioned in the first post of this thread, I do use other people's customs, and some of the ones in my collection are @TheAverageFan 's Maidens of Fusuna faction. Since Morwyn clearly looks like one of them, and I therefore imagined her having some ties to that order, giving her the personality that synergises with their leader, Fanya Silvershield, seemed like a good idea to me. It was also this faction, plus her colour scheme and my idea of what her personality was like, that made me choose to make her follow Sigyn.

Going on to powers, obviously Flying was a must. The next necessity was something to allow the dragon and the rider to strike in unison, as well as to dual-species the card (you can't have a Dragon Rider that counts as only a Human and not a Dragon, after all...). As such, The Dragon Dymmir was concocted - an ability that gave her the species Dragon, allows the Dragon to make a Sonlen-esque attempt at an auto-wound on an adjacent figure by striking it with tooth and claw, allowing the normal attack to represent Morwyn's blade, and which makes the name of the Dragon in question clear to anyone who reads the card (something I felt was deeply important ).

My next priority, power-wise, was to give her dragon a breath attack, and I wanted to try to go for something fairly different, as all the existing dragons have very distinct SAs (when they even have one at all, Charos...). Going by the fact that I'd made this dragon follow Sigyn, I thought something that going for something that fit Sigyn's theme would be fitting, something to encourage going after the biggest challenges and the most terrifying foes. Now, I didn't really feel like most big heroes were strong enough in the meta-game that I really wanted something to take them down a peg, however, as you are probably all aware, there is one glaring exception to this rule - he goes by the name Major Q9, though he is more often known as 'That Utter Bastard'. As such, rather than basing the strength of Flame of Heroes special attack on a figure's Life value or their size, I based it on their defence, mostly so that there's one more weapon out there to crack through that blasted Soulborg. That the Deathwalkers also suffer is an, admittedly unfortunate, side-effect.

I was planning on leaving her there, but something wasn't sitting right. I felt like the design was almost... disappointing. I wanted my Dragon Rider to be more... epic than this, and then, when I ran it past my family, we also discovered a problem of unclear theme. Was she a leader for the Knights of Weston? If so, a leadership power would help to illustrate that... but she wasn't. She was never meant to be. I wanted her to be a champion fighting alongside them, but I didn't even mean for her to be a Knight of Weston, let alone a leader of them - the fact that she's a) a woman and b) riding a dragon, meant that her being a knight from Medieval Europe was not exactly possible, and, due to that and her colour scheme, she could never have been a part of that order. I wanted her to be a fantasy hero, swooping in to help save the day when things are going pear-shaped, rallying the knights behind her but never really leading them... thus, Heroic Intervention was born. While I knew I was stepping over the perceived three-power limit, the image and theme of her swooping down from the sky to come to your army's aid was more than worth it, in my eyes.

In the end, while she didn't win, I'm really happy with her design, and she's one that the dragon-obsessed little girl that's still somewhere within me will always have a blast playing. Anyway, here's her card - sorry for rambling somewhat more than usual!

Custom Set Eight: Flight of the Dragon Rider
Spoiler Alert!

~ Lazy Orang, making acknowledgement to @Soundwarp SG-1 for the General and the Homeworld.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; August 5th, 2017 at 05:22 PM.
Old August 5th, 2017, 09:40 AM
Hard as ice

The Tome of Morwyn Rhoderyk

The Tome of Morwyn Rhoderyk

Custom Set Eight
Flight of the Dragon Rider

(Card by @DanieLoche )
Homeworld: Grymwold

The figure used for this unit is a Pathfinder figure from the Crown of Fangs set.
Its model number and name are #44/ Grey Maiden Dragon Rider.

Card Text

Spoiler Alert!

Unit Bio
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; October 11th, 2017 at 04:57 PM.
Old August 5th, 2017, 05:56 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Lazy Orang's Classic Customs - Flight of the Dragon Ride

One of my personal favorites from the Competition, and a welcome addition to the Fusuna Faction in my canon.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old August 5th, 2017, 06:07 PM
Hard as ice

Re: Lazy Orang's Classic Customs - Flight of the Dragon Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
One of my personal favorites from the Competition, and a welcome addition to the Fusuna Faction in my canon.

~TAF
I thank you, sir! That's quite a complement. I'm picking up Morwyn along with your own Nathalya Silvershield later this year, and I already have a couple of squads of Maidens and Fanya that I got for my birthday last year - I look forward to trying out that faction together! Maybe this army might work at 600?

Morwyn Rhoderyk - 190
Fanya Silvershield - 125
Nathalya Silvershield - 75
2x Maidens of Fusuna - 140
1x Greenscale Warriors - 60
600 Total

Lacking in range, though, which is rarely a good sign. Sounds fun to try, though, at least!

~ Lazy Orang, noting that, in its own way, Heroic Intervention filled a similar thematic area to your Maidens' Avenger Manoeuver - not intended, but something I'm glad of, considering she was definitely meant to fit thematically within that faction!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 23rd, 2017, 04:02 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
[...]
I just saw the little mess for the first power on the army card !
I'll correct this ASAP.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old August 23rd, 2017, 06:06 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
[...]
I just saw the little mess for the first power on the army card !
I'll correct this ASAP.
Thanks!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards