Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Notices

Old December 15th, 2020, 10:18 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Special Event: Bring the VCheese #2

Signed up. Fingers crossed, I'll actually have time to play.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 16th, 2020, 05:35 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Special Event: Bring the VCheese #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Signed up. Fingers crossed, I'll actually have time to play.
Well it's single elimination, so as long as you can carve out enough time for 1 game, you should be good.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old December 16th, 2020, 05:55 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Special Event: Bring the VCheese #2 (signups until 12/18

Oh good. That will work perfectly.

= =
Old December 17th, 2020, 04:39 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Hey everyone:

A quick update on a change we are are planning to make. Because this was not announced at the start of the event, it is not set in stone, and if there are multiple objections we will scrap this. That said:

Last time we ran the VCheese event we had a completely random draw. Due to the vagaries of a random draw, we ended up with most of the similar armies ending up on the same side of the draw with each other. This time, to avoid this, we will be manually designating pods of similar armies. For example, two armies that both contain 4 squads of Heavy Gruts would be considered similar armies.

When the draw is seeded, armies that are in the same pod will be placed maximally far apart from one another. If there are two armies in the pod, they will be placed on opposite halves of the draw. If there are three, one will be on one side and the other two will be in opposite quarters of the other side. And so on.

Without getting into the nitty gritty, the process of seeding the draw will still be completely random with the exception of these pods of similar armies being forced apart. I can get into the details of how I plan to do this if anyone is curious, but it's based on the same pseudorandom sort that we use normally.

Again, if anyone has a problem with this, please let us know. Thanks.
Old December 17th, 2020, 04:41 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

In addition to dok's post, please note that the deadline for entry is noon eastern time on Friday. Hopefully that lets us post round 1 in the afternoon and have games open to be played Friday night.
Old December 17th, 2020, 04:47 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Hey everyone:

A quick update on a change we are are planning to make. Because this was not announced at the start of the event, it is not set in stone, and if there are multiple objections we will scrap this. That said:

Last time we ran the VCheese event we had a completely random draw. Due to the vagaries of a random draw, we ended up with most of the similar armies ending up on the same side of the draw with each other. This time, to avoid this, we will be manually designating pods of similar armies. For example, two armies that both contain 4 squads of Heavy Gruts would be considered similar armies.

When the draw is seeded, armies that are in the same pod will be placed maximally far apart from one another. If there are two armies in the pod, they will be placed on opposite halves of the draw. If there are three, one will be on one side and the other two will be in opposite quarters of the other side. And so on.

Without getting into the nitty gritty, the process of seeding the draw will still be completely random with the exception of these pods of similar armies being forced apart. I can get into the details of how I plan to do this if anyone is curious, but it's based on the same pseudorandom sort that we use normally.

Again, if anyone has a problem with this, please let us know. Thanks.
Just in case there are objections (and a further discussion), I wanted to express support for this change.

I think it better fits the goal of a "bring & find the cheese" tournament and will make early rounds more fun.
Old December 17th, 2020, 05:03 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Very sensible. Please send me a PM with @Chris Perkins ‘ army, so that I can use the exact same one.

Thank you.

(Kidding aside, this is a good idea.)

= =
Old December 17th, 2020, 05:24 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

So... how would you feel about an outside force bribing everyone to play the exact same army? Asking for a friend...
Old December 17th, 2020, 05:34 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
So... how would you feel about an outside force bribing everyone to play the exact same army? Asking for a friend...
If we have 32 identical builds they will all be sequestered in their own 1/32nd of the draw.
Old December 17th, 2020, 05:34 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

What's the bribe? I'm listening
Old December 17th, 2020, 07:25 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Very sensible. Please send me a PM with @Chris Perkins ‘ army, so that I can use the exact same one.

Thank you.

(Kidding aside, this is a good idea.)
I'm sure I can do this.

I like that way of seeding as well.
Old December 17th, 2020, 08:25 PM
I'm Feeling Inspired To Play Some Gladiators

BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker

I’m in favor. However, Does this change in any way affect my plan of losing to Kevindola in round one?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events