Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon
ScapeCon Forum for events related to Scapecon

Notices

Old April 27th, 2021, 11:47 PM

Razqua is surprisingly tart
Re: Announcing ScapeCon: July 29th-August 1st

Is it too late to get that deposit in for the promos? I've decided I'm going. Just send me the details and I'll send the money.
Old April 27th, 2021, 11:49 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razqua View Post
Is it too late to get that deposit in for the promos? I've decided I'm going. Just send me the details and I'll send the money.
Nope, you're in the nick of time! I'm glad you'll be joining us! I'll PM you my PayPal address.
Old April 28th, 2021, 01:17 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

For multiplayer madness, how do zombies/dividers work, and how does mindshackling work?

Is it 20 points per zombie no matter how many get killed? Is mindshackling just dumb because it gives your opponents more possible points? What if you take temporary control of an opponent’s figure and destroy it (Marcu, Mind Flayer, WWL)?
Old April 28th, 2021, 07:53 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
For multiplayer madness, how do zombies/dividers work, and how does mindshackling work?

Is it 20 points per zombie no matter how many get killed? Is mindshackling just dumb because it gives your opponents more possible points? What if you take temporary control of an opponent’s figure and destroy it (Marcu, Mind Flayer, WWL)?
Excellent questions. Whenever I want an answer, I go to the source. Paging @Dad_Scaper .
Old April 28th, 2021, 08:30 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

In my understanding of the rules, it's 33.3 points every time you get a wound on Cyprien and 12.5 every time you kill a Marro Warrior. So by running those sorts of figures you give your opponents the opportunity to score more points. This keeps the scoring rules relatively easy to calculate. The only thing I'm not sure of is Mezzos; I think knocking off an Exo is just worth 0 points, and killing them for real is worth 32.5, but not 100% sure.
Old April 28th, 2021, 08:36 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It’s very easy to overthink the format. When you do damage, take your pencil and write down the points: 20 for each divider. Doesn’t matter how it got there. You had temporary control of Marcu and did damage with him? Good. Take points. You took *permanent* control with Ne Gok Sa? That’s not damage. No points, at that moment. Though of course you will get points when your stolen hero starts hurting things.

Things that heal or regenerate can give more than they cost. Things that hurt themselves, conversely, can give fewer: wolves of badru don’t give points for failing to destroy.

There are units that do damage when it’s not their turn. Any LEA, or counterstrike, for instance. You get those.

Edit: vegie is 100% correct.

We play all fractions get rounded down. No fractions. Kill all the Krav with one glorious fireline? Take 99 points.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 28th, 2021, 09:42 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Thank you both!

Event sign-up is now live here!
Old April 28th, 2021, 01:21 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
We play all fractions get rounded down. No fractions. Kill all the Krav with one glorious fireline? Take 99 points.
Errr...what?

why not 100? in the event you kill 1, sure you get a fraction...but if you solely kill an entire squad, or hero, then you should get the full points of the card I would think.

If that's not the case, the I think a printed "Points per figure/Points per life" sheet should be provided for quick reference.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 28th, 2021, 01:27 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I qualified that on purpose, with a "this is what we do."

You bring your army. You know what you have. It's pretty easy to have on your own sheet precisely that chart, for your own army: I have Nilfheim, Krav, and Deadeye Dan. They are worth x, y, and z per wound. Then when my opponent puts two wounds my Nilf, or kills a Krav, I can just read off my own sheet how many points per wound they are.

There's no need for a master chart for everybody to see. Just know what your own army is worth, and share that information as needed.

As for rounding everything down, that's just what we do. If these fine folks want to institute a "one shot" rule, saying that killing a full-health hero just gives the full value of the hero (or, similarly, my fireline krav squad), so you don't round down, I don't care. Seems reasonable. If you only kill 2, you get 66, but if you happen to grab all 3, you get 100. I really wouldn't bother with fractions but that's not my call.

= =
Old April 28th, 2021, 01:56 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

I’ll discuss with some other people. Luckily it’s only a few extra points gained/lost either way. I’ll probably announce the ruling tomorrow.
Old April 28th, 2021, 02:52 PM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

We are good to go boys -- the hotel sent back the countersigned agreement. We have the ballroom from 3pm Wed. through 3pm Sunday (ballroom closes each night at midnight and reopens at 6am each morning.) A few announcements:
1. If you want to reserve a room in our hotel block, please do so before June 28. The rooms will be released back into the general hotel inventory on that date. I should have a link to our block to post by the end of the week. We only have 5 double queens and 5 kings for Wed. night -- we can probably get more if needed. We have 15 double queens and 5 kings Thurs - Sat nights. Just not sure how many people to expect for Wed.
2. You can cancel a hotel room reservation 24 hours prior to your check in date/time with no penalty.
3. Check in 3pm, checkout 11am.
4. Plan is to start map building at 3pm on Wed., hopefully finish by 5pm. Plan on gaming on Wed. night. OEAO will start a map building sign up thread. Don't worry if you are a slow map builder -- you can't be slower than Ken.
5. Final payment for the CON is due on July 1.
6. Please send me a pm (if you have not already done so) if you have any particular diet needs/restrictions (gluten free, vegan, etc.) The hotel is very accommodating. Also, please pm me if you or anyone in your party needs any other accommodations.
Thanks to all who sent in their deposits so that we could book this. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Old April 28th, 2021, 04:45 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
I’ll discuss with some other people. Luckily it’s only a few extra points gained/lost either way. I’ll probably announce the ruling tomorrow.
Right, exactly. That's why I've never really cared much about the answer to this question. Do what you want.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon