Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Notices

Old June 4th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: North Carolina Scapers

I'm going to be in Charlotte in a couple of weeks and I was wondering what the best store to find boosters is. If somebody could PM the name of a good game store, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Old June 4th, 2009, 01:06 PM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Haven't a clue, but wishing you good hunting, Rab!

Looking forward to playing at AF&G tonight! I can start playing with my news Snipers...

Also, now that we've got all the Wave 9 previews out, I think I may have to go ahead and pre-order another complete set- they're just too cool to let it slide. I'm definitely looking to have multiples of all the commons, and I can either trade the uniques away or else use them for repaints or something.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old June 5th, 2009, 10:35 AM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So, it's been over a month now since I've moved to All Fun & Games, and I haven't seen anyone else there, aside from Oliver. I'd hate to think that people have just given up on 'Scaping in the Raleigh area, and I'm wondering if there's anything we can do to make it a little easier for people to come out. As I recall, there was some talk to the effect that Thursdays were not great, coming during the week as they do. Would people be more inclined to show up if we moved the game to Friday or Saturday nights? We talked to Vivian and she said that space was definitely available, we would just need to reservce the tables a little ahead of time. The other idea proposed, if it would make it easier, would be to make it a monthly event, rather than every week. Really, I'd like to know what if anything we could do to get some more players, because I got crushed by Oliver and Mrs. Oliver working together last night, and that was just... well it was just awful.

Old June 5th, 2009, 11:13 AM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite-M View Post
So, it's been over a month now since I've moved to All Fun & Games, and I haven't seen anyone else there,
Even though I wasn't one of the regulars at Amazing Tales, the move to AF&G is good for me and my boys....but unfortunately we haven't been able to make it over because of all kinds of stuff going on with the family.

Any evening other than Sunday is about the same for us...just a matter of not having other stuff going on. Sundays are out for us. Monthly might work better as then I can put it on the calendar and "defend" it.

I know for sure I can be there 6/18.

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old June 5th, 2009, 12:05 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

I'd like to make it but I'm busy through August.
Old June 5th, 2009, 05:13 PM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite-M View Post
I'd like to know what if anything we could do to get some more players, because I got crushed by Oliver and Mrs. Oliver working together last night, and that was just... well it was just awful.
Well Diane was kinda of ticked at you for shooting at West's Krug right before he hit her lines in the previous game. She got her elf army crushed by West's Krug in an earlier game where she wounded it within one of death and then could not get the final hit she needed. West had several activations of a fully powered Krug beating on her. Usually Diane is looking for allies against me since when we play games at home she has no allies. The fact that she agreed with me to team up against you just goes to show how badly you ticked her off by shooting Krug. You also did manage to kill about your armies point's worth of both of our forces.

Now I will be at All Fun & Games on the 11th and I will set up two maps. One for Daniel and Cameron and another larger one for up to four players. I can make it for a game around 5 on the 13th if anyone posts here that they are willing to show up. After that I will not be available till after the July 4th weekend.

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old June 5th, 2009, 06:15 PM

obsidianguard knows what's in an order marker obsidianguard knows what's in an order marker

Hogg, I am officially old now! I turned 30 yesterday.

Back from the dead
Old June 5th, 2009, 06:40 PM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidianguard View Post
Hogg, I am officially old now! I turned 30 yesterday.
And I turned 39 last Friday.

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old June 5th, 2009, 07:58 PM

Altron_ZERO Woo who?

AF&G is way too far for me. Amazing tales was hard enough for me to get to, I wish I could play more scape, but until I get my license in October, I prolly wont be making it to any games for a while.

I have a little personal news. My Saturday mornings will be free now because, the martial arts class I helped teach will no longer be having classes. My teacher's hours got switched and will no longer be able to teach. So I will be learning Shotokan and Akido from his teacher on Thursdays and sometimes Tuesdays now.

Old June 6th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altron_ZERO View Post
I will be learning Shotokan.
That is awesome! I have studied Shotokan for over 20 years, it is tough, but it will make you into a piece of Iron, not much will harm you in a straight fight. Keep it up and good luck.
Old June 6th, 2009, 03:31 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Elstree and I haven't made it because of being out of town or insanely busy in general. It seems unlikely that we'll be making an appearance in the next few weeks because of out of town visitor and more travel. After the 4th of July, we should be making it out on occasion.

Part of me forgot that it was happening on Thursday nights, I guess that with low thread activity I had it in my head that nothing was going on. We'll have to get down there as soon as we can.
Old June 8th, 2009, 02:31 PM

Well, the option remains on the table: if people think it would be more convenient to have gaming at AF&G on Friday or Saturday night, then it would not be a problem for the currently-attending to make the changeover.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers