Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old July 27th, 2012, 11:50 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Battleship Galaxies

Yeah, they kind of left it hanging as a one and done type thing. Kind of sad because a few more factions and new cards and scenarios could have done well for this game. Oh well, at least it isn't a money sink with loads of expansions, I've already got enough of those type games.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 28th, 2012, 12:16 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

It's a great game. I believe that more factions would make it even better.

Old September 30th, 2012, 09:50 PM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

Its sad to see this dropped.....

Anyway, does anyone know if any decent Halo miniatures exist for this scale?
Old October 17th, 2012, 09:27 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I just order Battleship Galaxies and should get it next week. Yay! I'm pretty pumped. Any strategies to give a newb?
Old October 18th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
I just order Battleship Galaxies and should get it next week. Yay! I'm pretty pumped. Any strategies to give a newb?
If you play the Wretch, be aggressive!

Old October 18th, 2012, 04:21 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hive Lord 1233 View Post
Yes, I too am sad to see that it was dropped (...another HasBORG marketing debacle - unlike HS, they wanted this one to go to the FLGS instead of the Big Box Stores, and so it didn't ever get sufficient exposure to a large enough audience...). Ces't la vie. Well at least, I'm glad that I did not sink any money into this one [yet], but will be keeping my eyes open for it to show up at a reduced CLEARANCE price somewhere. Then I'll probably have to add it to my collection of closeted dust collectors.

@ Hive Lord ~ what do you mean by "...this scale?"??? The Halo miniatures that I've seen are HeroClix-like individual characters (aprx. 2" tall), while Battleship Galaxies are outer space vessels. The appropriate "SCALE" would be better found in either Star-Wars or Star-Trek ship models. However, I noticed in my local Walmarts and TRU's that the MegaBlok company is doing a whole series of small characters and vehicles under the "Halo" logo and obvious licensing agreement.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old October 18th, 2012, 05:03 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Has it been officially dropped? Every time I see this thread bumped I'm hopeful than an expansion has been announced.
Old October 27th, 2012, 11:32 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just got my copy of the game and played the starter scenario last night, Dead Zone. Had a lot of fun. I was the Wretch and bro-in-law was the ISN. We both realized we played our ships in the wrong order after the fact, but a great time nonetheless.

I have a question that I'm hoping someone could answer. Do you have to pay to activate each ship in a squadron? Example: The activation cost of the card is 2 and there are 3 ships. Do I pay 2 energy to use all 3 or 6 energy?
Old October 27th, 2012, 01:09 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Only 2 energy; the fighters pay by squadron. However, the special fighters pay seperatly!
Old October 27th, 2012, 03:45 PM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
Quote:
Yes, I too am sad to see that it was dropped (...another HasBORG marketing debacle - unlike HS, they wanted this one to go to the FLGS instead of the Big Box Stores, and so it didn't ever get sufficient exposure to a large enough audience...). Ces't la vie. Well at least, I'm glad that I did not sink any money into this one [yet], but will be keeping my eyes open for it to show up at a reduced CLEARANCE price somewhere. Then I'll probably have to add it to my collection of closeted dust collectors.

@ Hive Lord ~ what do you mean by "...this scale?"??? The Halo miniatures that I've seen are HeroClix-like individual characters (aprx. 2" tall), while Battleship Galaxies are outer space vessels. The appropriate "SCALE" would be better found in either Star-Wars or Star-Trek ship models. However, I noticed in my local Walmarts and TRU's that the MegaBlok company is doing a whole series of small characters and vehicles under the "Halo" logo and obvious licensing agreement.

I'm talking about ship miniatures, for making customs.
Old October 27th, 2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Only 2 energy; the fighters pay by squadron. However, the special fighters pay seperatly!
Wow, that's awesome. Definitely worth it to field these guys right away when you've got 3 resurrect cards for them in your deck. I'm hoping to try out the asteroid scenario tonight in a 4 player game.
Old October 29th, 2012, 12:16 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
Quote:
... does anyone know if any decent Halo miniatures exist for this scale?
... The appropriate "SCALE" would be better found in either Star-Wars or Star-Trek ship models. However, I noticed in my local Walmarts and TRU's that the MegaBlok company is doing a whole series of small characters and vehicles under the "Halo" logo and obvious licensing agreement.
I'm talking about ship miniatures, for making customs.
I have *NOT* seen any Halo ship miniatures at a similar SCALE as the Battleship Galaxies models. Good luck trying to find one.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games