Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old February 13th, 2013, 09:54 AM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun
JS' Just Special Map Thread - Law of the Jungle Added

Greetings all,

This thread contains all my maps (Duh!) I would greatly appreciate all feedback/criticism.

Thanks!

And without further ado, I present:

PDf Download
1 SotM, 1 Volcarren Wasteland, 1 Jungle Set

PDF Download
1 SotM, 1 Jungle Set

PDF Download
1 RotV, 1 Volcarren Wasteland, 1 Tundra

PDF Download
1 BftU, 2 Forest Set

PDF Download
3 RotV, 4 Forest Set

LAW OF THE JUNGLE

PDF Download
1 RotV, 2 Ticalla Jungle

As stated above all feedback/criticism is greatly appreciated.

BTW, a huge thanks to: Shedim Kabal, Kinseth, Boromir96, and BlackCharos! For were it not for them, I wouldn't have figured out how to post my maps. Thanks, guys!

Last edited by Joseph Sweeney; March 30th, 2015 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Added: Law of the Jungle.
Old February 13th, 2013, 12:02 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: JS's Just Special Map Thread - NEW

You should zoom in closer before taking the virtual pics.
Old February 13th, 2013, 12:04 PM

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
You should zoom in closer before taking the virtual pics.
Yeah, that would make sense. I'll do that a soon as I get on a computer.

~JS, from his phone
Old February 13th, 2013, 12:20 PM

Is anyone having trouble accessing the PDF's? I'm very new to the whole Google docs and PDF thing.
Old February 13th, 2013, 12:32 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I checked for you and it wants me to sign in before I can access the file. Not familiar with how Google docs work, I use mediafire for my maps and it provides me with a link I can share.
Old February 13th, 2013, 12:53 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You need to change the Share settings on each individual PDF so that other people can view them.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old February 13th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Nice looking maps.

Magma Marsh in particular stood out for me, but I'm a sucker for a nice lava map. Did you think about trying to incorporate the Hive as a line of sight blocker? And drudge aside, I'm not sure what will draw units to the very edge, perhaps a glyph on each side?
Old February 13th, 2013, 01:16 PM

@B96
Heh,...see what I mean? I'd be lost without you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Nice looking maps.

Magma Marsh in particular stood out for me, but I'm a sucker for a nice lava map. Did you think about trying to incorporate the Hive as a line of sight blocker? And drudge aside, I'm not sure what will draw units to the very edge, perhaps a glyph on each side?
Actually, no, the idea of adding the hive to the map hadn't crossed my mind, but I'll give it a shot.

As to glyphs, well, I used glyphs on all of those maps (yes, they were to the sides. ), I found they were defiantly a magnet and attracted units to the sides. I just kinda forgot to add them to the map.

Thanks for the feedback, Ollie!

I have my work cut out for me, so just as soon as I get on my computer I'll fix all the mistakes.

~JS, still from his phone...

EDIT: I really had a good time building Magma Marsh, the idea of lava and swamp is really appealing to me.
Old February 13th, 2013, 09:38 PM

bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker

I'd recommend putting the places that you used for glyphs as part of your Virtualscape file so it is clear how they have played in to your design.

I've got a concern with Magma Marsh; at first glance it looks pretty, but a glyph anywhere on the map can be reached by a flyer with a move of 6 on the first order marker. So you can fly over with any number of dragons, grab a glyph, and attack. Mimring, Nilfheim and Zelrig can all get first strikes on multiple figures.

Unfortunately I don't think there is much that can be done about that without redesigning the map

I like the look of So Cold It Burns. I assume that you use glyphs on the furthermost lava tiles? If not this is a great spot for them. That said, there is only one adjacent hex that can be attacked from, so this could be troublesome for melee attacking a figure on that glyph. If you have them available, I'd recommend replacing one of those molten lava with another lava tile so it can be attacked by at least two melee figures.
Old March 1st, 2013, 07:53 AM

@bacchus,
The glyph on MagaMarsh is actually located on a single piece, preventing any double spaced figure from standing upon them. While it's not entirely off to the side of the map, it is still rather close.

It's so cold....it burns!:
Yup, that's where the glyph is located. I'll see about placing another piece next-to it. However, I'm trying to limit my boards to 1 master set, and two expansion set's, so that may be a little tricky.

I need to get back to these at some point, but I'm a little busy at the moment, so I'll conduct the changes later.

BTW, are you fellas able to access the PDF links now?

Last edited by Joseph Sweeney; March 1st, 2013 at 08:00 AM.
Old March 1st, 2013, 11:34 AM
C3G Landlord

No. I clicked a link and it just brings me to a blank page with some drop down menus (file, edit, view, help) that don't lead to anything that allows me to see the build directions. I tried the download option and it wants me to sign in.
Old March 1st, 2013, 11:43 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Nice looking maps. I would suggest switching the start zones on Forest Fight for the Heights to the long ends of the map. Currently, ranged flyers will be able to get a first turn strike on an opponent's start zone.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios