Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 29th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Re: Which Kyrie squad is the best?

Each of the Kyrie Squad units have a general "niche" purpose. The Minions serve as Hero-Killers and for dealing with high-risk melee squads such as the KoW, Gladiatron, Gladiators, and Calvary units such as the Templars and Grok Riders. The Sentinels are used as Glyph Holders and Choke Point Guards. The Imperium are used as Shock Troops to eliminate high risk range squads and Aura Heroes. The Protecters are skirmishers used hassle unit's and slow movements and when played effectively can used to funnel enemies into a trap. The Kyrie Units have their purpose one can't fill the role of the other and thus I don't think it suits to rate one over the other

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old July 29th, 2009, 04:23 PM

Zhoom45 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Wow, 14 responses and not a single admonishment to Search.
I'm wayyy ahead of you Killometer . After seeing Onacara and others rave about the search feature at some poor scaper who doesn't know what they're doing, I was sure to search thoroughly for a thread on this topic before I posted.

BTW, good post, Fallen Templar.

Zhoom45 is every character in his own little world which no one has heard of, or wants to enter for that matter.
Old July 29th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhoom45 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Wow, 14 responses and not a single admonishment to Search.
I'm wayyy ahead of you Killometer . After seeing Onacara and others rave about the search feature at some poor scaper who doesn't know what they're doing, I was sure to search thoroughly for a thread on this topic before I posted.

BTW, good post, Fallen Templar.
I had remembered seeing this topic come up a couple times recently, but I had forgotten that they were dart48's ill-fated polls.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Last edited by Killometer; July 31st, 2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old July 29th, 2009, 07:10 PM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker

I'de say my favorite is the minions with the Einar Imperium in a close second. I've played the minions a bunch and my opinion may change as I play the EI more. I do believe all the kyrie squads are good and great squads. Personally I dont even find the EI to be overpriced, if played correctly they are devastating.Im thinking of a EI/Protector army I might try in the future. Sounds like fun!

Dustin
Old July 29th, 2009, 07:14 PM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker

It's a close call for me between the Sentinels and the Minions. The Protectors and EIs look overpriced in comparison. Minions and Sentinels are solid squads. They are so solid that their movement had to be restrained. If I had to choose which one to be between a Minion and a Sentinel, I would choose to be a Sentinel. They look great and are tough to kill. Therefore, the Sentinels get my vote.

1. Sentinels
2. Minions
3. Protectors (because of the range and "newness")
4. EIs (effective melee attack with stealth flying but too costly for how fast the get killed - should had been 4 defense IMO standard despite being designed to be used with Empress)

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.

Last edited by Hero Hot Hatch; July 29th, 2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old July 29th, 2009, 08:04 PM

kpotassiumk19 is surprisingly tart

I have had very good luck with protectors, Atlaga, and Raelin. I still don't think they are the best, but their combined arbalest helps them greatly against squad killers, ecspecially Zelrig and Braxas because of their low defense.

I would have to say minions are the best. It is a close one but the Minions win over the sentinels because of this deciding factor: their ability cannot be bypassed. A lot of figures can bypass the Shields of Valor (Ullar Rifle, Poison Acid Breath), but nothing can bypass Deadly Strike. Sure those moves affect the minions as well, but it hurts the senitels more because it stops their best ability; SoV. Also, Z-Bomb affects the Senitels more then the Minions. SoV is also pretty much overkill and 6 defense is nothing to laugh at.

"The greatest advice ever given to me was don't be an idiot. Before I do anything, I always think, would an idiot do this? If they would, I don't do it."

~Dwight, The Office
Old July 29th, 2009, 09:59 PM

holylink718 knows what's in an order marker holylink718 knows what's in an order marker

Believe it or not, I'd have to say EI hands down. In the many games I've drafted 2 or 3 squads of them, they've only failed me a few times.

After that, I'd have to say Minions take the cake. I had my butt handed to me at the hands of 2xMinions today (and my cousin went against my recomendation of drafting the 3rd one...I'm glad in a way). My Indians just couldn't repel flavor of that magnitude...(cookie if you know what that's from).

I don't much care for the Sentinels, but maybe I've just not had good luck with them.

And unfortunately, I still haven't played the protectors. They are the only ones I still need to try out from wave 9, but I'm getting there. Hopefully tomorrow.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Good trades with: lharles

Holylink718's Repaints
Old July 30th, 2009, 12:45 AM

pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker

Has anyone ever tried the EI at 110 points with Kiova and Raelin? I haven't, but it seems like it would lethal.
EI x 3
Raelin
Kiova
500pts

+ KMA
600pts
Old July 30th, 2009, 01:07 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

For storming a castle, I found the EI, backed by, were the best, since they can most effectively clear landing space with their double attack. In general, I would say Minions, because I did very well with them in some games, and lost very soundly to them in others.

Old July 30th, 2009, 01:31 AM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker

Know one pays any attention to me.
Old July 30th, 2009, 01:47 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dart48 View Post
What sort of attention are you looking for?

Old July 30th, 2009, 01:56 AM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dart48 View Post
What sort of attention are you looking for?
That was his first and only post in this thread. What kind of attention do you think he wants?

Appropriate here?

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units