Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Notices

Old March 25th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Now what happens if you use my custom Glyph of Loki?

Receive an extra X order marker decoy purposes.

Old March 26th, 2008, 09:38 AM

Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby!
Great article, Jexik. Thanks for doing it.

Oh, I just noticed the post date. And I had already read it! Great re-read, though. Especially since we are gearing up for another tournament here.
Old April 18th, 2008, 04:35 PM

Garet Jaxx is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Dude, where's your X? (Order Markers part II)

I like this. I realized a while ago to not put your x and 3 on the same card, but the rest was pretty new. Another hint, don't put your order markers down in order. I personally suffle them in my hand like dice, and put them down in the order I get them.
I HATE CHEERLEADERS! Raelin makes me angry, except when I use her. She just hides in the back and I can never quite reach her. Syvaris is my go to for her. Or deadeye dan. Just keep him back and shoot her. Your opponent might even come out of the aura to attack him. People always target my swogs, so I use my arrow gruts to engage and distract them, brew ha ha.
My friend is a serious shark user. Usually, I just orc swarm him and he gets frustrated because I beef them up to attacks of 4+ and defense of 5+. Another thing I do is syvarris hit and run.
I like the work you did here, good job Jexik.

Garet Jaxx's Home, the official Heroscape Storage Site.
Old February 5th, 2016, 02:38 PM

ekoxe1 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
3. Try to place your X marker on the same card as your 1 or 2, but not your 3.

Explanation: If you place your X on the same spot as your 3, your opponent will always know where your third turn is going to be; you should at least try to make him guess. If you place your X on the same card as your 1 and/or 2, that squad or hero has already aroused your opponent’s attention. He’ll likely try to kill them, which will open up a chance for a fresh attack from another squad or hero.
true but on the other hand, any opponent is going to then assume the double marker is 2,X by the same logic (if youve revealed 1) and if they have initiative will probably try to attack that unit. So 3,X could be a bluffing move maybe?

The only true stealth way is to have 1,2,3,X on different units since even 1,X will leave your 3rd OM revealed at the end (and maybe your 2nd if you get unlucky and lose the 3rd before)
Old February 5th, 2016, 11:45 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Well, that can work, but then, after you've revealed your 1, then your opponent knows that the activated unit is done for the round. That can be a significant advantage you're giving away.

It's army-dependent, but separating your 3 and your X is *normally* a good idea.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 6th, 2016, 03:27 AM
...lest we all lose that 3rd turn mystery

The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm right here! since you asked, I browse the forum occasionally, but I've not felt compelled to post much.

Oh, you mean the X marker in the game. Alright, I'll just go over there, then...

Anywho, this thread was one of the most influential posts on the forum for me. I tend to put my X on a card that will grab the opponents attention. It is good practice to mix up your order markers when you put them down, as Garet Jaxx stated. Sometimes I mouth off the wrong number as I put them down too, just to make the guesses even harder.

Be polite: Don't put politics or religion in your signature!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles