Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old September 1st, 2011, 06:33 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Capt. John Varan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
If a one life figure adjacent to Varan gets 2 or more unblocked attacks and you use purple heart, does Capt. Varan take only one wound (what the figure would get) or more than one (what the figure deserves)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
...If it's multiple wound effects, you have to resolve them separately. The first time the adjacent figure gets one unblocked wound, you can activate Purple Heart and have Varan take the wound. At that point, the adjacent figure is unwounded. Next time said figure takes an unblockable wound, do it all over again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
...Varan takes every unblocked wound.
First off, thanks for answering my questions. However, I am still a little confused on the above so let me ask more specifically.

If an unwounded Capt. Varan is adjacent to a Jandar squad member or hero with one life left, and a ranged opponent attacks that figure and rolls two more skulls than shields by the defending one-life figure, and Capt. Varnan uses Purple Heart, does he get one or two wounds?
Old September 1st, 2011, 06:38 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
If a one life figure adjacent to Varan gets 2 or more unblocked attacks and you use purple heart, does Capt. Varan take only one wound (what the figure would get) or more than one (what the figure deserves)?
Quote:
...If it's multiple wound effects, you have to resolve them separately. The first time the adjacent figure gets one unblocked wound, you can activate Purple Heart and have Varan take the wound. At that point, the adjacent figure is unwounded. Next time said figure takes an unblockable wound, do it all over again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
...Varan takes every unblocked wound.
First off, thanks for answering my questions. However, I am still a little confused on the above so let me ask more specifically.

If an unwounded Capt. Varan is adjacent to a Jandar squad member or hero with one life left, and a ranged opponent attacks that figure and rolls two more skulls than shields by the defending one-life figure, and Capt. Varnan uses Purple Heart, does he get one or two wounds?
Varan takes two wounds in that scenario.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old September 1st, 2011, 06:43 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Like ZB says, 2 wounds. All the wound markers go to Varan. Now, in the normal course of play, when you do two wounds to a squad figure, you don't bother to place those two wound markers on the squad members card--heck, you don't even bother to place one wound marker on the card; you just remove the squaddie. But, technically, you did two wounds and the card should technically receive two wound markers. The fact that it's more wounds than are necessary to kill the figure doesn't mean the wound markers cease to exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 1st, 2011, 06:44 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I am quite proud how this guy turned out. There was definitely a bit of the old C3G emphasis on the Hero aspect here, and I am glad that still works for the community.
Old September 1st, 2011, 06:45 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Like ZB says, 2 wounds. All the wound markers go to Varan. Now, in the normal course of play, when you do two wounds to a squad figure, you don't bother to place those two wound markers on the squad members card--heck, you don't even bother to place one wound marker on the card; you just remove the squaddie. But, technically, you did two wounds and the card should technically receive two wound markers. The fact that it's more wounds than are necessary to kill the figure doesn't mean the wound markers cease to exist.
Thanks. Yea, I guess I should have thought of that as I kinda figured that was how the game worked, but it just doesn't ever matter outside of this power. Do you think that question (or any of my others) is worthy of a FAQ in the OP, as I am sure it will come up almost every game.
Old September 1st, 2011, 06:52 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Do you think that question (or any of my others) is worthy of a FAQ in the OP, as I am sure it will come up almost every game.
Probably. I guess Filthy would need to add it.

Quote:
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 1st, 2011, 07:07 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Do you think that question (or any of my others) is worthy of a FAQ in the OP, as I am sure it will come up almost every game.
Actually any SoV/C3V Moderator or Admin can edit a post in the C3V area

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old September 1st, 2011, 08:35 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Actually any SoV/C3V Moderator or Admin can edit a post in the C3V area
Well, obviously I could. But I don't want to be intrusive. I figured I'd let Filthy take the wheel on this one.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 1st, 2011, 08:50 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

Well, obviously I could. But I don't want to be intrusive. I figured I'd let Filthy take the wheel on this one.
I don't mind driving. Added.

Quote:
Q: If an unwounded Capt. Varan is adjacent to a Jandar squad member or hero with one life left, and a ranged opponent attacks that figure and rolls two more skulls than shields by the defending one-life figure, and Capt. Varnan uses Purple Heart, does he get one or two wounds?
A: Capt. Varan takes 2 wounds. The adjacent figure never receives any wounds. "All" the wound markers go to Varan, like the card says.
Old September 2nd, 2011, 11:30 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Definitely a unit worthy of his namesake.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 2nd, 2011, 11:36 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
Quote:

I don't mind driving. Added.

Quote:
Q: If an unwounded Capt. Varan is adjacent to a Jandar squad member or hero with one life left, and a ranged opponent attacks that figure and rolls two more skulls than shields by the defending one-life figure, and Capt. Varnan uses Purple Heart, does he get one or two wounds?
A: Capt. Varan takes 2 wounds. The adjacent figure never receives any wounds. "All" the wound markers go to Varan, like the card says.
Fix this.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old September 3rd, 2011, 08:34 AM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Seems like this guy is best used with the AE for his Purple Heart ability. They've got long range to stay in one place, and low defense to benefit from Purple Heart.

With his special attack, you could potentially keep disengaging in order to get more wounds/attacks. Sounds like fun.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs