Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old August 3rd, 2013, 07:01 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Varkaanan Darkclaws

The Book of Varkaanan Darkclaws

C3V Wave 4 - Aquilla's Answer - Spears and Claws

Printer-Friendly PDF
Basic Side & Alternative Card:
Spoiler Alert!

The figure used for this unit are Confrontation figures from the Wolfen of Yllia set. They are available in the Wolfen of Yllia Bloodthirsty Predators Unit Box (3 figures) or the Wolfen Army Box Set (3 figures). The name of the figure is Wolfen Bloodthirsty Predators.

Character Bio: The Varkaanan Darkclaws train in complete darkness; thus, their mastery over shadows gives them the edge in dark places. Any warrior knows how to cloak themselves in shadow, but the Darkclaws can use it to make themselves nigh invulnerable.

The Darkclaws fight fiercely - not with one blade, but two, enabling them to defeat twice the number of enemies. While superior numbers can overwhelm the rest of the Varkaanans, the Darkclaws simply fight on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special powers
WOLF PACK
After revealing an Order Marker on the Varkaanan Darkclaws' card, before taking that turn with the Darkclaws, you may choose one other Unique Wolf Army Card you control and take a turn with it. You may not attack with more figures from the chosen Army Card than the number of destroyed Varkaanan Darkclaws on this card.

DUAL STRIKE
When a Varkaanan Darkclaw attacks, he may attack one additional time. A Varkaanan Darkclaw cannot attack the same figure more than once per turn.

SHADOW MASTERS
A Varkaanan Darkclaw rolls 1 additional defense die while on a shadow space and 1 additional attack die when attacking a figure that is not a destructible object on at least one shadow space.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • WOLF PACK : How many attacks ?
    Q. :
    When using the Varkaanan Darkclaws' Wolf Pack to take a turn with another Unique Wolf Squad, if a Darkclaw is destroyed during that other squad's turn (for example, by Dying Swipe), am I then able to attack with an additional member of the other Unique Wolf Squad?
    A. : Yes. You may attack with a number of figures equal to the number of destroyed Varkaanan Darkclaws, even if one or more (or even all) of those Darkclaws was destroyed during the other Unique Wolf Squad's turn. Contrariwise, if one or more Darkclaws are revived during the other Unique Wolf Squad's turn (e.g., by the Glyph of Sturla), that will decrease the number of remaining attacks you may make.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits OfferedSynergy Benefits Received
  • ARKTOS : HUNTER ATTACK ENHANCEMENT
    As Hunter figures, Varkaanan Darkclaws adjacent to Arktos may receive an additional attack die.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
- TBA

Power Ranking & Master Index
The big bruisers are deadly in cleanup for the Varks. B+

Unit Strategy Review- TBA

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.

Last edited by superfrog; September 17th, 2020 at 05:53 PM.
Old December 22nd, 2014, 10:09 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Varkaanan Darkclaws

Quote:
WOLF PACK
After revealing an Order Marker on the Varkaanan Quickblades' card, before taking that turn with the Quickblades, you may choose one other Unique Wolf Army Card you control and take a turn with it. You may not attack with more figures from the chosen Army Card than the number of destroyed Varkaanan Quickblades on this card.

I think this is straightforward, but in case I'm missing something:

If all of the Quickblades are dead before you reveal an OM on their card, then Wolf Pack doesn't activate, right? (Since you aren't able to take a turn with them.)

(I could have asked this in one of the other books, but the first post here looks so lonely all by itself....)

I don't always use custom units, but when I do I use Sherman Davies Marvel customs.
Old December 22nd, 2014, 10:13 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
Quote:
WOLF PACK
After revealing an Order Marker on the Varkaanan Quickblades' card, before taking that turn with the Quickblades, you may choose one other Unique Wolf Army Card you control and take a turn with it. You may not attack with more figures from the chosen Army Card than the number of destroyed Varkaanan Quickblades on this card.

I think this is straightforward, but in case I'm missing something:

If all of the Quickblades are dead before you reveal an OM on their card, then Wolf Pack doesn't activate, right?

(I could have asked this in one of the other books, but the first post here looks so lonely all by itself....)

Correct.
Old December 25th, 2014, 04:27 PM

Seb from space knows what's in an order marker Seb from space knows what's in an order marker Seb from space knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
WOLF PACK
Well, it's not the book of varkaanan quickblades, but it's the book of Varkaanan darkclaws...
Old February 6th, 2018, 01:48 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I played the Darkclaws (along with a bunch of other Varkaanans) yesterday and these guys got stuff done! Although I misread the card and gave them +1 Atk while they were in Shadows, it only happened like twice anyways so no big deal. Their Dual Chop is the real breadwinner for them, and that's what lets them take out squaddies very very quickly, since most squads can't take attacks of 4 for long. Can't wait to use these guys again soon!

The whole faction was well done though, since the ability to use Wolf Pack to get your whole army going on the first round is very powerful and really makes the whole wolf pack feel like it's going to rip your throat out. Awoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 7th, 2018, 01:42 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I played the Darkclaws (along with a bunch of other Varkaanans) yesterday and these guys got stuff done! Although I misread the card and gave them +1 Atk while they were in Shadows, it only happened like twice anyways so no big deal. Their Dual Chop is the real breadwinner for them, and that's what lets them take out squaddies very very quickly, since most squads can't take attacks of 4 for long. Can't wait to use these guys again soon!

The whole faction was well done though, since the ability to use Wolf Pack to get your whole army going on the first round is very powerful and really makes the whole wolf pack feel like it's going to rip your throat out. Awoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Ive seen these guys at tournaments and they do pretty well.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 8th, 2018, 12:42 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

@DanieLoche @superfrog
Please add Arktos' Hunter Attack Enhancement to the Darkclaws' list of synergies:

ARKTOS : HUNTER ATTACK ENHANCEMENT
As Hunter figures, Varkaanan Darkclaws adjacent to Arktos may receive an additional attack die.
Old August 20th, 2019, 07:25 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Cool characters! Any army ideas for them?
Old August 20th, 2019, 07:31 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
Any other Unique Varks.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 20th, 2019, 07:36 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
Any other Unique Varks.
Ha! I didn't realize they were a unique squad. That changes things. I was trying to figure out how many I should have in my army. Thanks!
Old August 21st, 2019, 05:27 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

It's weird that the silhouettes used for the targetable area aren't from the same image as the display image on the card. It looks like who ever took the main display image tried to position them similarly, but the angle is wrong.
Old August 21st, 2019, 05:35 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

We made two versions of these cards, one with a more painted version and one with a less painted version of these sculpts.

Precedent for different angles for the mini picture and the hit zone picture goes all the way back to Mimring, though, so

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs