Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old February 13th, 2019, 06:50 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Flash_19's Maps: New Map 1/9/19!

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski
[Typing this from a temp computer. Can't copy/paste pics.]

On 2/9, the NYCG4 put on a mini-tourney for Quizcode in anticipation of his imminent departure. [Not so imminent, as it turns out; he's staying an additional two months.] See Quizcode Tourney in the Gallery under kolakoski. Details to follow . . .

Highlights [or lowlights, depending upon your point of view] included:

chas' taking first place! He brought Quahon in one of his pods, and scored 840+ points in the first Round, and won draft initiative (giving Quahon to him) in every game.

Taeblewalker's Viper army rolled 8-9 Frenzies against me, and wiped me out in the first Round, in our encounter. [Sherman's Dreadguls didn't roll too badly for Berserker Charge against me either.]

In the final Round, Quizcode and I fought for 5th place. Finally, far too late, a bit of luck for me. My Viceron rolled 4 Skulls with his Bloodstorm twice in a row, obliterating Joris' army.

P.S.: Still waiting for any of the three Asterios figures I ordered to appear . . .

P.P.S: Just received notification that first one ordered is available to be picked up at P.O.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas
I was very proud just to host a six player timed four round mini-tournament, and spent most of Friday building the four boards. Kolakoski discovered the wonderful maps by Flash_19 here onsite, and I set up three two players and one three player, so that we could deal with any odd or even number of players without having to stop and build during the event. This proved to be worthwhile when Taeblewalker had to report in late, and we used one 3 Player and one 2 Player for Round One, later defaulting to the three 2 Player maps. The designer used a creative mix of glyphs, combining both types in very interesting ways.

One board used three Brandir's Chests (random trapped Treasure Glyphs), one two of them, a third two Power Glyphs and one BC, and the last two Glyphs of Brandir (random Power Glyphs). K. made up a glyph pool for the Power Glyphs which left out those he felt were unbalanced.

I played on each of the three 2 Player battlefields, but not the 3 Player. In the first three games I got to play both of my pods. In the championship round I still had my dragon, but not my other pod.

Chas Pods (250 Points Each)

Dragon's Nest
Quahon
Black Wrymlings x2

Acquilla's Aces
Kozil (new C3G Owlbear)
Fiorlag Spiders x3

(Note that the Spiders bond with either Predator, Quahon or Kozil).

My first match was against Quizcode, then Ishmel (who recently moved closer), Sherman Davies, and finally Ishmel again. Ishmel changed his teams out, so my second pod was one of his for the last game: Cyprien, Sonya, and (?)

I never got a tournament trophy in my entire long life until a few years ago at Islandscape, when I fairly won in succession a "Worst Luck" booby prize, 3rd Place, and a second "Worst Luck," which today stand proudly in my bedroom. So for my first ever First Place win, I may actually order myself a trophy!

Everyone in or near NYC should consider coming over to play with us, which we've been doing monthly for the past 11 years.

On Sat. March 16 Quizcode will host his own first game here! We'll be interested to see what he comes up with.

Only took a few pics.

The four maps. Unfortunately, I didn't play
any games on Venom, the map I practiced on at home.

Venom

Wo-Sa-Ga approaches.

The Armies:

chas: Quahon, Black Wyrmling x 2 & Kozil, Spiders x 3
Sherman: Sgt Drake (110), Eltahale & Iskra, Dreadguls x 3
Taeblewalker: Zogross Hardscale, Armoc Vipers x 2
& Venoc Warlord, Venoc Vipers x3, Isamu
Ishmel: Bramcephys, Marcu & Cyprien, Sonja, Chainfighter x 2
Quizcode: Wo-Sa-Ga, Nagrubs x 3, Chainfighter
& Ne-Gok-Sa, Brunak, Tarn Viking Warriors
kolakoski: Bahadur, Arthur of Sherwood, Darrak Ambershard
& Viceron, Prince al'Kahora, Siiv

Wo-Sa-Ga vs. Bramcephys

One round knockout for the Venoc Vipers.

The Scores:

chas: 2,610
Ishmel: 2,285
Taeblewalker: 2,221 (Missed first Round; gave him
his average points in lieu of first Round.)
Sherman: 2,110
kolakoski: 1,640
Quizcode: 1,485

Congratulations, chas!

How did this happen?

The maps looked and played great. Thanks to Flash_19 for the designs and chas for hosting us and building the maps for gameday.

Looking good in our living room.

I'll be packing up Venom (sans Glyphs) today for our granddaughter's birthday weekend. Creating a Heroic All Star Game for her and her cousins/friends.
Old February 13th, 2019, 11:06 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks @kolakoski for posting those pictures and battle reports! That was fun to look through. Way to have enough Ticalla Jungle sets to cover all those maps!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old February 15th, 2019, 06:13 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
@BiggaBullfrog (or anyone else that wants to chime in)

How are you feeling about these changes to Haukeland Marsh? You had shared some good criticisms that I felt merited a change after some consideration. This is what I'm working with right now.

I reworked the jungle placement so that it is no longer covering any level three (a wise bit of feedback for a tournament map I think) - I also slightly adjusted some of the height positioning.

I like the changes! The main concern I have now looking at it is that I feel like developing your army to the right will be better than developing to the left, since it has stronger high ground available with less move. That said, the passage to the right is narrower than the one to the left, so that may help to balance it out -- that's worked on other maps. So it's not something I'm 100% sure would be an issue, just something to keep an eye on.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old February 15th, 2019, 06:18 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
@BiggaBullfrog (or anyone else that wants to chime in)

How are you feeling about these changes to Haukeland Marsh? You had shared some good criticisms that I felt merited a change after some consideration. This is what I'm working with right now.

I reworked the jungle placement so that it is no longer covering any level three (a wise bit of feedback for a tournament map I think) - I also slightly adjusted some of the height positioning.

I like the changes! The main concern I have now looking at it is that I feel like developing your army to the right will be better than developing to the left, since it has stronger high ground available with less move. That said, the passage to the right is narrower than the one to the left, so that may help to balance it out -- that's worked on other maps. So it's not something I'm 100% sure would be an issue, just something to keep an eye on.
You still have better access to the glyph on the left and a shot at getting to the glyph on the middle road to the left as well. I think it looks pretty good.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 26th, 2019, 09:17 PM

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
You still have better access to the glyph on the left and a shot at getting to the glyph on the middle road to the left as well. I think it looks pretty good.
Thanks you guys for the thoughts on Haukeland Marsh.

"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old February 26th, 2019, 09:18 PM

I'm a believer that if you ask someone to do something challenging, you better be willing/able to do it yourself. In harmony with the currently running ARV contest, I decided to create this map.

Frenzied:
Requires 1x RotV, 1x SotM, 2x TJ, 1x FoA

Be sure to check out the current ARV contest here.

And feel free to leave any feedback as well!

Last edited by Flash_19; February 27th, 2019 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Fixed small issue
Old February 26th, 2019, 09:31 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

And this my friends is why he is an ARV judge...haha simply beautiful!

Everything you touch turns to gold...

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 26th, 2019, 10:13 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Its a perdy one for sure.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 27th, 2019, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
And this my friends is why he is an ARV judge...haha simply beautiful!

Everything you touch turns to gold...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Its a perdy one for sure.
Thanks so much guys. I'm happy with how it turned out!

EDIT: To anyone who might have downloaded it - I had to make a small tweak - so you'll want to redownload it.

Old March 5th, 2019, 10:42 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Flash_19's Maps: New Map 2/27/19!

Congrads on your map Ruins of Rennoc making Heroscape Codex Map Spotlight.

I will repost my comment here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya
Seems like a great map. Only dislike is the single height spot by start zone prevents double-spacers from getting highest spot outside of Lava field. I do like the fact that it is not a good Raelin perch due to LOS blockers, so maybe raise one or both of the road spaces behind it so that there is two or three raised spaces, but they are still behind fortress wall to block LOS and even clear sight for auras/special powers.

Otherwise do like mix of lava and LOS blockers that makes you choose strategically where to go.
Old March 5th, 2019, 01:07 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Played on this map last night. Really great map.

Quote:
I'm a believer that if you ask someone to do something challenging, you better be willing/able to do it yourself. In harmony with the currently running ARV contest, I decided to create this map.

Frenzied:
Requires 1x RotV, 1x SotM, 2x TJ, 1x FoA

Be sure to check out the current ARV contest here.

And feel free to leave any feedback as well!
Old March 5th, 2019, 08:26 PM

Re: Flash_19's Maps: New Map 2/27/19!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Congrads on your map Ruins of Rennoc making Heroscape Codex Map Spotlight.

I will repost my comment here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya
Seems like a great map. Only dislike is the single height spot by start zone prevents double-spacers from getting highest spot outside of Lava field. I do like the fact that it is not a good Raelin perch due to LOS blockers, so maybe raise one or both of the road spaces behind it so that there is two or three raised spaces, but they are still behind fortress wall to block LOS and even clear sight for auras/special powers.

Otherwise do like mix of lava and LOS blockers that makes you choose strategically where to go.
Thanks for pointing that out to me! I hadn't seen the article yet. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it too!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios