Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 17th, 2010, 05:14 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Greenscale Warriors Pre-Release Discussion

Well guys, we've done this for the last two releases to keep books clear but provide a spot for unit discussion without stuff getting lost in the preview discussion threads. So let's do it again!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old February 23rd, 2010, 12:11 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Greenscale Warriors Pre-Release Discussion

I'm curious: If the Hydra figure is a Lizard, would the GW be able to bond with it? I would think so, as Uncommons are treated as Uniques, but I want an official answer.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old February 23rd, 2010, 12:23 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Just a guess, but I suspect the the Hydra will not be listed as either a Dragon or as Lizardfolk, in which case they will not bond with him. They look like they should though, so maybe he'll be listed as Lizardfolk for his race. I'm pretty sure he won't be listed as a Dragon for his race. I guess we will find out on Wed.
Old February 23rd, 2010, 12:27 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Just a guess, but I suspect the the Hydra will not be listed as either a Dragon or as Lizardfolk, in which case they will not bond with him. They look like they should though, so maybe he'll be listed as Lizardfolk for his race. I'm pretty sure he won't be listed as a Dragon for his race. I guess we will find out on Wed.
All it needs to be is a Lizard, not a Lizardfolk. I think that, since the two units are about the same colors, that there will be bonding.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old February 23rd, 2010, 12:29 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Lizardfolk wouldn't make sense either, from a background perspective.

I'd put my money on "Hydra."

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old February 23rd, 2010, 12:37 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Hmmm. Not so sure about that. They are listed as Lizard Folk for their race, and the power says specifically that they can bond with a Lizardfolk (or Dragon) Unique Hero. So if we get a unit that has the race of just plain Lizard, I'm not sure if they would bond. What is Mittens race? If he is listed as a Lizard, that would be interesting.

Edit** No dice, Mittens is a Viper. That is what I thought, but had to look it up to be sure.

Last edited by Yodaking; February 23rd, 2010 at 12:47 AM.
Old February 23rd, 2010, 02:57 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The power says Lizardfolk Unique Hero. It could be a Lizardfolky Unique Hero and even that wouldn't do the trick - it has to be the exact thing identified in the bonding power. So no dice on them bonding with a straight up Lizard.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 23rd, 2010, 11:24 AM

Acinonyx has disabled reputation

I am really looking forward to these guys making Charos more playable. I really enjoy the counter attacking dragon, but it seems like squadscape has kept him in the drawer. 3 squads of lizards, and Charos leaves a nice round 100 points for agents or maybe Syvarris; although perhaps Saylind and the two ninja's would be a better way to go.
Old February 23rd, 2010, 12:16 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

I'm torn with these guys. While they provide bonding for my favorite I don't know if I like KoW better with him. I'm trying to decide which is better.

5x GW
Nilfheim
Isamu

or

3x KoW
Gilbert
Nilfheim

Either way, I think these guys will do a lot to bring Charos into armies rather than:
Charos
however many x 4th.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 05:09 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I think the 5xGW with Nilfheim is a fairly playable army. They are a great screen for him, and likely are going to b 3/4's. I can see this as a slow plodding army that sticks close to the Dragon. Because Nilfheim has good defense, he likely will last long.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old March 6th, 2010, 10:36 AM

Bolo knows what's in an order marker Bolo knows what's in an order marker

I proxied these guys recently and they did very well.

I ran with: The Grass is always Greener
3 X GSW 180
Charos 220
Kelda 80
Fen Hydra 120

Opponent ran:
KOW X 2 140
AotBF X 2 140
Realin 80
Migol 110
Krug 120
Marcu 20

This was a tough battle. I sent in the Hydra first (not bonding) to weaken his front line and get a shot at Realin. My hydra managed to take out Realin and a squad of Dwarves, but fell to the Kights. Next comes Charos and the GSW's, they do well until Krug comes in. Krug attacks Charos hoping to inflict some wounds on himself with Counterstrike and succedes. Now Krug has become the monster of destruction he was designed to be, with 4 wounds on him. After Charos has taken a beating from Krug (7 wounds) and the GSW,s have taken care of the Knights, I move in Kelda next to Charos and roll the D20, I get a 20 and have a fresh Charos. Krug continues to pound on Charos and both my attack and deffense dice are coming up blue on attack and red on deffense. Charos is down 7 wounds again while the GSW's take out the rest of the Dwarves and Migol. Time for Kelda to do her magic and she rolls a 20 again. At this point I am down to 2 GSW's, a fresh Charos and Kelda with 2 wounds. My opponent has Krug with 6 wounds and Marcu. My opponent goes with Krug first taking a leaving engagement strike to get position on Kelda, I roll a skull so Krug has 7 wounds. First attack kills Kelda. second attack puts 4 wounds on Charos. I attack Krug with 2 GSW's to no avail and Charos whiffs. Krug decides to take out both GSW's on his next turn. Charos whiffs again. Krug attacks Charos on his first attack and whiffs, Charos rolls 5 shields, Krug is down finally. Now all that is left is Charos with 4 wounds and Marcu. After 1 more rd Marcu falls and I am left with a lone dragon with 7 wounds.

The GSW's did a fine job of taking out the Dwarves and Knights, being boosted 2 spaces from Charos really helped them shine. This was a battle of giants that I won't so forget.

My friend is already talking rematch, but with his D20.

If a chicken and a 1/2, can lay an egg and a 1/2 in a day and a 1/2, how long would it take a grasshopper with one wooden leg to kick all the seeds out of a cucumber?
Old March 6th, 2010, 10:42 AM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
The Grass is always Greener
3 X GSW 180
Charos 220
Kelda 80
Fen Hydra 120
I really like the looks of this army. No range, yes, but great theme, and gets Kelda out of her packaging. Sounds like lots of fun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units