Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old August 3rd, 2010, 01:31 AM

DWK9000 is surprisingly tart
Fun ideas to use

Wandering Monsters, Roaming Critters

For each player in a game they choose an uncommon hero (any unit will work but uncommons are best) and place a random treasure glyph on its card face down. After each player sets up their army they place one of the uncommon heros on the board away from any starting zones. After turn order is decided by initiative roll a player takes his/her turn normally. When the current player finishes his/her turn the player on his/her left chooses 1 of the uncommon heros and takes a turn with it. Then the next player goes and so forth. Each uncommon hero must take a turn before any can be reused again. Monsters can never use the face down glyph on their card but can use glyphs or treasure glyphs currently in play or on the board. Monsters are never considered friendly to any player and are only considered friendly to other monsters. When a player using a monster kills an opponets figure they get the points for the kill sense they are controling the monster. Monsters can never attack each other unless the figures army card says otherwise (for example the ogre). Any player may attack and kill a monster. Wounds are applied as normal. When a player kills a monster they get the points for it and then take the treasure glyph off the card and place it powerside up onto the board on any space that the figure was on. The glyph may then be picked up by anyone and used.

Glyphs of brandar issues
Are you having problems using your glyphs of brandar for something and do you hate placing treasure glyphs on the board like they were regular glyphs well here is 1 solution I use them for.

When I play using glyphs we always choose 2 glyhs per player chosen at random from my nifty glyph bag (contains 1 of every normal glyph minus the glyph of brandar). Each player's 2 glyphs along with however many glyphs of brandar you want (usually 3 for my games) are then shuffled together and placed face down in a pile. Players take turns placing 1 glyph power side down on the board and not in any players starting zone untill the pile is used up. When a glyph of brandar is flipped over switch it out with a chest of brandar. The chest of brandar works as if it is an unflipped treasure glyph apply whatever traps for treasure glyphs you have for the treasure chest. For me its a simple hurt trap. On a d20 rol of 1-5 the hero using the treasure chest takes a wound. When a chest is used take 1 treasure glyph (chosen at random for my games) from available treasure glyphs. As an added rule Each player may only use each chest once.

I hope that these house rules are as fun for others as they are for me

Last edited by DWK9000; August 3rd, 2010 at 02:03 AM.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 01:35 AM

Grand Moff Venom Woo who?
Re: Fun ideas to use

It seems like a good idea but, I did not understand it in anywat what so ever. Try to be more specific.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 01:59 AM

DWK9000 is surprisingly tart
Re: Fun ideas to use

Now it should be more readable.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions