Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 9th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
The Book of Metallo

The Book of Metallo

C3G DC WAVE 10
TERRIFYING TEAM-UPS

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Brave and the Bold set.
Its model number and name are #033 / Metallo.

NOTE: Metallo requires 1x Glyph of Kryptonite: Green Kryptonite
Character Bio - When small time con-man John Corben was killed in an accidental car crash, Professor Emmet Vale happened to be at the scene and procured John's body. Professor Vale, who was an expert in robotics, transplanted Corben's brain into an Android body that Vale had created. This new mechanical body was powered by a two pound chunk of Kryptonite, which gave the android body life and brought John Corben back to life... in a way. Professor Vale instructed the newly created Metallo to destroy Superman, as Vale believed that Superman was the first of a wave of alien invaders that intended to rule Earth. However, Metallo turned on Vale and snapped his neck. He then joined the criminal underground and started pulling heists with criminals like Grodd, Joker, Parasite, and even taking jobs from Lex Luthor. Inevitably, Superman ended up squaring off with Metallo in spite of Professor Vale's instructions, and Metallo learned just how useful his Kryptonite Heart was against the Man of Steel. Even though his Kryptonite Heart is a powerful weapon, when it is exposed, it also leaves Metallo vulnerable and slightly weakened.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q - Is the Glyph of Kryptonite: Green Kryptonite still "equipped" to Metallo when it is face down? And when the glyph is face down, is the glyph still affecting the game?
    A - Yes of course. When an Equipment Glyph is on a figures card, it is always equipped. So He could not equip other glyphs while the Green Kryptonite is on his card. And no. According to official rules, glyphs are only active and their powers are only taking place when they are Power-Side up.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • As a figure with the Cybernetic Repair X special power, Metallo benefits from other figures with the same power revealing the 'X' Order Marker on their card. Current figures with Cybernetic Repair X special power.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: Griff
  • Second playtest: Good Pig
  • Third playtest: David HTML
  • Mini Photo by Spidey'tilIDie
  • Art by tcglkn (originally Good Pig)

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 09:44 PM. Reason: png
Old September 9th, 2011, 05:46 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Metallo - Designing

NAME = METALLO
SECRET IDENTITY = JOHN CORBEN

SPECIES = CYBORG
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = RELENTLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = 290

EXPOSED KRYPTONITE HEART
Start the game with the Glyph of Green Kryptonite on this card. Turn the glyph power-side down if there are fewer than 3 Wound Markers on this card. Turn the glyph power-side up and subtract 2 dice from Metallo's defense if there are 3 or more Wound Markers on this card. Metallo cannot lose this glyph by receiving wounds unless he is destroyed. If the glyph is not on this card, Metallo cannot use any special powers on this card.

CLAMP AND CLAW
Any time an opponent would begin the movement of a figure engaged with Metallo, you may first roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, the figure receives 1 wound and cannot move.

CYBERNETIC REPAIR X
At the end of the round, if you reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card, remove one Wound Marker from each Army Card you control with the Cybernetic Repair X special power.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by LordVenoc; March 31st, 2021 at 10:39 AM.
Old September 9th, 2011, 06:01 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Looks good, but the SA says Attack 4 but the text says to roll 3 dice.
Old September 9th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Cool stuff. A few notes:

1) I think Criminal is at least worth considering as a class. I really like the idea of he and business suit Lex having that synergy.

2) Is it 3 attack dice or 4? For not being able to use it more than once and for sacrificing defense afterwards for the rest of the game, I almost think it should be 5 ...

KRYPTONITE HEART SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 4.
Any figure adjacent to Metallo is affected by this special attack. Roll 3 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Kryptonian figures cannot roll any defense dice against this special attack. After attacking with this special attack, Metallo rolls 2 fewer defense dice for the remainder of the game. Metallo can only use this special attack once per game.

3) It's not 100% clear here - does he get to roll only if you start to leave an engagement with him or if you start to move in general? The triggers here seem to imply both and don't make it completely clear which is true. I'd assume from the text that it's the former (when leaving engagements only) but I think we've got to be able to make that clearer in the first part of the first sentence.

CLAMP AND CLAW
When an opponent's small or medium figure that is engaged with Metallo starts to move, instead of rolling a leaving engagement attack for Metallo, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, the figure receives 1 wound and cannot move.

Cool stuff overall! I like the take on Cyberclaw that is a bit more interesting and not as gamebreaking!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 9th, 2011, 06:04 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I think 4 for the SA is the limit, if Kryptonians aren't rolling defense dice. That's the intended target after all.
Old September 9th, 2011, 06:06 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I guess dropping to 5 defense isn't that bad ... Still, it's an average of 2 wounds on the Kryptonian as a reward.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 9th, 2011, 06:28 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Great design Griffin. Good feedback so far guys. I've thought about a class of 'Killer' for other figures as well and I wonder if it feels a little too dark. Granted we do have Assassin as a class, but the word killer just has a different feeling to it. I wouldn't mind seeing him as a Criminal as well.
Old September 9th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

CLAMP AND CLAW
When an opponent's small or medium figure that is engaged with Metallo starts to move, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, the figure receives 1 wound and cannot move. If Metallo rolls for Clamp and Claw, he may not roll a leaving engagement attack against that figure this turn.

Does that clarify what you wanted to know Bats? (If this is Griffin's intent.)
Old September 9th, 2011, 06:44 PM

Thanks guys. Keep the comments coming, and I will try to respond to it all later.
Old September 9th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Some pix. Sorry this is all I have.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...figures040.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...figures039.jpg

Design looks good. I don't know much about him other than the cartoons, so I'm not much help. Since I don't know him much, while I've seen him weaken Supes with his Kryptonite Heart, I didn't know it affects anyone. I thought Kryptonite was harmless except to Kryptonians?

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 10th, 2011, 12:09 AM

Well, I know Kryptonite is radioactive, but, yeah, you make a good point, Hahma ... I've seen Superman weakened by proximity to his heart, but does he really use his heart as an offensive weapon beyond that? Maybe Griff can explain the theme here to us.

Old September 10th, 2011, 02:21 AM

Just like with Lex's Kryptonite Blast Special Attack, the radiation of Kryptonite can be weaponized and used against anyone, only Kryptonians are extremely affected by it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library