Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old March 24th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Matt Helm's Commission a Custom (UPDATE) Nessie, my firs

With Garada tackling Nessie, I've decided to dive into the second paranormal custom for Hellboy's world. By combining the Dzu-Teh traits with those on the Horrorclix card itself, I hope I've captured a fun and unique common hero for the world of Hellboy-scape. By the way, I'm not sold on Gigantopethicus because it sounds too scientific. Like the Dzu-Teh, I was thinking with simply going "Sasquatch" on that line.

(I'm still not on Photoshop or GIMP yet, so bare with me on the format for now... and as always, let me know what you think).

SASQUATCH

GIGANTOPITHECUS
COMMON HERO
HUNTER
TRICKY
MEDIUM 6

LIFE: 5
MOVE: 5
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 4
DEFENSE: 2

NATURE'S CAMOUFLAGE
If a Sasquatch is adjacent to a tree or bush, opponents’ figures must be adjacent to that Sasquatch to attack it with a normal attack.

BIGFOOT THROTTLE 13
If a Sasquatch ends his movement adjacent to a tree or bush, instead of attacking you may choose any figure adjacent to that Sasquatch. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound.

TOUGH
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, a Sasquatch always adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

Last edited by Matt Helm; July 25th, 2010 at 06:04 PM. Reason: I changed the Defense to 2 to keep the cost manageable
Old March 25th, 2009, 03:23 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Matt Helm's Commission a Custom (UPDATE) Nessie, my firs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Whitestuff - Does GIMP allow me to make official Marvel looking cards in the fashion of Grey Owl? Or do I have to reinvent the wheel? I'll gladly try GIMP if it works well with amateurs.
If you are using GreyOwl's png files then it would look exactly the same. In fact here is a little tip - if you import all of the png's (borders, panels, fog [if you want fog that is]) into one file (so you can just turn layers on or off as you need), set up place holders in the text areas (right font, sizes etc) and save it as a template (in XFC format [or is it XCF] that you never save over the top of, it will save you a lot of time in the long run.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Old March 25th, 2009, 06:09 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Nessie!

What's that swimming in the water? Is it a log? An optical illusion? No! It's the Loch Ness Monster, ol' Nessie!

For HellboyScape:

And a weird sorta Classic/Marvel hybrid [because I didn't have an Aquilla card], but it looks close enough at a glance. I kept her occupation as her originally written 'Beast' to preserve a bit more Classic feel. Yeah, I know there's no superstrength in Classic, but Nessie probably is super strong! I can change it though:

I'm going to give Sasquatch a try tonight... wow, Hellboy for Heroscape is growing and growing. I'm also planning to do a Golden Army common hero using some MageKnight Golems [can't think of the exact name right now, but they look a lot like the Golden Army from Hellboy II] and maybe a Unique Elf to go along with them. If you saw the film you know what I mean!

- Garada
Old March 25th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Matt Helm's Commission a Custom (3/24) Nessie & Sasquatc

WOW - I wish this darn system allowed me to give you more rep Garada. I guess I have to get around the site a bit more and recognize some other great posts before I come back to you.

Awesome job, I love our Nessie (I like the Hellboy version a tad better but my son likes the classic one).

I've been thinking and we probably should change Snack Bite to "Each time Nessie destroys a small or medium figure..." It gives me the visual of Nessie grabbing the entire figure in her mouth and chowing it down. With Huge figures, she probably would be more concerned with the kill itself and not taking time to stop for food.

Feel free to make the change... and thanks for the credit on the card, my "name" in lights.
Old March 25th, 2009, 09:20 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Per Necro's suggestion in my thread, I'm changing the wording on Snack Bite. I also like the visual of her gulping down a figure. Yowmp!

And hey, you wrote her, so it's only right that you'd get credit for it! Basically, if someone stumbles upon it out of context, they should know who made it.

By the way, BIG shout out to GreyOwl for all his awesome hard work making the card graphics. The custom community here wouldn't be the same without his contributions.
Old March 26th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Captain Underpants

Nessie's getting an update and Sasquatch will soon be making his debut. This Hellboy set is coming along. My next attempt is a bit more obscure and may need a lot more feedback before it makes its way into Garada's collection, but here it goes.

Nesie and Sasquatch were Horrorclix, this Thorn Crawler is a Mage Knight piece (I'm not sure about the height because I haven't gotten one yet). I tried to do a little research on the Mage Knight piece special abilities and incorporated that into Hellboy-scape.

REL-WARC-THORN

DEMON
UNIQUE HERO
DEVOURER
TERRIFYING
LARGE 7

LIFE: 6
MOVE: 6
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 2
DEFENSE: 4

WOUNDED SMASH
When Rel-Warc-Thorn attacks, he receives one extra attack die for each wound marker he has.

RAGE REACH 2
When Rel-Warc-Thorn attacks, he may add 1 to range for each Wound Marker he has, up to a maximum of 2 extra spaces.

BARBED ENGAGEMENT
Unfriendly figures must roll 2 attack dice when leaving an engagement with Rel-Warc-Thorn.

CARRION DISTASTE
If a friendly figure is destroyed while adjacent to Rel-Warc-Thorn, Rel-Warc-Thorn must immediately move to an empty space, 2 spaces away from the destroyed figure. When Rel-Warc-Thorn moves due to Carrion Distaste, if he is engaged he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

**UPDATE/EDIT - As Garada pointed out, a common hero must have a Life of 1 for playability. If that were the case, the Wounded Smash and Rage Reach obviously wouldn't have worked. Therefore, I went with a Unique Hero take and gave my demon a name. I also patterned updated wording Wounded Smash after Krug rather than the original modified Hulk's Rage Smash. I hope this makes it better.

Last edited by Matt Helm; July 25th, 2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old March 26th, 2009, 05:02 PM
C3G Hero

Sasquatch! [and Nessie fixed]

Wowee Zowee, it's a Sasquatch!

Something I realized as I was making the card last night was that he's a Common Hero but his life was 5. Unfortunately, Common Heros can only have 1 life [or else keeping track of multiple commons life would be a nightmare]. So I gave him 1 life and lowered his cost to 45 to compensate.

HOWEVER... I also made a variant card, a Unique Sasquatch called... BIGFOOT!

He retains the 5 life, and I went ahead and gave him the 3 defense you originally had listed. I also made his Throttle a tiny bit easier to pull off. All of this just to show that you don't mess with the leader of the Sasquatch! Actually, one idea I had was to print out both versions and glue them back to back... that way if you only have 1 sasq, it can be Bigfoot, otherwise, if you have multiples, flip the card over and BAM!

BTW, I also fixed Nessie's Snack Bite per Necro's suggestion. I like it a lot!
Old March 26th, 2009, 05:03 PM
C3G Hero

Also, I'd love to do the Thorn Crawler! I may not have time tonight, but I'll try!

- G
Old March 26th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Captain Underpants

Awesome on all fronts. I love the Bigfoot distinction. I knew you were the right man for the job.

By the way, if you're interested, I found this .jpg of the Aquilla card.

http://www.heroscapers.com/oldgaller...cs/aquilla.jpg

I don't know if it will work with your program of choice but hopefully it helps.

... and I'm guessing by the punctuation used in your agreement to take on the next one, you like the Thorn Crawler as a Hellboy card.
Old March 26th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Captain Underpants

I updated the Thorn Crawler above to make him a Unique Hero.

Hey Garada, do you think we need to change "bush" on Sasquatch/Bigfoot to "brush" to fit with the official terrain released thus far? I kind of wanted to incorporate all possible plant life as a hiding place and point of sneak attack for our mysterious monster and therefore went with the general term "bush". It leaves it open for those custom terrain creators who make their own bushes. But now I'm afraid that it might leave debate over "brush". Am I over thinking this? Does it need to be "tree, bush, or brush"?

Let me know your thoughts.

Last edited by Matt Helm; March 27th, 2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old March 27th, 2009, 05:57 PM
C3G Hero

Rel-warc-thorn

I found some time last night to slap Thorn Crawler, Aka REL-WARC-THORN together. Good job I got your email before I went to lunch!

I must say, he is your 'Most Awesomest' write-up yet. Smash & Reach are a great combo. I realized when I saw the 6 life and realized that the 2 best powers required him to be able to take wounds that he HAD to be a Unique Hero.

The funny thing is, when I noticed that he would have to be a Unique Hero, I made a note that you'd have to create a more unique name, something more Lovecraftian. Rel-Warc-Thorn is perfectly evil-sounding.

Keeping him a Unique Hero is a great idea anyway. For one, I only have to buy a single mini [my wallet thanks you], plus a nice mid-priced Demon will come in handy for Hellboy games, especially if anyone is doing a campaign-style game... Rel-Warc-Thorn would make a great 'mini-boss'. Not only that, but in mixed games, my Klarion custom has a 50% d-20 chance of getting to take a turn with any Demon before his turn. Cool!

I cleaned the wording on Barbed Engagement up to match the wording of A Coward's Reward... it's the same power! Carrion Distaste is awesome, I love characters with disadvantages and this is a cool one. By forcibly disengaging and risking wounds, you are also gaining the possibility of boosting your Smash and Range. So sweeet!

Oh, one last thing I did, when I was 'de-pluralizing' the wording in the power, was called it an 'it' instead of 'him'. I kinda like it being a horrifying, genderless demonic terror.

Also, Rel-Warc-Thorn looks a bit like my Giant Centipede [another great HorrorClix figure] looks like its little brother.

I'll probably clean up the art a bit with the first round of revisions.

Last edited by Garada; March 27th, 2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old March 27th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Captain Underpants

This is getting good. If we weren't in different time zones, the edits could even be faster.

By the way, did you look at my other potential edits listed above? I cleaned up some wording. "Normal Attack" was not needed as it only has one type of attack, therefore a senseless distinction. I also would like to go with Wounded Smash (from Krug) rather than the Hulk's "Rage". It looks better, it's shorter, and it only adds one more attack die capability.

I love your change to Barbed Engagement and the choice to go with "it" rather than "he".

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations