Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old September 6th, 2020, 10:49 PM

YoYoCheese is surprisingly tart
Re: Rest in Peace Revdyer

RIP
He was a pillar of the community and will be sorely missed.
Old September 7th, 2020, 10:27 PM

jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker

RIP, Revdyer.
I never met him personally but through interactions and his many, many contributions on this site, he seemed like a great man.

Last edited by jedilou; September 8th, 2020 at 09:11 AM.
Old September 12th, 2020, 12:44 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

An absolute legend who will be remembered by this community. RIP sir.
Old September 18th, 2020, 02:39 AM

Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm saddened. I didn't know him other than through this site, but the Rev was highly thoughtful and wise, and I always enjoyed his posts like the one from his signature (Rev Rep) on how to earn the community's (and his) respect.

Take a look at my custom
Take a look at my map
Some thoughts on Drafting Treasure Glyphs
Old September 18th, 2020, 07:23 PM
The Chronicler

Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Extremely sad to hear this. One of the greatest ambassadors of this site and the game. Rest In Peace Rev.

6 RoTV, 3 SotM, 3 RttFF, 3 FotA, 3 VW, 3 TT, 3 TJ.
At least 3 of every common, 1 of every unique.

Aeston's Maps
Before Heroscape: The History that Lead to our Game
Old September 24th, 2020, 01:05 AM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

We weren't in the same part of the county, so I never played a game of 'scape with him. Nevertheless, his comments and posts always gave my the impression that he was not only a fun gamer/strategist, but he was also wise, considerate, balanced in reason, and genuine in his opinions.

Rest In Peace Revdyer.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old September 24th, 2020, 06:22 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

I think I met Rev my first year at GenCon in 2007, if not then 2008. I was 12/13 at the time and he was a very welcoming dude, not just for me but for literally everyone. Not only was he friendly and just loved to play the game, but also a solid player. He was casual enough to welcome in new players and competitive enough to keep it real and give the players something to shoot for, and I think that’s really important to have in a community, it’s good for everyone. And I think that’s who he was, someone who really cared about the health of the community. A good reason the community was and is as healthy as it is was thanks to Rev.

I never got to play him but I’ll always remember the Sentinel-4th Mass build was his signature build, something that I still think is strong. Next time I play the 4th Mass, I’ll add some Sentinels for Rev.

My dad and I wish him a peaceful rest.
Old October 15th, 2020, 06:01 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Oh no. I just got the sad news.

May the soil rest lightly upon you, Rev, and yield up forget-me-nots.
Old October 26th, 2020, 11:22 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I may have never been all that active on the site (especially when he was), but I always knew that anytime I saw his name, I could always expect quality words spoken with kindness.

Thank you for all your work, Rev.

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.

Last edited by Dysole; November 2nd, 2020 at 03:29 AM.
Old December 10th, 2020, 08:48 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I have recently learned of Rev's passing. Very sad.

He looked like my dad, but seemed to be a much better version. A truly kind man.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 11th, 2020, 03:27 PM
Forum Moderator

ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby!

This was not at all what I expected to read first thing back. It's been said over and over, but Rev was such a good guy, and so important to this community. I remember being a punk teenager and him taking the time to have discussions about religion with me, and being able to chuckle at the funny gifs we made out of his avatar once or twice. I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person, but I could never say enough nice things about RevDyer.

RIP to an absolute legend.

Guess who's back, back again? Chilli's back. Tell Skahen.
Old December 26th, 2020, 06:33 PM

stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Damn...

Covid kept me from traveling home for Christmas for our annual family 'Scape session. Since I couldn't make it, all my nephews & nieces sent me a bunch of photos of the fun I missed this week.

Feeling nostalgic, I logged in here for the first time in months to see this sad news.

Rev was such an awesome guy. Just a comforting presence anywhere he went. He was also a walking encyclopedia of the American Civil War. He posted once about loving a Marx Battle of the Blue and the Gray playset he had when he was a kid, so I tracked down a bunch of the figures and gave them to him at gencon one year. I like to think it was a little reminder that people were listening to him and that he was a significant influence here on the site.

I remember how he mocked me for "cherry-picking" through my kids/nephews heroscape figures for perfect paint jobs.

I remember lots of good advice to a lot of people he only knew online and hope his legacy of kindness and wisdom continues.

I'd love to log on in a few months and find someone quoting one of his posts from 10 years ago. I'm sure his words would ring just as true as they did back then.

He was a great guy who made the world a little nicer, and I wish there were more just like him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News