Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old October 24th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Summoner Wars by Plaid Hat Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcelfarmyone View Post
So a question popped up today: I was playing the Benders and my dad was playing the Sand Goblins. At the end of the game it's summoner vs. summoner. Can Tuculu use his ability to discard Krusk for free? Are summoners counted as 0 cost units? Thanks!
No. Summoners are not affected by that ability. Also, they don't have a cost, but they are not 0.
Old October 24th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Ok thanks! I guess I lost.
Old October 24th, 2012, 09:05 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcelfarmyone View Post
So a question popped up today: I was playing the Benders and my dad was playing the Sand Goblins. At the end of the game it's summoner vs. summoner. Can Tuculu use his ability to discard Krusk for free? Are summoners counted as 0 cost units? Thanks!
In my opinion, Summoners do not have a summon cost, therefore Tacullu's ability could not work on a summoner.

EDIT: Megasilver beat me to it...

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old October 24th, 2012, 09:30 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah, those guys have it right. The rules are simply that summoners don't have a summon cost.

From a game balance perspective, Counter Summon cannot work on summoners, it would be far far too powerful if that was the case.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old October 25th, 2012, 09:00 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

And trust me - Tacullu does not need ANY more help. The Benders are already sick.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old October 25th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

I joined the forums! I am still orcelfarmyone there, and just posted a new thread on Deep Dwarves help in the strategy section.
Old February 4th, 2013, 07:16 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

The second summoners have been posted!

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/news/194
Old February 4th, 2013, 08:03 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I've been following the news; I'm excited!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old March 2nd, 2013, 06:49 AM

Bonesaw knows what's in an order marker Bonesaw knows what's in an order marker

I bought the master set a few months back- the one with the thick, nice board. Going to play our first game within a week or two here...

I saw a thread on BGG where someone rated all the factions in various categories. I was slightly disapointed to see that the factions aren't as balanced as I had hoped.

Oh well...
Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:03 AM
Joseph King, Retired

Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
And trust me - Tacullu does not need ANY more help. The Benders are already sick.
Please no more help for tacullu! Monsterous counter summoning gun stunnung and force pushing evil!!!

Jokes Everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
theats, allow me to introduce you to Rexmax2 he's our personal Heroscaper entertainer .
Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:23 AM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonesaw View Post
I bought the master set a few months back- the one with the thick, nice board. Going to play our first game within a week or two here...

I saw a thread on BGG where someone rated all the factions in various categories. I was slightly disapointed to see that the factions aren't as balanced as I had hoped.

Oh well...
The factions are quite balanced overall.

With 16 factions though, there are some matchups that are harder for once side or the other. Some factions are easier to play at a higher level, and so they are perceived to be better, even though many factions can beat them consistently, but it just take a bit more skill.

The win ratio for all the factions in real life games seems to be somewhere around 55-45%, based on self reporting on a google docs spreadsheet that takes player input from any who enter it in. The iOS faction stats are very similar to it.

Overall, the factions are pretty equal.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old March 2nd, 2013, 12:36 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Not sure if you've played a whole lot of competitive scape, but the tiers in Summoner Wars are divided the way they are in order to have a division somewhere.

I'd say that Tier 1 in SW is more like the A grouping in Scape. Tier 2 is A- or B+. Tier 3 is B or B+. The only way to get lower than that is to actively make your deck bad, which is hard to do because the deck construction is much more constrained than in HS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games