Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old March 17th, 2008, 08:23 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker
When Marvel:TRA comes out, Would you play Marvel-Only?

Hey everyone,
Sorry if this is in the wrong section or if someone else did this already, but I couldn't find it anywhere else. But anyway, I'm just wondering how many people would be interested in playing Marvel-only games once The Renforcements Arrive set is released?
If not, why?

I know I would just because I'm a big...well, good-sized fan of Marvel (Go Spidey!!!! You da' man!), and I just think it would be really fun. In fact, MarvelScape got me into the addiction.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old March 17th, 2008, 09:08 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!
I really enjoy mixing the marvel and classic stuff. With only 10 characters, if you play alot of marvel only games it could get old quick. However once the reinforcements come out it should make marvel only games alot better. Although the punisher and bullseye could be great for crossover.
And Spidey as definately the man, I can't tell you how many times I have irritated my opponents like crazy while spider sense constantly kept him out of harms way. So much fun

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old March 17th, 2008, 09:29 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox
I really enjoy mixing the marvel and classic stuff. With only 10 characters, if you play alot of marvel only games it could get old quick. However once the reinforcements come out it should make marvel only games alot better. Although the punisher and bullseye could be great for crossover.
And Spidey as definately the man, I can't tell you how many times I have irritated my opponents like crazy while spider sense constantly kept him out of harms way. So much fun
I also enjoy mixing Marvel and Classic, I'd just also enjoy Marvel only once TRE comes out.

Although, I was referring to spider-man being the man in general, not necissarily in HS, although, he's pretty awsome in that, too .

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old March 17th, 2008, 10:39 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
I know I can't wait for RA. Playing with the same 10 Supers every time is very boring. As soon as RA...arrives, I'll be playing a lot more Marvel, and not just mixed.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 17th, 2008, 11:21 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I think playing a Marvel-only game is barely possible now, and I don't think the game will have a really exciting variety until we've got at least 25-30 units out there. So maybe after Wave Two I'll play some more Marvel-only games. In order for that to be really viable though they need a nice variety of point ranges...perhaps some more units in the 100-200 range, and a few between Doom and Abomination.
Old March 18th, 2008, 12:00 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Not to mention at least one more 5!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 18th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
When the new guys get here, I expect to build a little urban map and play some Marvel-only, but my group will probably go back to all mixed games before very long. I'm really not satisfied any longer without having both to choose from. Marvel has the big honking ranged heroes that classic skimps on, and classic has the squads.
Old March 18th, 2008, 12:49 AM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Not to mention at least one more 5!
Very true...picking Doctor Doom right now is always going to leave you with an awkward point build in a Marvel-only game.
Old March 18th, 2008, 01:14 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Last I heard on the ask WotC thread they were still questioning whether the Marvel expansion would even be released because it wasn't cost effective. If it does ever get to my hands I'll play with them but I'll still use normal 'scape stuff plenty.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old March 18th, 2008, 03:05 AM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
I think I'd be more inclined to play Marvel-Only if there were Squads included. As it is now, it's all Heroes which is fun but too simplistic for my tastes - the squads add a lot of depth. Hopefully they decide to release Wave 1 and it sells well enough to allow for future sets which include Squads.
Old March 18th, 2008, 01:00 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver Surfer
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox
I also enjoy mixing Marvel and Classic, I'd just also enjoy Marvel only once TRE comes out.

Although, I was referring to spider-man being the man in general, not necissarily in HS, although, he's pretty awsome in that, too .
As you can probably tell by my av and name I have a little affection for a certain wall crawler outside of the game as well

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old March 18th, 2008, 01:32 PM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation
I was/am one of the anti-Marvel people, but the more I hear about it (and as the days pass before wave , and the cheaper it gets, the more likely I am becoming to break down and buy it. I like the characters, and if I do buy it, I'll be likely to play it by itself and in certain mixed scenarios- only ones that have a "Marvel-ish" feel. I don't like the Marvel characters infringing on the Heroscape world, but I wouldn't mind some cowboys/military/robots/zombies coming over to the Marvel world.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion