Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 7th, 2021, 10:39 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Statesman (public playtest)

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM
NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: STATESMAN
VERSION TESTED
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Sewer Labyrinth
Units: Wonder Woman (JL) (310), Green Arrow (JL) (210), Statesman (350), Manticore (130) (1,000) vs Fantastic Four (1,000)
Spoiler Alert!

Units: Statesman (350), Manticore (130), Positron (220), Black Canary (JL) (220), Green Lantern (John Stewart) (JL) (280) (1,200) vs Valkyrie (350), Barzon Zemo (170), Mandarin (280), Graviton (400) (1,200)
Spoiler Alert!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by IAmBatman; June 8th, 2021 at 09:44 AM.
Old June 7th, 2021, 11:18 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks Bats! If Joshua's 2nd game is similar to his first, he could use a bump. I'll wait for him to finish, but I'll probably do 6 Life.
Old June 8th, 2021, 09:47 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

After sleeping on it, I worry a bit about how useful his power set is.

Like the first power is needed, but he usually isn't going to get the bonus turn from it, he's going to give it, because it's a bit tougher for him to reliably get off an attack without moving since he has no range. I guess in the right match up (which I probably didn't play) he can use the bonus movement a lot from his tanking power to get engaged more.

The second power basically just meant I didn't target him or I tried to move figures around so that it couldn't trigger. So I guess it affected the game, but it didn't really trigger. I suppose it's actually somewhat useful for the opponent, though, since it's easier to hit his allies than him.

The third power just doesn't hit hard enough to be worth it most of the time over his normal attack unless you really want a special for some reason. The movement seems nice in practice, but he's a guy you kind of want to be engaged for the most part so he can tank hits and get his bonus attack in.

I think the powers all have use on paper, but I found them hard to pay off in practice and I'm not sure they synergize all that well with his role on the team.

Still, a bump in life couldn't hurt, and I'd consider bumping the special attack by 1 to potentially make it more of a consideration over his normal attack more often.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 8th, 2021, 10:45 AM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

With you and Josh's games, he's at 3-8 right now so he definitely needs some help. I do think Manticore and Positron are in good spots, with Statesman being the weak link.

What if I did 6 life, and HoJ had a small movement + 5 attack? It gets him a bit tankier, and would make choosing Statesman for Freedom Phalanx have more of a threat range to it. So something like ;

Quote:
HAMMER OF JUSTICE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 5.
Before attacking with this power, you may move Statesman up to 2 spaces. All figures adjacent to Statesman are affected by this special attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. After attacking with this special attack, if you rolled 1 or more skulls, place each affected figure on any empty space within 2 spaces of its original placement. An opponent's figure moved by this special attack does not take leaving engagement attacks.
Old June 8th, 2021, 11:06 AM

Letting you move before attacking with the special would give it a ton more utility. Good call. I think those changes seem good.

Old June 8th, 2021, 11:13 AM

Cool. I'll make those changes and see if Joshua can run those in his 2nd game.

SP updated.
Old June 8th, 2021, 11:21 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

You probably need to say “cannot move normally” in the bonding power, as the current wording prevents him from moving with the special attack.
Old June 8th, 2021, 11:33 AM

Good catch, thanks Arch.
Old June 10th, 2021, 04:18 PM

2nd game is in from Joshua, with the updated HoJ. Dominant victory for Team Statesman, but their crew seemed to have better synergy ;

Quote:
Playtest 2
Name of the Playtest Unit: Statesman

Army Test:
Map: Sacred Shrine
Units: Statesman, Positron, Manticore, Hercules, Moon Knight vs Red Hulk, Quick Silver, Flash, Robin and the Mandarin.

This match saw Statesman lead his group of God inspired heroes to an overwhelming victory. The game started with Quicksilver becoming quickly entangled with Statesman and quickly going down. The use of the newly modified hammer of justice along with Positron's Neutron blast reeked havoc on Quicksilver with a very effective 1-2 punch. Red Hulk and the flash quickly entered the skirmish as well and again found that Statesman's Hammer of Justice quickly repositioned them in view of Positron's bomb. Knocking out Quicksilver and Flash pretty quickly. With them out of the game the Mandarin tried to turn the tables but didn't even have time to make a difference as Statesman's normal attack quickly overwhelmed his defenses as well. Moon Knight used Frenchie Airdrop and his crescent darts to drop in behind Red Hulk and finish him off. At this points the team of heroes quickly hunted down and finished Robin.

The game ended with a perfect victory with no heroes down and out. Remaining Health Statesman (2); Hercules (2); Manticore (4); Positron (4); Moon Knight (5)

Unit Cost, Balance Draftability:
The changes to Statesman really helped. The 2 move for Hammer of Justice was great. As an example Positron dealt damage to Red Hulk adding heat markers, I then jumped Statesman in to move Red Hulk away from the heroes so his end of round roll didn't have an affect. It was a great strategy and made Statesman a lot more fun. The 6 helped me play a little more aggressive with him, however, I would still like the ability to Tank for people who aren't just Freedom Phalanx. If I could take damage for anyone in my army I would use it more. Just a thought, but I really enjoyed him more with those two little changes.

General Thoughts:
I like the changes and will definitely be using Statesman in future games with Positron partnership. Like I said I might allow his tank to take damage for anyone.
Old June 10th, 2021, 04:22 PM

Should I do one more game myself with the buffs so we have more than one PT, and make sure it all looks good?
Old June 10th, 2021, 04:27 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Sounds like a solid plan.
Old June 10th, 2021, 04:40 PM

JoshuaQuinn is surprisingly tart

I am just now realizing this entire conversation was here. I won't say to much since Fresh posted my second play test. I found him more fun the second time. Allowing him to move and use the hammer was useful. This time I didn't do much damage (my opponent had high defense) but it was helpful getting to move him around. It was often good to use him first to set up people and then use Positron to do some damage. Thanks for the first opportunity. It was really fun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library