Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 17th, 2018, 04:42 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Wildcat (Public Playtesting Phase)

- Theme Test - Tentative Pass - I don't really know the character, but he feels like a top-class striker.
- Mirror Test - Pass
- Bonding Test - Pass
- JSA bonding is fine.
- Synergies Test - Pass - Fight Coach is a nice bonus, but not too much.
- Power Check - Pass
- He's solid, but nothing that can't be dealt with. What with The Ol' One Two, though, he might be one of the figures in the game most consistently able to inflict wounds.
- Fun Test - Definite Pass - He's tonnes of fun!
- Fun Competitive Test - Pass - His low defence/high life makes him oddly fun to fight - you usually feel like you're getting somewhere.
- Drafting Test - Pass - Most certainly, in a number of builds.
- Usage Test - Pass - All of his powers felt fun and useful.
- Strategy Test - Pass - He’s a really distinct and interesting figure. Choosing a Trainee, as well as what type of build to put him in (there are plenty of options) makes him strategic enough in the drafting stage, and the fact he’s a rare figure whose survivability comes from a high life and low defence makes him even more distinct and interesting. When you then add his two fun, useful and evocative fighting powers, he’s really interesting.

Name Of The Playtest Unit: Wildcat

Army Test 1

Map: Vestige by Dignan (no glyphs)
Armies:
Wildcat, Flash (Jay Garrick), Hawkman (Carter Hall), Atom (Al Pratt), Luke Cage, Swordsman (1,200 Points)

vs.
Satanus, Doctor Doom (Sorcerer), Sub-Mariner, Kristoff von Doom, 1x Doombot, Final Ruin, 1x Healing Energy, 1x Hellfire: Ignition, 1x Hellfire: Fireball (1,200 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map:
Violation by nyys (heavy snow, normal ice, no Glyphs)
Armies;
Wildcat, Power Girl, Green Lantern (Alan Scott), Liberty Belle, Hourman, 1x Green Construct (Shield) (1,320 points)

vs.
Heimdall, Volstagg, Hogun, Fandral, 1x Fire Ant Swarm (1,320 points)

Spoiler Alert!

Thoughts On The Tested Unit's Cost, Balance, & Draftibility:

I’ve already said most of what I want to, so I’ll just add one thing, that requires I give you a little background. I grew up with an older brother who was (and is) fascinated by martial arts - he practiced Taijiquan, he read about it, he sparred with one of his friends (and often me...), and later on got into following MMA and even took a systema class for a time. Naturally, this rubbed off on me to a degree, and I’ve come to appreciate some of the principles of martial arts as well as the differences between fighting styles.
As such, I really love it when the principles of a character’s specific fighting style, what sets it apart from others, are represented on a figure’s card, distinguishing him from other fighters. Don’t get me wrong, Close Combat Expert and Master Martial Artist are fine, standard powers for when you want to go for something simple, but I’m increasingly coming to prefer it if we can represent an actual style in a more distinct and accurate way, and make fights between these sorts of combatants really showcase their own specific skill sets, and the individual way they fight to the fullest. It’s one of the things I like about Batroc the Leaper, though his version of savate is definitely of the exaggerated, bouncy, ‘no real human can actually ever do this and it would be impractical if you could’ comic style. It’s what I was trying to achieve with Splinter’s Breaking Balance power, trying to convey a fighting style that used an opponent’s own weight against them, that tried to take their balance and then exploit it - and it’s what Wildcat’s achieved here. I can just imagine him feinting with a jab, forcing an opponent to block before swinging for their jaw with his real strike.
I hope we have more fighters like Wildcat and Splinter in future - fighters who display the actual principals and merits of their fighting styles as opposed to the many other different ones out there. I would love to see characters who display how their own type of fighting compares with Batroc’s savate, Zangief’s wrestling, Splinter’s ninjitsu and Wildcat’s boxing, rather than generic martial artists all the time whose power is just ‘good at fighting’. I think there’s room to be more interesting and creative than that, and I love seeing it on this card. Even if it were only for that, Wildcat would become one of my favourites, and it’s my favourite thing about him.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 17th, 2018, 04:44 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Wildcat (Vote for Final Editing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Is there a reason we moved away from Vigilantes here? I really think it's where his most iconic relationships are. It's weird he can team up with Ken from Street Fighter but not his own surrogate daughter.
There was a lot of talk around this, and most people agreed that because Wildcat is doing training in the game, it doesn't make sense for him to be training people like Batman and Black Canary, who already have the training from Wildcat represented in their cards.
Plus, Ronin was talking about doing a Protege Black Canary down the line.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 17th, 2018, 04:47 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Thanks, LO! Adding to the OP now.

I'm a bit ahead of the vote here, but I put the cards up in the OP. These are my first cards in a long time, so please give them a look for any errors. Also, I was having a little trouble getting the PDFs to save, so please check those as well.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 17th, 2018, 05:04 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Satanus love!

Great tests and analysis but that is just old hat for L_O.

Yea

Scape is a freakin' LD machine.
Old July 17th, 2018, 05:25 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Cards looking mostly good. Here's some things I noticed for now:

1. Comic Art is a bit low quality, perhaps try and find a bigger version of it.
2. The spacing between the powers is too much. Standard is 5.0, and can go down to 3-4 I believe but that's rarely necessary. I'd refer to the creating a card thread for sizing and all that.
3. The background color behind the name and comic logo, you'll notice under the blue background color, there's a thin edge gradient line. It looks a little off-color/yellowish. You'll want to go into the FX, it has a satin effect on it, change the default color from the yellowish it's set at to a greyish of the same lightness. So just drag it over to the left of the gradient box to be all grey. That should keep that discoloration from happening, and then just make sure to do that for whatever template you're working from so you don't have to repeat in the future.
4. The green sight circle on the target zone thing is a little small.
5. The JPG quality of the card in the OP looks a little blurry, make sure it's set on max quality?
6. I believe the PDF images should be on the left side of the paper, so double check the art thread, but I believe it's 0.59 and 1.75 as your spacing.
7. Maybe give the background a slight gausian blur to make the figure stand out more.
8. The fog at the bottom, the tips of the fog(whatever layer that is), could be a little lighter since the room is so well lit.

Those are the main things that stick out. I'll double check when I have more time, but that should be it.
Old July 17th, 2018, 06:05 PM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post

2. The spacing between the powers is too much. Standard is 5.0, and can go down to 3-4 I believe but that's rarely necessary. I'd refer to the creating a card thread for sizing and all that.
3. The background color behind the name and comic logo, you'll notice under the blue background color, there's a thin edge gradient line. It looks a little off-color/yellowish. You'll want to go into the FX, it has a satin effect on it, change the default color from the yellowish it's set at to a greyish of the same lightness. So just drag it over to the left of the gradient box to be all grey. That should keep that discoloration from happening, and then just make sure to do that for whatever template you're working from so you don't have to repeat in the future.
5. The JPG quality of the card in the OP looks a little blurry, make sure it's set on max quality?
6. I believe the PDF images should be on the left side of the paper, so double check the art thread, but I believe it's 0.59 and 1.75 as your spacing.
7. Maybe give the background a slight gausian blur to make the figure stand out more.
8. The fog at the bottom, the tips of the fog(whatever layer that is), could be a little lighter since the room is so well lit.

Those are the main things that stick out. I'll double check when I have more time, but that should be it.
I appreciate the feedback. I was using A3n's old thread for sizing but I forgot to do the power spacing.

Interesting note on #5 though... A3n's thread specifically says to save JPG at quality 5 (out of 12). I thought it weird but I just went with it. We should definitely update that thread or create a new one with all the updated art procedures.

Anyways, I'll get to these updates tomorrow during downtime at work.

Old July 17th, 2018, 06:08 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

It's possible that's what is desired(jpg quality), but I've always been saving them as the highest. Reason being, when I would print cards, I always just copied the JPG from the thread and post it into word and print just that card on 4x6 photo paper size. I may be the only one to do that, but the card stuck out to me as lower quality which eh. If there's a good reason for it(such as bandwidth, makes sense).
Old July 17th, 2018, 06:12 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post

I appreciate the feedback. I was using A3n's old thread for sizing but I forgot to do the power spacing.

Interesting note on #5 though... A3n's thread specifically says to save JPG at quality 5 (out of 12). I thought it weird but I just went with it. We should definitely update that thread or create a new one with all the updated art procedures.

Anyways, I'll get to these updates tomorrow during downtime at work.

For #5 I don't use max quality but it's definitively higher than 5.
For #3...we need to check the template then...I thought it was just me but if it's showing up for Scapey as well then it's in the template.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 18th, 2018, 09:33 AM

Cards updated with all the changes. Thanks again @Arkham for the feedback. I did double-check the PDF settings, the spacing is correct. I couldn't find a better quality comic image, so I decided to go with a different one instead.

Old July 18th, 2018, 10:25 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looks much better...

Pre-Yea

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 18th, 2018, 10:31 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

The figure link isn't working, was curious to see the other angles available. I think it might look better if the mini was at a 90 degree angle instead of the current 45 degree angle, such that it looks more like he is punching the punching bag in the foreground. Right now it just looks like he is punching out into the air.
Old July 18th, 2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
The figure link isn't working, was curious to see the other angles available. I think it might look better if the mini was at a 90 degree angle instead of the current 45 degree angle, such that it looks more like he is punching the punching bag in the foreground. Right now it just looks like he is punching out into the air.
The current photos were available from Hahma on the Mini Photo Depository. I can poke around for different photos. I'd rather not wait until I'm home next to take some photos myself, but it is an option if we feel it's needed.

EDIT: Akihiro's Flickr includes a photo, but it's the same angle.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library