Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 17th, 2007, 02:11 AM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Blade Gruts

The Book of Blade Gruts
Malliddon's Prophecy - Collection 1 - Grut Orcs

Spoiler Alert!

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: Ferocious in battle, the Blade Grut warriors are the backbone of the Orc army. As a wild, unintelligent species, they are difficult to control; but they are highly effective when trained to follow their assigned leaders, and they take their orders without question or hesitation. On the battlefield, their leaders always attack first. And the Blade Gruts fiercely follow their example. If separated from their leaders, Blade Gruts become confused, and they often lose a good deal of their savagery. (Hasbro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
ORC CHAMPION BONDING
Before taking a turn with Blade Gruts, you may first take a turn with any Orc Champion you control.

DISENGAGE
Blade Gruts are never attacked when leaving an engagement.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
- ORC CHAMPION BONDING : How Many Orc Champions
How does Orc Champion Bonding work? Can I take a turn with all the Orc Champions I control first?
No, you can take a free (move & attack) turn with any one Orc Champion you control before taking a turn with the Blade Gruts. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
- GRIMNAK / TORNAK : Orc Warrior Enhancement
As Orc Warriors, Blade Gruts may benefit from Grimnak and Tornak’s ORC WARRIOR ENHANCEMENT attack and defense bonus.

- NERAK THE GLACIAN SWOG RIDER : Orc Defensive Aura 1
As Orcs, Blade Gruts may benefit from Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider’s ORC DEFENSIVE AURA 1.

- ORNAK : Orc Battle Cry Aura
As Orc Warriors, Blade Gruts may benefit from Ornak’s ORC BATTLE CRY AURA attack ability.
Synergy Benefits Offered
- ORC CHAMPION BONDING : Orc Champion Units
* Grimnak
* Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider
* Ornak
* Tornak
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Power Rankings

Jexik: Blade Gruts- Though weak in attack and defense, Grimnak and a cheap cost keep the Blades reasonably competitive. B+

OEAO: A-

Cleon: Tier 7 (57/208)

dok (VC inclusive): B+

Master Index
Blade Gruts -- What's Your Army Idea?

Unit Strategy Review
- TBA

Last edited by superfrog; March 21st, 2019 at 02:09 PM.
Old October 17th, 2007, 09:52 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness
After playing with the Heavy Gruts so much I just realized that these guys are only forty points. That really makes me want to get a few packs. These guys are awsome swarmers.
Old November 9th, 2007, 11:38 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx
After playing with the Heavy Gruts so much I just realized that these guys are only forty points. That really makes me want to get a few packs. These guys are awsome swarmers.
Though I should try the Heavies more often, the Blade Greats' cost & one extra space of movement keeps me returning to them time and again.
Old November 30th, 2007, 04:18 PM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx
Though I should try the Heavies more often, the Blade Greats' cost & one extra space of movement keeps me returning to them time and again.
I got nothing but love for these sneaky bas**rds. I specially like the one swinging two swords. It is simply the coolest orc common squad unit out there IMO.

I guess that the heavies of wave 6 were made in part to give the orcs some stronger units as the wave 1 blade orcs seemed underpowered against the Romans and Knights. The heavies level the field definitely against those and might have an edge over the Romans themselves.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old January 6th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Blade Gruts

I'll personally ake the Heavy Gruts or Arrow Gruts over the Blade Gruts.

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old July 27th, 2009, 12:20 AM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

Blade Gruts hit hard and fast. I love to rush these guys in with Tornak at the beginning of a game and create some chaos.

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old July 10th, 2011, 12:00 PM

Red Drake is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I find that the blade gruts make an excellent choice against low defense, high single attack heroes as on hieght with grimnak/tornak 4 attacks of four is nothing to laugh at

These are also excellent for bypassing Deathreavers and moving on to heroes to kill. Thier problem is ranged squad take them out easily so you need to have a lot of them with Grimnak and Tornak to make a worthy investment
Old July 10th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Try them with Tornak, Ornak, Grimnak, and Torin for some fun. Minutemen don't want to shoot them because of the ranged counterstrike. Pair that with the bonding and the mobility that Ornak provides the heroes...you have a nasty combo.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old July 10th, 2011, 01:31 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
Try them with Tornak, Ornak, Grimnak, and Torin for some fun. Minutemen don't want to shoot them because of the ranged counterstrike. Pair that with the bonding and the mobility that Ornak provides the heroes...you have a nasty combo.
Well met!

Let's see . . .

120 Grimnak
120 Torin
100 Ornak
100 Tornak

leaves how many points actually available for Blade Gruts?
Old July 24th, 2011, 04:55 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

During my playtesting for the Raids of Vahalla (Skirmish Maps), many, many games on BoV maps and the occasional Massivescape game, I actually find that I like the Blade Gruts more in a smaller type game versus a massive one.

Take the core Grimnak + Blades x2 for example. In the low end of skirmish games, that's your army right there. However, it is quite easily expandable to different values. At 250, add in Nerak to give a defensive boost, and at 300 you can put in another squad of blades on top of that if you don't mind losing 10 points.

For 350, you can take your core plus Nerak and add in Syvarris to make the enemy come to you, Krav for cleanup/leading force, or Heirloom for a special attack. Tornak is always an option to punch through tough defence, but usually a different force is the better idea because you don't want too many champions to blade gruts.
Old October 6th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

My personal favorite army is blades and arrows together:
120 Grimnak
80 Blades x2
120 Krug
80 Arrows x2
50 Swog x2
This is a 450-point army core, build off of it from there, depending on how many points.
Old February 9th, 2018, 02:47 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

This book is currently missing any C3V/SoV synergies for new cards like Hrognak.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units