Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old June 8th, 2011, 06:04 PM

Gog the Viking is surprisingly tart
Resources for Mercenaries

I recently began playing a new variation that I like to call Resources for Mercenaries. Basically, each player begins with an army of 50 points, and recruits units in game.

To begin, build any map. Usually maps with spread out starting zones work the best, along with lots of line of sight blockers. The map I most recently used was Guardian (by Dignan). Then, place glyphs symbol side up all over the map (I used about 14) in a symmetrical pattern so each player has the same opportunity to claim points.

Draft 50 points of units per player. Set up order markers as usual. Players may want to take a moment to locate units that they plan on bringing in later.

Begin playing as usual. At the end of the round, each player collects 10 points for every glyph that one of their figures occupies. Players then draft new figures with their points and place them in their starting zones. The player who collects the most points drafts first. If there is a tie, roll the 20-sided die. If a player does not wish to use all of his points, a record of all excess points should be kept (extra points stack).

Play continues until all of one player's units are destroyed. Common figures can be drafted over and over again (if the collection has 1 squad of orcs, when the squad is destroyed it can be drafted again); however unique figures can only be drafted by a player once per game. Partial squads cannot be drafted. Glyphs are never flipped over to activate their effects.

These games usually start slowly, then enter a "cold war" mindset as each player struggles to gain the most glyphs. They tend to end suddenly after one player gains a huge advantage and is able to draft anything they want.
Old June 8th, 2011, 08:48 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Resources for Mercenaries

Well met!

Nice mechanic!

[Hmmm. Sounds perfectly for the Gang of Four (actually, it appears that it will soon be Five) free-for-all. Especially if the victory conditions are not kill-'em-all. I'll start each player out with 200 point armies and 200 points in a Reserve. The map will have an even 20 Glyphs. At the end of each round, each player may draft up to 200 points of units with any combination of Reserve and Glyph points. A player is out of the game when he has no more units on the map and no more points in Reserve. (Of course, a player must draft units if he has any Reserve and no units on the Map.) I'll combine it with the mechanic from Who Turned Out the Lights? http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=35976. Yeah, and combine that with Control of the Ballroom! (I just made that up, but it's another use for the map, and set-up, from A Swell Party! http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1572). Whoever has Control of the Ballroom, at the end of any round, wins the game. Control being defined as having the only units therein. Yeah! All that's left is to think up a name for this scenario!]

I'll have to try it out some time.

Stay

[]
Old June 9th, 2011, 12:54 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I like what you have here. Might have to give it a try. To really make it Heroscapey the starting zones should have 1 or more water tiles to represent a Wellspring.
Old June 9th, 2011, 04:17 PM

Gog the Viking is surprisingly tart

Maybe combine that with a general wars type feel? A six (seven for Valkrill) player map with these rules and single General armies could be a fun way to play out the story line.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions