Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music
Music Not Heroscape-related.

Old July 28th, 2010, 10:33 AM

switzerlandoftheclarinets knows what's in an order marker switzerlandoftheclarinets knows what's in an order marker
Re: Concerts you have attended

I've seen The Counting Crows at Summer Celebration and wasn't too impressed.
I've also seen Flyleaf, Breaking Benjamin, and Three Days Grace at the same concert in Detroit and it was kickass.

switzerlandoftheclarinets is a pregnant Empress Kiova
...in the LIBRARY...

Old July 28th, 2010, 01:53 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Ok, here's just my Prog Rock list, and only the major/semi-major bands:

Dream Theater x5
Marillion x5 (+Fish solo x3)
Genesis x2
Peter Gabriel x1
Yes x2
ELP x1
Jethro Tull x1
Pink Floyd x1
King Crimson x1
Tangerine Dream x1
IQ x1
Ozric Tentacles x2

I'm forgetting a couple even on this list...I have all my old stubs from the 80's - 90's in a box buried in storage.

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN

Last edited by Carnival Man; July 28th, 2010 at 02:00 PM. Reason: added one
Old August 6th, 2010, 11:45 AM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Jack's Mannequin/the Fray (JM just opened, but they came close to stealing the show. Still, the Fray were really cool.)
Third Eye Blind (put on a really fun show)
The Stills/Built to Spill/Kings of Leon (KOL kind of sucked. They were awesome and everything, but they never talked to the crowd, and they never played a song a note different from the albums. It was like a Frat party with a band.)
Dispatch (AMAZING)
Roy Ayers and the Jazz Mafia (Pretty good show, even if I'd never heard of them and soul/jazz/rap isn't exactly my style. I do like hearing new things.)
Soja/O.A.R (Soja was pretty good Regae, and OAR put on a great show. Awesome sax solos.)

Last edited by Einar's puppy; July 10th, 2011 at 01:01 AM.
Old August 6th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart

Most Recent Concerts
John Mayer @ MSG(FEB)

Super Senior Break and Summer Concerts
The Tallest Man on Earth (4/20) in Greenwich Village
Pictureplane, Fang Island, and Why? @ Williamsburg Waterfront
Surferblood, Matt and Kim @ Coney Island Siren Fest
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes @ Webster Hall
The Morning Benders and The Black Keys @ Central Park
The Swell Season @ McCarren Park
St. Vincent @ Central Park
Spoon, Owen Pallet, and The Arcade Fire @ MSG

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Last edited by Fallen Templar; August 6th, 2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 02:43 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I believe I listed ones I've attended earlier in this thread, but thought I'd mention that I just got back from seeing The Scorpions and The Michael Schenker Group. This was the only time MSG will open up for the Scorpions, so it was a special show, especially when Michael Schenker came out and played a song with the Scorpians (Michaels's brother Rudolf is in the Scorps, so that was cool) and had a great duo bluesy solo with Matthias.

Other things of note was that Carmen Appice was playing in MSG and he also did a song with the Scorps tonight/lastnight.

The other thing that made the show special was that the Scorpians are on a farewell tour and after their stop in Chicago that I saw, they are leaving for South America and other stops around the world and I don't know if they are ever coming back to the U.S. on this tour or maybe not for the second leg of their two year final tour.

Anyway, it was a great show as usual. I saw them 2 years ago in Chicago and thought that might be the last time as the main three in the band are like in their early 60's, so I was glad to be able to see them again maybe one last time.

I had seen Michael Schenker Group several years ago at the House of Blues in Chicago and that was fun and he was good this time as well. He's really a fantastic guitarist. It was also a great treat for him to play some UFO songs, as he was in that band for awhile.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; August 22nd, 2010 at 02:52 AM.
Old June 15th, 2011, 11:18 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just got back from NOFX, the second time I've seen them. Last time was better. They played "The Decline" last night in Newfoundland, and I was really hoping they'd play it tonight, but no such luck.

Skipped the NHL finals to see it.
Old June 16th, 2011, 01:25 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Going to go see Dispatch this saturday!
Old June 16th, 2011, 02:57 PM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!

Dave Matthews Band x4 (This includes my first ever concert which is also the first time they ever came to Philly).
Metallica
Creed (Before Scott Stapp lost it)
Phil Collins
Bon Jovi
Pink
Genesis
The Police
Michael Buble
Sting (solo) (last concert)

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread

Last edited by Arcus; July 10th, 2011 at 02:11 AM.
Old July 3rd, 2011, 01:19 AM
All growed up

Went into NYC today to see a free concert in the park. We had to leave early so we could get home at a reasonable time (1 am and we just got home...mission accomplished?) but it was pretty good.

Roy Ayers and the Jazz Mafia
Old July 10th, 2011, 01:00 AM
All growed up

Double post I guess?

Just got back from the O A R concert, Soja opening. They put on a great show, and the fans are really...friendly. Six people just walked up to my friend and I and started talking to us. One of them stole a chiken finger from us...
Old July 10th, 2011, 03:01 AM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

Ones I can remember:
Dick Dale x2
Iron Maiden x2
Heaven and Hell (Black Sabbath with RJD)
AC/DC
Robin Hitchcock
1964 (Beatles tribute)
WILCO
Old July 10th, 2011, 10:43 AM
The New York Yankees are the greatest baseball team ever!

Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby!

For myself....

-My first concert, Godsmack, Deftones and Puddle of Mudd (who opened, and sucked)
-Music Midtown in Atlanta Georgia, I saw...Bush, Stone Temple Pilots, Butch Walker, Incubus, Hoobastank, No Doubt, Garbage, Counting Crows, and Puddle of Mudd (who suck by the way, absolutely suck, why was I forced to see them twice???).
- New Found Glory and Goldfinger
- Butch Walker (another two times)
- Gogol Bordello (three times, also got the chance to meet the lead singer one time)
- Parker House and Theory (three times, my friend's band who now are under a major record label)
- Goldfinger and Less than Jake
- Matisyahu
- Zox
- Neon Trees and OK Go
- Dispatch (my ex wanted to see them)

And there's probably a few I've missed along the way, I tend to try and go to as many concerts as I can a year...

The cake is a lie.

-Insert Witty Signature Here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music