Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old October 26th, 2007, 05:17 PM
South Florida Wave 8 Grand Champion

Blue Dane is surprisingly tart
Pre-painted Miniatures games

Other than Tannhauser, are there any other good board games that come with painted miniatures that you guys would recommend? I'm thinking of getting Tannhauser since Wave 8 and 8.5 are going to take a while. The miniatures is what draws me to them, but I can't paint or don't have time to paint the figures.

Can't find it? Try the Index | Live in Florida? Belated National Heroscape Day in SoFL
South Florida Game Days |
Old October 27th, 2007, 12:36 AM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation
Re: Pre-painted Miniatures games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dane
Other than Tannhauser, are there any other good board games that come with painted miniatures that you guys would recommend? I'm thinking of getting Tannhauser since Wave 8 and 8.5 are going to take a while. The miniatures is what draws me to them, but I can't paint or don't have time to paint the figures.
reapers mini's has a line of prepainted mini's
roughly on scale with HS, and they run 3-6 dollars.
I picked up some skellie's they've got, come 3 in a pack for 6 bucks.

cheers
Rod

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old October 27th, 2007, 01:04 AM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
I've heard good buzz about Mutant Chronicles (I think that's the name of it) from Fantasy Flight Games. It's supposed to come out sometime soon.

Unfortunately, it will be collectible.
Old October 27th, 2007, 01:19 AM

gibberish_47 Woo who?
Well, the thing that got me into gaming was Brikwars. It used Legos, and had a rulebook that was about 500 pages long. I don't even know how, but I had that sucker memorized in 5th grade!

Old October 27th, 2007, 01:36 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang
I've heard good buzz about Mutant Chronicles (I think that's the name of it) from Fantasy Flight Games. It's supposed to come out sometime soon.

It's been delayed (again) until next year. It was supposed to have come out 18 months ago. I thought they might actually put it out after having seen it at GenCon, but it appears they have half-assed this one in a major way.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old October 29th, 2007, 02:05 AM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
Yeah, that's what I heard - the official word on their site seems to be 'unavoidable production delays' - wonder what that means? Their sweat-shops aren't fully staffed I guess. LOL
Old October 29th, 2007, 03:11 PM
South Florida Wave 8 Grand Champion

Blue Dane is surprisingly tart
I was looking at AT-43; does anybody know how it compares to Heroscape in strategy and fun factor? The minis look great.

Can't find it? Try the Index | Live in Florida? Belated National Heroscape Day in SoFL
South Florida Game Days |
Old October 29th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc
Quote:

It's been delayed (again) until next year. It was supposed to have come out 18 months ago. I thought they might actually put it out after having seen it at GenCon, but it appears they have half-assed this one in a major way.
Rumor has it that FFG got suckered into producing a game like this (54mm...wtheck???) and the "production problems" are a way of pushing the contract limits to get out of having to produce the game. It's just a rumor but I can't imagine why someone would make a miniature game so way out of scale to anything being produced today. Heck, I'd be all over this game if they could use all the old Target(Excelsior) molds to create some decent 28-30mm prepainted figures from the Mutant Chronicles universe.

Newb.
Old October 29th, 2007, 04:11 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Yeah, that's what I heard - the official word on their site seems to be 'unavoidable production delays' - wonder what that means?
That's what they said about Duke Nukem: Forever and Starcraft Ghost.
Old October 29th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Messy Eater

LilNewb, I know one of the FFG guys through a mutual acquaintance and I suspect that what you heard is probably just that, a rumor.

Myself, I'm kinda interested in the larger scale. It's different and the art and painting on these guys actually rivals and in some cases, surpasses that of the HeroScape figures. Should be a fun game, I hope.
Old October 29th, 2007, 06:49 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!
The Clix set of games is pretty decent....

DWARVES!
Old October 29th, 2007, 08:07 PM

willwall54022 has disabled reputation
D&D (Dungeons and Dragons) and Warhammer if anyone still plays those. My brother i remember when i was like around 7 or 8 played a wargame that the character were ranked into colors. Certain parts of there armor were yellow or red or one other color. The stats were on the base. I think it was mage knight im not sure... but they looked cool. Sometimes i wish they would upgrade the heroscape characters if they were a little more violent or mature like they had blood or something hasbro would put an age warning or something, not that the figures now aren't cool.

Some people say sexy and some people say willwall54022

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games