Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old May 21st, 2013, 09:53 AM
I probably just killed the joke - in comic sans

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: WARHAMMER 40k

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewabbie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by marrowick View Post
Anybody here collect Chaos Space Marines?
Yes. My sons and I have Chaos / UltraMarine / Orks / Tyranids armies.
We started playing in 2006 4th editiion and then the armies went to the basement and forgotten. Recently my high school and college age sons found the boxes of armies and books and blew the dust off and we now have the bug again. Of course now everything is 6th edition. And of course we have to play with the latest rules. Hear that...? The sound of a cash register.
We are having a ball with it.

BTW - Heroscape has also been pulled from the closet. No extra money needed.
Nice. I'm currently looking for a 6th ed codex on Ebay so I can get it for cheaper than what most stores sell it for.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

Old May 21st, 2013, 08:25 PM
Definitely not horrible

Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby!

Hey marrowick, been a while. Nice new title

Since this thread is necro, what do you folks think about the gameplay of 40k? I've heard that it is very unbalanced/broken as far as army building goes, and the rules are very unclear. These views are from semi-biased individuals, however, so I'm just looking for more opinions. Also, about how much would it cost to get into 40k?
Old May 26th, 2013, 09:28 AM

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bothi View Post
Hey marrowick, been a while. Nice new title

Since this thread is necro, what do you folks think about the gameplay of 40k? I've heard that it is very unbalanced/broken as far as army building goes, and the rules are very unclear. These views are from semi-biased individuals, however, so I'm just looking for more opinions. Also, about how much would it cost to get into 40k?
Just saw this post now. It depends on the army really. Some (like Tau) are completely OP so no one really likes to play with Tau players they're so OP. But as Orks are only really good in CC since they have an insane amount of attacks and not a very good ballistic skill. Space Marines (Dark Angels, Blood Angles, Normal, Chaos etc.) seem balanced to me but they all have a spin to them. Such as Chaos Space Marines. Most of the units can purchase a special ability such as Nurgle (+1 toughness), Tzeench (+1 Initiative) etc. they also have Chaos Champions who when they kill a character or are responsible for at least one of the wounds in the attack that kills it they get a chaos boon which offers stuff such as the Shrouded special rule, +1 to their armor save, +1 wound/restore to full wounds etc. As for the rules they are pretty clear but there is a lot of them. They all mostly seem fair except for the sweeping assault rule. If you win combat and the losing unit fails their morale check than both players a die and add the units intiative to it for the final result. If the winner of the combat's result was higher than the loser's than the entire unit is destroyed regardless of how many models it has left or how many wounds they have left. And finally as to the price it cost a decent amount of cash but it is not as expensive as Warhammer fantasy. The price also depends on the unit you are but and how rare, large, many models it is.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

Last edited by marrowick; May 26th, 2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old May 26th, 2013, 01:59 PM

Utger man is surprisingly tart

Ahem. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH !!!!

End transmission.

I did NOT spell "Utgar" incorrectly. Check the link below.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...4&postcount=85
Old May 28th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!

Tau are not overpowered. If anything, they were one of the most underpowered last edition, and this edition they're just balanced, and according to some, completely nerfed.

~Bravey

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old July 9th, 2013, 06:56 PM

Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby!

I'm playing 40k now and I'm dark angels. So anybody want to play me? And also bothi you want to know how much it'll probably cost. Probably around $200-$300 for a really good army for some of the rarer (aka Space Wolves.) cause you need starting stuff too so probably $250 - $275. I suggest trying too get stuff off eBay.

My Youtube Channel

Eraguy816 is

in the Epic Fairyland Cave
Old July 9th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Anyone else excited about Apocalypse? Not that I'll ever be able but enough stuff for it I don't make enough money for that
Old July 10th, 2013, 11:55 AM

I don't think that I will play apocalypse but I saw the Khorne Lord of Skulls and the first thing I thought was "It... is... HUGE!".

Old June 12th, 2016, 08:57 PM
Highly Defensive, (Almost) No Life

Deathwalker over 9000! knows what's in an order marker Deathwalker over 9000! knows what's in an order marker

I am just getting into Warhammer 40k and was wondering who still played it.

I got mugged by Valkrill.
Good traders: Siver_guy and boromir96.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures