Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old February 5th, 2007, 09:59 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
Rod of Negation on Viking Champions

Honestly I didn't check the archives on this one and for that I apologize but time is against me at the moment and I want to ask this before I forget again!

If, (using Morsbane), you successfully negate the powers on Finn, Thorgrim, or Eldgrim's card(s), does that also mean that after any of these guys is destroyed, your opponent cannot place the fallen fig. on a card and use the "Warrior's Spirit?"

After all, Morsbanes card does state that all powers are negated for the entire game!

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old February 5th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
You got it, dnutt! Negation would kill the ability to place the fig after they die. Brings up the interesting side question of whether or not Morsbane could negate the effect Finn, et al are currently having on a card by negating the card they are effecting. My vote there is no - that the negation only negates that card's powers, not the powers of Finn, et al as well.

~Aldin, clear as mud

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 5th, 2007, 10:08 PM

bluekitsune13 has disabled reputation
I agree, on both counts. It erases all the printed powers on the card, not the figures on it.
Old February 5th, 2007, 10:18 PM

OK, to clarify...

If successfully negated, Finn CANNOT be placed on a card to enhance Attack once destroyed and is simply out of the game...

But

If Finn is already destroyed, (and for sake of arguement), placed on KMA card to enhance attack,...
THEN
If the KMA are successfully negated, they would no longer be able to use the special powers printed on the card, BUT still DO receive Finn's spirit. (Assuming of course Finn was never negated in the first place.)

Correct?

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
Old February 5th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Bingo, my friend! Don't you just LOVE how complicated the simplest questions can get?

~Aldin, hopelessly confused

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 5th, 2007, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
Bingo, my friend! Don't you just LOVE how complicated the simplest questions can get?

~Aldin, hopelessly confused

Old February 5th, 2007, 11:12 PM
has been BANNED

Homba is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
2nd Ed. Rules, pg. 7, identifies 'Special Powers' as the ability text printed on the card. I'd say Finn's spirit (represented by his figure) is not included among, "All of that figure's special powers..." which are negated by a Moresbane negation.

If Finn is revived, his spirit would depart from its chosen card, right?

If so, then it was never a power belonging to the card (the KMA, in your example). It's just like Raelin's aura, a glyph benefit, or anything else that can come and go and is not "of the card," not considered a "figure's special power." None of this type of "bestowed benefit" is negated by a successful Moresbane negation.

H
Old February 6th, 2007, 11:47 PM

grizz is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluekitsune13
I agree, on both counts. It erases all the printed powers on the card, not the figures on it.
so does this include flight as well. In other words does it negate every thing that is on the left side of the card or just the things that are listed as special pwoers kind of like special attacks.

Old February 6th, 2007, 11:52 PM
has been BANNED

Stealth Dodge is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Flight would be negated
Old February 7th, 2007, 12:00 AM

fejkl Woo who?
Everything on the left side of the card.
Old February 11th, 2007, 02:33 AM

zombie prime is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
just picking a nit here

you negate powers not "the left side ofthe card"

negating the left side of the card includes the negation of class, race, height, name.

btw this is me at 130 am. scary is it not?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's