Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old March 29th, 2024, 02:07 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
2024 Heroscapers Server Migration

Hi all. Tonight we migrated to a new server. The migration began at about midnight ET and was complete at about 2am. Because this migration had to be a bit rushed compared to how we would have like to have done it, there may be some issues. If you spot anything not working right, please report it with a reply to this thread and I will address it. Thanks!

Currently remaining issues (April 5):
- Trueskill calculations for online scape are not working. ETA is several weeks on this one
- Other than that, I think all reported issues are resolved!

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK

Last edited by Xorlof; April 5th, 2024 at 02:47 PM. Reason: remaining issues list
Old March 29th, 2024, 02:35 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: 2024 Heroscapers Server Migration

Self-reporting an error. Currently there is a security certificate error on the new server. Working to resolve...

EDIT: That took longer than expected, but fixed!

Last edited by Xorlof; March 29th, 2024 at 04:01 AM. Reason: huzzah!
Old March 29th, 2024, 07:16 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Despite your original warning note about the server change, for which we thank you, I haven't had a single problem using the site during the transition so far. Good work. Hang in there!
Old March 29th, 2024, 09:16 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sent you a PM but then saw your message. C3G server access for uploading new card art is no longer working. And I have to upload a bunch of stuff from the past week or so that's missing on the new server.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 29th, 2024, 09:18 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

On the positive side. Everything else seems to load a lot faster than before.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 29th, 2024, 09:43 AM
Super Smurfy

Yes. C3V, Hoss, and C3G FTP users are now going to get individual accounts, rather than shared accounts for the group. I was going to message folks in each group and ask for them to send me a list of users that should have FTP accounts created for them, but I guess this is a decent spot to do the ask.

So C3Gers, C3Vers, and HoSSers, please send me a list! I will get those created on Monday.

@japes is your need for FTP access more urgent or is Monday soon enough?
Old March 29th, 2024, 09:47 AM
A Man of Taste

Mostly only urgent because I'm leaving for a vacation in about 4 hours

Do we need to limit the number of users now?

Old March 29th, 2024, 10:00 AM
A Man of Taste

Sent you the list.

Looks like the snapshot was taken March 24th on the file folder. Nothing updated for art since then or uploaded new since then appears to be visible. Is the 24th accurate or is there something else going on here and I should keep checking other dates?

Old March 29th, 2024, 10:02 AM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've had absolutely no trouble whatsoever browsing/using the forums. When I tried to upload a new image in the Gallery, however, I got a message that "An error occurred while attempting to create a folder for your files." Would this have anything to do with the server migration? The Gallery was working fine for me yesterday.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old March 29th, 2024, 10:57 AM
Super Smurfy

@japes . Got the list and the confirmation that Monday will be OK. Nope, it's not that we have to limit access to anyone. It's just good practice for each person to have their own account. That's probably how we should have set it up previously. I'm telling it to update the c3g folder snapshot now. That should be done within an hour.

@ThrasherDarkrai -- that sounds exactly like the type of bugs I expect may appear and need to be addressed. Thanks for the report. I will figure it out and get it fixed today.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old March 29th, 2024, 11:01 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thanks, Xorlof!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 29th, 2024, 11:52 AM
Super Smurfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherDarkrai View Post
I've had absolutely no trouble whatsoever browsing/using the forums. When I tried to upload a new image in the Gallery, however, I got a message that "An error occurred while attempting to create a folder for your files." Would this have anything to do with the server migration? The Gallery was working fine for me yesterday.
I believe this should be fixed! Please let me know if you encounter any more issues.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion