Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Notices

Old February 5th, 2010, 09:35 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: A Collection of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian
Ackbar Trap: (Obsidian)
The figures defense is reduced to 0. You can't repel attack dice of any magnitude.
How - In - The - World did I not see this before.

It's a trap!!!

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 5th, 2010, 10:25 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Two competing armies of XXX points fight on a series of maps.

You could insert monsters controlled by a neutral third player or a mechanic like Zombie Island's. You could have a dragon, chained to limit his range, on each of 4 maps, for example: Othkurick, Nilfeim, Charos and Braxas.

Think of it as an open air dungeon crawl. Terrain and glyphs from all master sets and expansions may be used. Choose a mechanic for healing and/or reinforcement (from a pool, perhaps) between maps.

I don't mind the dungeon crawl thing, I just want to be able to choose my army, rather than have it chosen for me by the scenario, which I think, in Master Set 3, is done so beginners can jump right into play, as in the previous master sets. Also the master sets' included scenarios presume that the players do not have figures from any other set or expansion. I crave more freedom in my army creation than this kind of scenario permits.
Kolakoski, would you mind fleshing out some of the details on your concept and giving it a label. It sounds good but if you could explain it in a consice format that would be very helpful.[/quote]

Sorry I took so long to answer this. The details have been fleshed out by various posters to this site. See, in particular KC's Alternate Tourney Rules in KC's Scenarios . . . in the Maps & Scenarios forum, and/or my posts on the current metagame, and/or my blog (which includes posts about playing on such a map and creating a new type of tournament map with MS3). Off the top of my head, in this case . . .

I'd have a series of official maps, modified to incorporate MS3, for example, the Swamp Thing modification I laid out in my last blog entry. Each match would be with 500 point armies built to the map and scenario. Everyone would have a a pool equal to 1500 points and/or be able to regenerate [250][200][150][depending on the number of maps and opponents] points and take reinforcements from the pool beween maps. So, if my army were to be wiped out, I would regenerate [XXX] points of the 500 points that were lost, and use whatever combination of the newly regenerated units and the pool units remaining to build my army for the next map.
Old February 8th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Treasure Ideas

Orb of...

Shadow: All spaces within four spaces of the Orb of Shadows (including the space occupied by the Orb of Shadows) are considered to be Shadow spaces in addition to their underlying terrain type.

Water: All spaces within four spaces of the Orb of Water(including the space occupied by the Orb of Water) are considered to be Water spaces instead of their underlying terrain type.

Fire: All spaces within four spaces of the Orb of Fire (including the space occupied by the Orb of Fire) are considered to be Lava Rock spaces instead of their underlying terrain type.

Frost: All spaces within four spaces of the Orb of Frost(including the space occupied by the Orb of Frost) are considered to be Snow spaces instead of their underlying terrain type unless the underlying terrain is lava, water or swamp water in which case it is treated as Ice.

Travelling: All spaces within four spaces of the Orb of Travelling (including the space occupied by the Orb of Travelling) are considered to be Road spaces instead of their underlying terrain type.

~Aldin, boosting terrain dependant figs

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 12th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Orb of...

Frost: All spaces within four spaces of the Orb of Frost(including the space occupied by the Orb of Frost) are considered to be Snow spaces instead of their underlying terrain type unless the underlying terrain is lava, water or swamp water in which case it is treated as Ice.

~Aldin, boosting terrain dependant figs
Looks like your idea was too good to be limited to treasure form, they had to go ahead and make a figure out of it!
Old February 12th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

*chuckle* Yeah, when I saw the GIE I was really glad I'd posted those Orbs beforehand.

~Aldin, treasuringly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 12th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So many treasures and traps... Will there ever be a map large enough to contain all of them???

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old February 12th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wings of Light: Holder of this treasure glyph automatically gets "Stealth Flying" ability.
Armor of Defense: Gives holder +2 defense, but -2 move.

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old March 16th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Added:

A-Z Index of Dungeon Scenarios
Old April 15th, 2010, 10:40 AM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

I create different dungeon crawl scenarios frequently. I get bored and have nothing to do. I have also developed a treasure trap list that I use for the majority of my scenarios whenever someone fails to get the treasure. This also works for a regular game of heroscape that has treasures on the board. When a hero fails to disarm the trap on the treasure he must re-roll and let the almighty d20 decide his fate.

1=the trap has killed you, instantly destroy the figure.
2-7= paralyzing gas! remove all unrevealed order markers on this army card.
8-12= normal dart trap! the figure recieves one wound.
13-18= poison dart trap! the figure recieves 2 wounds.
19-20= you have successfully evaded the trap.

-hope i got the right thread this time-
Old April 15th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardris1287 View Post
1=the trap has killed you, instantly destroy the figure.
2-7= paralyzing gas! remove all unrevealed order markers on this army card.
8-12= normal dart trap! the figure recieves one wound.
13-18= poison dart trap! the figure recieves 2 wounds.
19-20= you have successfully evaded the trap.
Nice trap Chardris but what should we call it? If you have a snappy name I'll gladly add it to the list.
Old April 15th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Cool idea. A "variable trap." Could be brutal, but I like that is gives you a better chance of coming out unscathed as it does in dying (and with Lodin, you won't die).

I'd consider switching the normal and poison darts--since, generally, higher is better for the player (and in this case it isn't). Also, I'd like to see the normal dart be a bit more likely than the poison dart.

Not that you care, but this is how I'd do it:

1 = Disintegration Ray - The trap has killed you, instantly destroy the figure.
2-5 = Paralyzing Gas! - Remove all unrevealed order markers on this figure's army card.
6-10 = Poison Dart - The figure receives 2 wounds.
11-18 = Blade Trap - The figure receives 1 wounds.
19-20 = Faulty Trap - No effect.

Last edited by 1Mmirg; April 15th, 2010 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Dropped the activation rates of the worse traps by just a bit more
Old April 15th, 2010, 02:53 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Chardris1287, the treasure must be something very special to have that kind of trap. I wouldn't touch it with a 10-hex pole (unless it was absolutely necessary to complete the scenario).

Last edited by AliasQTip; April 15th, 2010 at 02:59 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios