Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old January 12th, 2021, 04:58 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Outer Space Terrain - Final Frontier (Editin

Thanks!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 12th, 2021, 09:22 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Picture 5-9
Example Three: Punisher only used 3 of his 5 movement to move next to Red Skull, so he can still move 2 spaces in a straight line in any of these directions.
What is this?

That's not in the rules??? This was not my understanding either. My understanding was that movement ended when it was blocked. Is this how all testers tested it?
Old January 12th, 2021, 09:57 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Picture 5-9
Example Three: Punisher only used 3 of his 5 movement to move next to Red Skull, so he can still move 2 spaces in a straight line in any of these directions.
What is this?

That's not in the rules??? This was not my understanding either. My understanding was that movement ended when it was blocked. Is this how all testers tested it?
I did not play this way. I may have missed something though.
Old January 12th, 2021, 11:04 PM

redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Picture 5-9
What is this?

I did not play this way. I may have missed something though.

I didn't test it that way either. I ended movement upon running into an adjacent figure.
Old January 12th, 2021, 11:25 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Red Skull is an enemy figure there, so his movement is blocked. The rules don't say that blocked movement ends your movement, just that it ends the portion of your movement where you are required to move in a straight line.

Quote:

Cosmos Spaces

Cosmos spaces are 0 height.

When a non-flying figure enters a Cosmos Space during their normal movement they can only move in a straight line and must continue moving in this manner until one of the following is true:
  • all of their available movement is used,
  • they are adjacent to a space of a different terrain type, or
  • they cannot legally occupy the next space.
Entering a Cosmos space is the trigger for your movement being affected, but nothing about entering or occupying a Cosmos space lowers your move number or ends your movement.

In the examples I used, Punisher begins his movement by moving in a straight line. He continues moving in that straight line until his move is blocked. Nothing lowered his movement number any, so he can still move up to his movement number. It's just his next move also enters a Cosmos space, so it also has to follow the rules of what happens when you enter a Cosmos space.

If he moved onto a Cosmos space one space in a straight line and ended up against a different terrain type, he could climb right up on that terrain with his remaining movement.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 12th, 2021, 11:25 PM

@Yodaking how did you test it?

Old January 12th, 2021, 11:53 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I completely agree with you Bats. I guess I didn't run into a situation where I ran into another unit and moved additional spaces. I did however run into solid ground and continued moving so it would be the same concept. I must have misunderstood. Sorry about that.
Old January 12th, 2021, 11:59 PM

Fwiw, most of the time it'd be a bad move to do it after colliding into an enemy figure, since continued straight line movement would often mean you'd be taking a leaving engagement attack.

Like if Punisher collides into Red Skull and has two spaces of movement left, he can't circle Red Skull. If he starts moving again in the middle of space, he has to move two full spaces and take that swipe.

Old January 13th, 2021, 12:07 AM
Forum Moderator

Exactly, which is why I didn't do it, but I see why you mentioned it. Just because it is not a smart choice does not mean it is not a choice at all.
Old January 13th, 2021, 12:37 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Well now that you point it out that way Bats, I would say that neither intention is clear in the rules & we will need an update to make it clear one way or the other.

Why do you want the rules to allow to continue movement in a different direction once blocked?

I just think it is cleaner if the movement is ended. Representing the difficulties of moving in space.
Old January 13th, 2021, 01:07 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

That situation never came up for me either. If/when I ran into an opponents figure I just stopped and fought it out. I don't recall running into my own figures at all, but I was also making sure they would each get a full move without hitting into each other. I don't see why you couldn't try to bounce off of another figure like you can off an asteroid or other terrain feature. Like you said though, unless you have something other than the figure to grab onto, bouncing off would be in a straight line that you couldn't end early and thus most likely result in a LEA. I suppose a ninja like type with disengage might try to ping pong their way through a line of troops, but that seems thematic to me. Using your agility to kick off one guy, then pushing off another, to get past a broken screen.
Old January 13th, 2021, 07:43 AM

We'll poll it out. Do you prefer:

A. Figures to have to fully end their movement when they reach a space where they can't keep moving in a straight line

or

B. Figures to be able to use their remaining movement up to their move number when they reach a space where they can't keep moving in a straight line

?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library