Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old November 8th, 2016, 06:42 PM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Over the course of the previous weekend, my family had "reunion" of sorts, and as it happens my uncle had brought a copy of Navegador, I can't see it having enough luck involved for much replayability, but it was really, really fun. The theme was strong, not that I care for that specific theme very much, thankfully, there are expansions, which I suppose would fix the aforementioned replayability problem.

-------------------------
Join our HeroScape discord! https://discord.gg/DXRaqvn
Talk about everything heroscape, or just hang out!
Old November 8th, 2016, 08:07 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJtheMighty View Post
Over the course of the previous weekend, my family had "reunion" of sorts, and as it happens my uncle had brought a copy of Navegador, I can't see it having enough luck involved for much replayability, but it was really, really fun. The theme was strong, not that I care for that specific theme very much, thankfully, there are expansions, which I suppose would fix the aforementioned replayability problem.
It's a eurogame, where game mechanics are focused on the most and luck is minimized. That's just the nature of that game and the way they are designed, where player skill is placed above luck elements. For a lot of people, not having luck is a great part of a game feature, as some hate winning or losing due to a roll of the dice or luck of the draw of cards.

So for people that like this type of game that doesn't rely on luck, there is a lot of replayability because it becomes more of a test of skill.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 8th, 2016, 08:30 PM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
It's a eurogame, where game mechanics are focused on the most and luck is minimized. That's just the nature of that game and the way they are designed, where player skill is placed above luck elements. For a lot of people, not having luck is a great part of a game feature, as some hate winning or losing due to a roll of the dice or luck of the draw of cards.

So for people that like this type of game that doesn't rely on luck, there is a lot of replayability because it becomes more of a test of skill.
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I love these kinds of euro games, where you get better the more you play, but this specific one just seemed to stand out for some reason.

-------------------------
Join our HeroScape discord! https://discord.gg/DXRaqvn
Talk about everything heroscape, or just hang out!
Old November 8th, 2016, 11:01 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Played Trickerion tonight with all expansions/advanced rules. This is a great game and the 2 hours it takes to play just fly by every time we play. I think it really captures the theme of being an old school magician/showman. Setup is the only thing that is painful.
Old November 8th, 2016, 11:54 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I love these kinds of euro games, where you get better the more you play, but this specific one just seemed to stand out for some reason.
Sometimes it's just certain games that do that to us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Played Trickerion tonight with all expansions/advanced rules. This is a great game and the 2 hours it takes to play just fly by every time we play. I think it really captures the theme of being an old school magician/showman. Setup is the only thing that is painful.
Definitely want to play this. My buddy has it but he has been kind of busy to make it to game night of late, and I'm also tied up every other Monday for SeaFall. But someday I will definitely play this Considering the setup time, perhaps it might be one that I go to his house to play, where he can have it set up already instead of having to drag it to our gaming facility and set it up.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 11th, 2016, 12:30 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It's been awhile, but this week I've had multiple opportunities to play games:

On Wednesday, I went to a game night at the local game store. I started off with a couple of filler games, Tides of Madness and the Hobbit Card Game. The first is a quick two-player drafting game and the second was a surprisingly fun trick-taking game that scales from 3 to 5. I've seen the Hobbit one before and assumed it was just a throwaway licensed game, but it was a very fun filler, and I'll probably end up picking it up.

We followed with a game of 51st State (the Master Set). This is definitely one of my favorite games. I love the engine-building, empire-construction, cutthroat competition in it. I enjoy Imperial Settlers, but this is a significant improvement in my opinion, and I highly recommend it to anyone. It has lots of strategy and depth and offers tons of ways to win.

We finished with a game of Black Orchestra, a preorder I received this week. It's a thematic cooperative game based on the real story of the group of German officers and civilians that plotted to assassinate Hitler during World War II. It has lots of tension as you move your conspirator around the board, gathering items you need to enact a plot, increasing your motivation while trying to keep your suspicion low. If you have a higher level of suspicion, you are more likely to be arrested by the Gestapo, but certain actions that are necessary for your success can raise your suspicion. There is a lot more to the game, but it also involves lots of dice-rolling and and pressing your luck, as well as action selection and strategic planning. Another fun game.

And then last night, I was able to start a Seafall campaign with @Gurei-Ornery and two others. We played the Prologue and Game 1. I won't reveal any spoilers, but what an awesome game! There have been some negative reviews, which I attribute to the fact that it can be a slow start and has some downtime, but I was blown away by how much fun the whole legacy aspect adds to the game. I'm looking forward to moving ahead with the game and can't wait to play again.
Old November 11th, 2016, 01:03 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
And then last night, I was able to start a Seafall campaign with @Gurei-Ornery and two others. We played the Prologue and Game 1. I won't reveal any spoilers, but what an awesome game! There have been some negative reviews, which I attribute to the fact that it can be a slow start and has some downtime, but I was blown away by how much fun the whole legacy aspect adds to the game. I'm looking forward to moving ahead with the game and can't wait to play again.

Seafall was fantastic. One of the few games I can remember where I was equally interested in all player's turns, not just my own. The time flew by and the twists and turns were quite unexpected and exciting.

For the record:
My Leader: Django Fett
Province: Candyland
Ship1: Slave1
Ship2: Fritz (I know, should be Tony, but I like Fritz better)
Old November 11th, 2016, 01:22 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post

Seafall was fantastic. One of the few games I can remember where I was equally interested in all player's turns, not just my own. The time flew by and the twists and turns were quite unexpected and exciting.

For the record:
My Leader: Django Fett
Province: Candyland
Ship1: Slave1
Ship2: Fritz (I know, should be Tony, but I like Fritz better)
Meanwhile I have Buffy Harrington Cuddledown the Mariner, Countess of Ballybarrow Burburghchester. My only named ship is the HCS Sinky McSinkface, so named for its misguided desire to rest at the bottom of the sea.
Old November 14th, 2016, 11:00 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Slaughterball arrived on Veterans Day and this weekend was full of slaughter. I had a chance to experience two, three, and four player games.
Entertaining and thematic miniatures n' dice-chucking affair. Quick and simple scrimmage mode. Three games so far
Old November 16th, 2016, 05:15 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Just got in my Deadeye Walkers for Zombicide: Black Plague. Has anyone got to play with those yet? I can't wait. Also, I have been on the fence over buying BLOOD RAGE. But went ahead and pulled the trigger last night on Amazon. After watching the good reviews on Dice Tower I had to jump off the fence, finally. Anyone on here a fan of that one? Also, I seen the 5th player expansion for Blood Rage on there as well. Is it worth it to buy? I'm not sure I need it unless it brings more to the table than just another player. Over Halloween I got to play a game called SPEAK OUT. With the mouth guards, and the trying to say stuff for your team mate to guess. It was so fun, my wife went and bought it the day after.
Hey TREX have you gotten a chance to try out Blood Rage yet? I too have been on the fence about this one but it looks really cool to me. And now that you can get it for under eighty bucks I'm considering getting it myself. Was just curious whether you got a chance to try it out or not?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old November 16th, 2016, 05:28 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Not yet. Its only 53 bucks on amazon with prime. The minis alone are worth it. They are beautiful. All the great feedback is worth jumping in on it. Also there arent tons of expansions that you have to have.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 16th, 2016, 08:21 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Not yet. Its only 53 bucks on amazon with prime. The minis alone are worth it. They are beautiful. All the great feedback is worth jumping in on it. Also there arent tons of expansions that you have to have.
Thanks! It will be after Christmas before I buy anything else for myself, but this one is now on my list. I just hope that the price stays down. Not long ago it was around $85 on Amazon. And yeah, the miniatures are one of the things drawing me to it. Just judging by the pictures online they do indeed look beautiful.

Also, this caught my eye while browsing on Amazon.

Bloodborne: The Card Game

It sounds fun. Anyone played it?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games