Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old January 13th, 2016, 02:29 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Utah soundoff

I agree with all comments. March sounds great, and Saturday's are the best. I don't know how to change the thread name, but that's a good idea as well.

And as far as the name goes for the tournament...I think that's really clever @Tiranx ...that's s a good fun name for the tournament.

Also @dart48 , If you need any help trying to plan this or whatever feel free to reach out. I'm not 100% sure cause I've never hosted or helped with a tournament, but I'll do my best to help any way I can, and if that's providing terrain for some of the map choices I can do that too, I've got a good sized collection.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old January 14th, 2016, 08:01 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Hey All!! so Exciting news! Today marks the advent of my official Heroscape YouTube channel. It's been a long time coming, but the first battle is up and available to watch. I'm going to be doing -at least- weekly battles if not more, and eventually customs tutorials. Check it out, subscribe, write comments, share do whatever to help my Channel get more hits. My hope is to start reaching the Heroscape community since from what I've seen - the absence of Captain Canuck/LegoBoy and Wiker there are few heroscapers currently producing weekly material for viewers to watch and to follow. I hope to fill this need and any and all support would be great!! You can find my first battle video on my YouTube page either by typing in Sir Heroscape or using the link here.

Thanks all and any feedback would of course be appreciated!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old January 23rd, 2016, 08:58 AM

Before our March Tourney we were planning in Pocatello, @Tiranx and I wanted to run a first ever Heroscape tournament up here in Rexburg. So here's our post!

RUMBLE IN THE BURG

Get excited folks! The first ever Rexburg Heroscape Tournament is coming to town!! @Tiranx and I are super excited to be putting this on, and hope you will all join in for one heck of a Heroscape afternoon!

The format:
350 point armies; 14 hexes; Must have between 50-150pts worth of at least one unique hero; Heat of the Battle, Scraps

House Rules Apply: yes to C3V/SoV, no marvel.
This is a Scraps Tournament, with Heat of the Battle setup. Details for scraps rules can be found here. Swiss Tournament System

When: Saturday Feb. 13th, 2016, show up 3:30pm, get checked in/setup: roll dice 4:00pm.

Where: Gamepulse
store in Rexburg, Idaho.
52 E Main St, Rexburg, ID 83440

How Much: $5. All of it will go toward the prize as store credit.

Food: Feel free to bring something to share!
Parking: Plenty of street parking

Materials: For those who are not Heroscape enthusiasts, or simply do not have a collection of their own…pre-made 350pt armies (and order markers etc) will be constructed, and you will be allowed to use them for the tournament. You may select them on a first come first serve basis.

For those not familiar with this format, it is quite fun. From the very beginning you’re already in combat and having to get yourself into a strategic position fast. It’s fun and tactically demanding. By the end, you’ll have played lots of games, and because of the smaller maps, the games will go much quicker (30min clock). With only 350pts, carefully selected and carefully played armies will still help you go far.

Start signing up and let us know if you have any questions!

Maps:
Spoiler Alert!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old January 25th, 2016, 06:34 PM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker

Hey, so a local game shop is cool with us holding the tournament at their place, so that is where I'm planning on doing it. Any preference on the Saturday in march? I was thinking the 12th or 19th, but I'm open to any if anyone has a preferred one.
Old January 25th, 2016, 08:29 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Hello. I'm in Salt Lake City Utah. I haven't played very much for a few years, but I decided to start using this site again. It's good to see other Utah players around.

Last edited by Leaf_It; January 25th, 2016 at 10:20 PM.
Old January 25th, 2016, 11:03 PM

Welcome Leaf! Yeah there's a Lot of us here...this thread is a combination of Utah and Idaho players...right now we're planning a tournament in Rexburg for 13 February and a tournament in Pocatello for mid March.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Hello. I'm in Salt Lake City Utah. I haven't played very much for a few years, but I decided to start using this site again. It's good to see other Utah players around.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old January 25th, 2016, 11:08 PM

I vote the 19th!! I think that'll work best

Quote:
Originally Posted by dart48 View Post
Hey, so a local game shop is cool with us holding the tournament at their place, so that is where I'm planning on doing it. Any preference on the Saturday in march? I was thinking the 12th or 19th, but I'm open to any if anyone has a preferred one.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old January 28th, 2016, 04:36 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Welcome Welcome @Leaf It we'll have to get you to come to the Jingle Bell Bash next December!! Glad to have you!

H E R O S C A P E
Old January 29th, 2016, 07:20 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I won't be able to go to any tournaments that require much travel. Work keeps me from doing too much away from home, unless I use vacation, or personal leave. But if there's ever anything in Salt Lake or close by it, I'd love to come.
Old February 5th, 2016, 05:27 PM

So is the tourney in March gunna happen?! Cause...for @Tiranx and I, It's taken a good 3-4 weeks at least for us to plan our smaller tourney here in Rexburg...but if we do a tourney in March in Pocatello I think we're going to get a really large turnout, people from both Utah and Idaho, and it's going to take a lot to coordinate everything. I'm more than willing to help out b/c I know @dart48 was taking most of the initiative and that's a lot for him to have to do alone. So I think we outta get at least a couple people in on planning this, if it's going to happen March 19th (6 weeks away)? Thoughts?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 5th, 2016, 07:40 PM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoney View Post
So is the tourney in March gunna happen?! Cause...for @Tiranx and I, It's taken a good 3-4 weeks at least for us to plan our smaller tourney here in Rexburg...but if we do a tourney in March in Pocatello I think we're going to get a really large turnout, people from both Utah and Idaho, and it's going to take a lot to coordinate everything. I'm more than willing to help out b/c I know @dart48 was taking most of the initiative and that's a lot for him to have to do alone. So I think we outta get at least a couple people in on planning this, if it's going to happen March 19th (6 weeks away)? Thoughts?
It'll happen. TREX and his group I know are maybes. My group from Burley is planning on it. I can handle getting a place and whatnot. I'll just need help with maps because I don't have anywhere near enough tiles for all the maps. Everyone planning on attending, please let me know beforehand so I can know what to plan for.

As it sits right now, it's gonna be a standard swiss system 500 pt tournament with c3v/sov/hoss ok.
Old February 5th, 2016, 08:11 PM

Awesome! Yeah, plan on me making it down for sure...and like I said for our Tourney up here in Rex we've got about 16 confirmed attendants...so of those we should be able to bring down a handful.

I can definitely help with maps (depending on which ones you choose though I guess), b/c I've got a solid terrain collection. I can't speak directly for @Tiranx , but he's got a lot of terrain as well, and he might be able to contribute a map or two.

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers