Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Notices

Old November 12th, 2014, 11:59 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: The Public design of Hoth Han

Porkins didn't like removing the wounds because it was technically the Bacta Tank the healed Luke, not Han.

However, I can go either way.

Edit: Just noticed you took off the part where the new Han takes wounds if the Hoth Han is killed. We should probably lower the life of the Tauntaun then to 3 if that's the case.
Old November 12th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Porkins didn't like removing the wounds because it was technically the Bacta Tank the healed Luke, not Han.

Edit: Just noticed you took off the part where the new Han takes wounds if the Hoth Han is killed. We should probably lower the life of the Tauntaun then to 3 if that's the case.
I'm OK with dropping the healing, or reducing it to remove 1 wound or something. Keep in mind, though, you are giving up an attack and risking the chosen figure as well as a Han Solo that hasn't even appeared on the battlefield yet.

In my suggested changes, I lowered the life and defense to 3. IMO, it should really represent the Tauntauns stats more than Han's.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old November 12th, 2014, 12:25 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post

I'm OK with dropping the healing, or reducing it to remove 1 wound or something. Keep in mind, though, you are giving up an attack and risking the chosen figure as well as a Han Solo that hasn't even appeared on the battlefield yet.

Agreed.

In my suggested changes, I lowered the life and defense to 3. IMO, it should really represent the Tauntauns stats more than Han's.

Ah, I just saw you lowered the defense.
I'm gonna with your version.
Old November 12th, 2014, 12:57 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

You reduced Life and Defense - how come? It may make it a little more difficult to pull off the rescue. Also the rescued figure gets healed now. Han rescuing a 1 Life Darth Vader and healing him back to full health is going to make his cost go up.

Edit: this comment makes no sense now because I didn't realize that it rolled onto the next page.

I would be good with removing one wound from the rescued figure, but not a full heal.
Old November 12th, 2014, 01:03 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean here, because if Tauntaun Han is destroyed via normal means, regular Han pops up there. Is this a potential broken scenario:

Tauntaun Han runs out of the SZ with Chewie 7 spaces. On second OM Han leaves Chewie and runs 7 spaces into enemy SZ. Tauntaun Han is destroyed and replaced with regular Han who shoots first and NTMTOS the heck out of the enemy SZ. Chewie runs in to support his life debt: regular Han.
Old November 12th, 2014, 01:19 PM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Han pops up if his Tauntaun is destroyed, but not if he uses the rescue power. Hoth Han is destroyed, the chosen figure is placed on the other Han's card then at the the end of the round, Han and the chosen figure pop up in the SZ. So, you are risking an unused Han when you use the rescue power.

I see your point about the full heal and I now agree it should not be part of the power. I think 1 wound removed is appropriate, but if it doesn't make the cut, I'm OK with that too.

edit:
AND I THOUGHT THEY SMELLED BAD ON THE OUTSIDE
You must draft one additional Han Solo figure into your army to use this special power. That Han Solo does not start the game on the battlefield. After moving Han Solo of Hoth and instead of attacking, you may choose a small or medium friendly figure adjacent to Han with at least one wound on its Army Card and destroy Han Solo of Hoth. Remove 1 wound marker from the chosen figure's Army Card, and place the chosen figure on another Han Solo Army Card in your army. At the end of the round, place Han Solo and any figure on his card on any empty spaces in your Start Zone. If Han Solo of Hoth is destroyed, replace it with another Han Solo figure in your army.

edit 2: Looking at this, I wouldn't mind seeing this design minus the rescue power as an Uncommon Hero using the Rebel Soldier on Tauntaun figure.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Last edited by mac122; November 12th, 2014 at 01:27 PM. Reason: added edited power
Old November 12th, 2014, 01:27 PM

It's supposed to be the regular Han that reappears, representing that the Tauntaun was killed.
Old November 12th, 2014, 04:44 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

What about something where Han can just rescue somebody? It seems like killing the Tauntaun is complicated and hard to nail thematically - it could save someone from dying, but that doesn't make a lot of sense in the case of an attack (maybe more against "passive" damage like lava or sandstorm or snowstorm, but then it's very very limited), or it involves somehow magically transporting Han and a wounded figure back to the starting zone minus the Tauntaun (keep in mind that we're in the middle of a battle and it's not a bright sunny day for the Snowspeeders to come rescue them).

I thought something like this would keep the flavor of Han being a rescuer, but make things considerably simpler:

RESCUE
At the beginning of his turn, you may remove a small or medium friendly figure with at least one wound adjacent to Hoth Han from the board and place it on Hoth Han's card. If Hoth Han begins his turn within your starting zone, place a figure from this card into the starting zone and remove two wounds from that figure's card. Only one figure may be on Hoth Han's card at a time.

Variables in there could be the timing (end of turn instead of beginning) or the number of wounds removed (maybe just one?). Thematically, it's not quite the same as gutting the Tauntaun, being rescued and sticking Luke in a Bacta Tank, but playwise, it does a good job of capturing the rescue and recovery mission. I don't figure it's too powerful either, because it takes two turns to heal the wounds and you can just kill Han to prevent it. Naturally, if Han is killed on the way back, the hero he's rescuing dies as well (something to think about before loading someone mostly healthy onto him).

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old November 12th, 2014, 05:10 PM

Han could do most of that with his Carry power. Pick up a wounded hero and move toward your start zone, rinse, and repeat. The only thing Carry won't do is heal any wounds - which may not end up being part of the power anyway.

Edit: I don't see it as "magically transporting" back to base. Much like Veers can call in a strike from an unseen AT-AT, Han and the rescued figure are picked up by an unseen Snowspeeder patrol.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Last edited by mac122; November 12th, 2014 at 05:46 PM.
Old November 13th, 2014, 03:31 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Han could do most of that with his Carry power. Pick up a wounded hero and move toward your start zone, rinse, and repeat. The only thing Carry won't do is heal any wounds - which may not end up being part of the power anyway.

I hadn't seen the version with carry, sorry. I was thinking of the version with AGGRESSIVE SCOUTING and I THOUGHT....

Quote:
Edit: I don't see it as "magically transporting" back to base. Much like Veers can call in a strike from an unseen AT-AT, Han and the rescued figure are picked up by an unseen Snowspeeder patrol.
I know there's a precedence for "unseen forces" in the battle that goes back to RotV (the Airborne being carried into battle by Kyrie), but I didn't really like Veers' power. I figured if we had an AT-AT in the game, it would pack a much greater punch. It also didn't make sense to me that an AT-AT would be used as an "indirect fire" unit, something that would fit better in my imagination for a battleship or orbital bombing from a Star Destroyer or something like that. A Snowspeeder in battle would also pack quite a punch and be doing more than just transporting the one figure who can rescue people back to base.

I also see problems with the two-figure idea with Han, at least when it uses normal Han and Tauntaun Han (I originally liked the idea, but using Tauntaun Han and Hoth Han as two parts of the same figure). It seems like problems would arise concerning the point cost (I believe with the newest version, you can only get your points worth if you absolutely do use the rescue ability - otherwise the normal Han never appears. If you get the other Han for free, then you really want to kill the Tauntaun in order to get the more expensive and better figure).

It almost feels like we're trying so hard to exactly realize what happened in the movie that we're close to making the figure too complicated. That was what I was thinking of when I suggested the RESCUE ability.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old November 13th, 2014, 07:14 AM

The regular Han is used regardless of if the Tauntaun is killed by an opponent or for the rescue.
Old November 13th, 2014, 09:48 AM

Obviously we see this design very differently, Tai-Pan. I don't see this as complicated at all - somewhat similar to some C3G designs that allow switching of figures.

If you are of the mind that you would just get the Tauntaun Han killed so you could get to the better figure, then you won't draft it anyway. The current design is like an add-on to Han that gives him some different abilities - aka gameplay options - then still gives you a regular Han to use after it's gone.

To expand on what HS said, the only ways the regular Han would not appear would be if you win the game before Hoth Han is destroyed/Rescues or if you lose the game before the end of the round when the Rescue ability is used.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape