Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old December 21st, 2015, 03:38 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Justice League Design *Brainstorming* (Refining Designs)

I would have a Aquaman specific power that is tied to him starting with the Trident and then have the Trident/Glyph have a power(s).

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 21st, 2015, 03:40 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Well yeah, I'm more or less curious as to how we do 3 powers on 1 glyph. Wouldn't it be odd to have Trident related powers on the card and the glyph?
Old December 21st, 2015, 03:43 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I do not know the character/Trident well enough to make that call.
Is Aquaman able to get more out of it than say an everyday civilian or does it give equal power to anyone who wields it?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 21st, 2015, 03:46 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

You could do it Pluto-style, where some functions are on the glyph, and some are in the "start with the glyph" power.
Old December 21st, 2015, 04:14 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

How about:

Quote:
TRIDENT OF POSEIDON
Start the game with the Glyph of Trident of Poseidon on this card. While the Glyph of Trident of Poseidon is on this card, Aquaman and all friendly figures within 4 clear sight spaces of Aquaman never take any leaving engagement attacks.

KING OF ATLANTIS
Aquaman does not stop his movement when entering water spaces, and adds 2 to his move if he starts his movement on a water space. Add 2 to Aquaman's attack, defense, and range while he is on a water space.

TRIDENT LIGHTNING STRIKE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 5 + Special
Once per round, if the Glyph of Trident of Poseidon is on this card, Aquaman may use this special attack. If the defending figure is occupying a water space, each blank rolled counts as 2 additional skulls.

SUPER STRENGTH
Quote:
GLYPH OF TRIDENT OF POSEIDON
(Water Conjuration)

EQUIPMENT GLYPH
When this glyph comes into play, place 6 water tiles on this card. Before moving with this figure, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 9 or higher, remove a water tile from this card and place it on either the space this figure occupies or any empty land space within 4 spaces of this figure, if the water tile fits normally onto that space.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old December 21st, 2015, 04:19 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

not bad, thanks for figuring that out. Though, it'd kinda suck if he loses it from taking 1 wound. Playing figures that have to chase around their glyph all game to be effective, kind of feel unfun IMO. Perhaps we add in that he can't lose it unless destroyed?

Especially with 3/4 of his powers relying solely on having said glyph. That could be rough.
Old December 21st, 2015, 05:54 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I do not know the character/Trident well enough to make that call.
Is Aquaman able to get more out of it than say an everyday civilian or does it give equal power to anyone who wields it?
I want to say it was a bit tied to being Atlantean, but I can't recall. I can check some of the books later. It actually might be interesting to specifically name it as an Atlantean artifact and have some clause where he can be equipped with multiple or gets bonuses if he has multiple. They are tied to having the right to rule if I remember correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
Well yeah, I'm more or less curious as to how we do 3 powers on 1 glyph. Wouldn't it be odd to have Trident related powers on the card and the glyph?
Have less Trident powers then. Yeah, that might be going against some of the intent of the design, but quite frankly full arcs of his book will go by where the Trident is just a weapon to stab things with. As far as powers go, the lightning/energy blasts is the most important/used thing when the Trident's magic is whipped out. Yes, I know there is a desire to let Aquaman drop his own water hexes, but there are other figures for that. It doesn't feel right to me to make a design of Aquaman that has more focus on cherry-picking abilities of his magical trinket rather than making a legitimate version of him.

Quote:
not bad, thanks for figuring that out. Though, it'd kinda suck if he loses it from taking 1 wound. Playing figures that have to chase around their glyph all game to be effective, kind of feel unfun IMO. Perhaps we add in that he can't lose it unless destroyed?

Especially with 3/4 of his powers relying solely on having said glyph. That could be rough.
I believe Braniac 5 has such a power related to his shield belt. He doesn't lose it unless he is destroyed.
Old December 21st, 2015, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
Have less Trident powers then.
Thanks for your words of wisdom.

I kind of like this design though, as it separates itself from the other 2 designs. Other than talking to sea life, I don't quite know what else to include that hasn't been done before.

As for placing down his own water, it's sort of essential. An Aquaman always teamed up with Tempest or Hydro-Man(a villain), isn't exactly what I'd like for this one. An Aquaman that is more focused on being a solid addition to a Justice League army is what I was going for, so having to tag along a 190-210 point character to get the most out of him wasn't exactly the best route to take IMO. Especially when his Trident can conjure water. Seems like a missed opportunity otherwise.
Old December 21st, 2015, 07:07 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
Have less Trident powers then.
Thanks for your words of wisdom.

I kind of like this design though, as it separates itself from the other 2 designs. Other than talking to sea life, I don't quite know what else to include that hasn't been done before.

As for placing down his own water, it's sort of essential. An Aquaman always teamed up with Tempest or Hydro-Man(a villain), isn't exactly what I'd like for this one. An Aquaman that is more focused on being a solid addition to a Justice League army is what I was going for, so having to tag along a 190-210 point character to get the most out of him wasn't exactly the best route to take IMO. Especially when his Trident can conjure water. Seems like a missed opportunity otherwise.
I understand the sentiment, but the bolded above is the part that makes me draw the concern. I love and adore Aquaman. He's easily a top ten favorite character for me. I just want to make sure that this would wind up as a true-to-source Aquaman that you want to play and would like to design rather than an Aquaman you want to play and design that follows several aspects and retreads a lot of what we have.

The strange obsession with gluing him to the water has me baffled. Which is not a shot against you. Not all of his adventures happen in water. Heck, he's plenty useful to the Justice League and rarely do their adventures involve water trips. Why not instead of make this "Aquaman that has a magic toy and makes his own water" why not delve into some new territory. We already have heavy on the water reliant Aquamen (moreso the second than the first). Why not make this one truly focused on the fact that he's King of Atlantis and a half-breed. The only time him being out of water matters is when he's in a desert. The whole necessary water strength kind of bugs me. We didn't need a repeat of Man of Steel on Superman III, why do we need water strength again on a guy who functions just fine out of water?
Old December 21st, 2015, 07:14 PM

I'm all ears if you have some suggestions. I'm not against what you're suggesting, I'd just like to see some examples of what else he could have. The Trident dominating the design feels right, as most of his powers have been explored in some form or fashion, so I figured I'd take a different approach. When going with said approach, I questioned if he needed a Water Strength esq. power on here as well. So it's not that I'm tied to that idea.

Drop the Water Strength, and drop the Water placement, what would you suggest including in their place?

I should re-iterate my intention with the design is to have him be a nice pick for the Justice League, so any soft synergy you can think up, I'd love to hear it, as that's my main focus here. The Fog to grant no leaving engagements was the best synergy I could think of.
Old December 21st, 2015, 07:25 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The way Batman III is going with the static +2 to D20s on the marker burn, and with Martian Manhunter II how he is, I think Aquaman I is going to end up being pretty decent with the Justice League as is.

But, yeah, I wish I knew more about Aquaman to help here. I'm intrigued by the idea of a design less focused on water, but I don't know what that'd be. I mean, the guy's name is essentially "water man."

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 21st, 2015, 07:32 PM

Yeah, Aquaman I will be a more viable option now, so it's not as big of a concern for me now. I love Aquaman I's design, he's in my top 10, so I don't feel incredibly compelled to do a new one unless it was necessary. So I'd be happy doing someone/something else entirely if that pans out.

Green Arrow may be a wise choice honestly, making him a Champion, allowing Batman to ditch Archer for Champion. I like Green Arrow I, but there's still some uncharted territory and creative options with all his trick arrows, that it wouldn't be a worthless endeavor.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy