Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old June 27th, 2019, 01:12 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: CA-SoCal Heroscapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivelord View Post
I'm going to my local spot tonight. I'll ask them and report back.
Excellent! Let us know what they said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I was under the impression that hivelord was looking for a spot for us, but I wouldn't mind just going to your house, if you're up for it.
Well, The Mother (that is, the kids' mom, not mine ) is always saying I should just invite people over here. I don't think there's sufficient room for a tourney, but a simple gameday should be fine. Plus it's way less hassle for me to haul stuff.

We have a pretty large (long) dining room table that can hold two maps trivially, and probably three if we preplan and maybe even 4, if we're super space-efficient. Plus there's at least one more decent-sized table we could put up in the front room. And, you know, plenty of bathrooms and snacks and all that. So it's doable, I think; the real downside is I'm sort of on the outskirts of the LA area (not even in the county, technically, altho only by about 8 miles). So I'm not sure how long of a drive it would be for you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old June 27th, 2019, 01:17 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Google tells me 45 minutes to Simi Valley.

(So that strikes me as really close).
Old June 27th, 2019, 12:23 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Simi isn't that out of the way for me, since I'm already in the Sherman Oaks/Van Nuys Area. So, I could be up for that.

I talked to the shop near my house I play at (Paper Hero Games) and while I can't actually reserve tables, they think if I show up early and claim a couple I shouldn't have a problem. They have those big 4x6 warhammer tables so we could easily get two maps to a table so we'd probably only need to claim two. So, it's an option.

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old June 30th, 2019, 02:37 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Google tells me 45 minutes to Simi Valley.

(So that strikes me as really close).
Oh, yeah, that's not too far at all.

Quote:
Simi isn't that out of the way for me, since I'm already in the Sherman Oaks/Van Nuys Area. So, I could be up for that.
Oh, sh't ... I had no idea you were that close these days. That's only like 20, 30 mins tops.

Quote:
I talked to the shop near my house I play at (Paper Hero Games) and while I can't actually reserve tables, they think if I show up early and claim a couple I shouldn't have a problem. They have those big 4x6 warhammer tables so we could easily get two maps to a table so we'd probably only need to claim two. So, it's an option.
So, just looked that up, and it's the one on Burbank Blvd, right? Yeah, that's plenty close enough for us.

Well, either option is fine AFAIC. There are certainly advantages/disadvantages to both. I leave the choice to you guys, but just let me know moderately quickly so I can tell The Mother whether to expect company or not.

Quote:
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?

Why I Left the C3V
Old July 1st, 2019, 08:31 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I probably have the slightest preference for a game store somewhere, but it really is slight.
Old July 2nd, 2019, 03:20 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
I probably have the slightest preference for a game store somewhere, but it really is slight.
Okay, cool: let's go to @hivelord 's hangout. That's venue sorted; what time were we thinking? And we still need to establish at least enough of a format that I know what to bring.

Starting to get excited guys!

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old July 3rd, 2019, 10:59 AM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

They open at 11 so I'll try to get there around then to start building maps and whatnot. I figure we just do casual standard games?

Could you link me to that squad builder you were using last year? It was pretty great.
Can you bring some Death Chasers? I bought a Gothlok.

[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old July 3rd, 2019, 10:24 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
They open at 11 so I'll try to get there around then to start building maps and whatnot.
Sounds good. It's not too far for us, so we should be able to get there then or shortly thereafter. Maybe we can do like a brunch on the way or something so no one is hungry for lunch too soon.

Quote:
I figure we just do casual standard games?
Sure, that's fine. Do you think you (or you and @superfrog maybe) will have enough terrain for maps? or should I plan on bringing ... something?

Quote:
Could you link me to that squad builder you were using last year? It was pretty great.
Probably this one: HACCS. Yeah, the interface isn't always perfect, but the functionality can't be beat, IMHO.

Quote:
Can you bring some Death Chasers? I bought a Gothlok.
Death Chasers, check. Are we playing classic only? VC is fine, I presume; C3G? HoSS? crazy-ass whatever? Any rough neighborhood of point value so I can start putting together some ideas for armies?

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old July 3rd, 2019, 11:01 PM

I just remembered I’ll be coming from a work event so I may be closer to noon.

As for breakfast, Nat’s Early Bite is a pretty solid diner right next door to Paper Hero.

I’d say 520pts for regular scape.

I don’t own any of the superhero or Star Wars stuff but if you bring it, I’ll gladly give it a whirl.

Old July 4th, 2019, 03:53 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
I just remembered I’ll be coming from a work event so I may be closer to noon.
Even better AFA we're concerned. Hopefully there's not a run on the tables in the morning; do you know if there's any scheduled events or anything along those lines for that day?

Quote:
As for breakfast, Nat’s Early Bite is a pretty solid diner right next door to Paper Hero.
Oooh ... breakfast all day. Good tip! We'll probably check it out.

Quote:
I’d say 520pts for regular scape.
That seems to be our standard. And of course that means I can just reuse a lot of the same armies from last year's NHSD, many of which I've never unpacked anyway.

Quote:
I don’t own any of the superhero or Star Wars stuff but if you bring it, I’ll gladly give it a whirl.
Excellent! Honestly, I don't have too much of it either, but I always love to experiment. It mainly depends on whether I get inspired enough to print out any cards. There are a few C3G designs (e.g. Swamp Thing) that I've always wanted to try.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old July 7th, 2019, 03:03 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

You know, the more I try to put together armies with Marvel and C3G figures in 'em, the more I don't understand why people don't want to see them in the tourneys. The vast majority of the supers are like dragons or giants ... only moreso. They take up the vast majority of your army, they come out of the start zone with a giant target on their backs, your opponent slaughters them with focussed fire, then your army falls apart because, without that one big figure, you've got nothing significant left to do any damage with. You guys who want to win tourneys should be begging me to play Marvel and C3G.

Anyhow, I came up with a very few concepts for mainly C3G-based armies. At this point value they're all going to suck, I think, but perhaps they'll at least be fun to play. Overall, I expect I'll bring about 20 armies or so and just pick whatever strikes my fancy, and let whoever likes play whichever they want. I'm also still working on how many attendees I'll be bringing. Both the Smaller Animal and the ... well, Even Smaller Animal, I suppose ... will be coming. She and I will play "on a team together," as she put it. The Smaller Animal's best friend is invited, but I don't yet know if he'll come. My eldest (Quillon) got scheduled to work (due primarily to not paying attention), but they may be able to get out of it. The rest of Quillon's crew won't be around, unfortunately.

So I will be bringing:
  • As many people as I can round up.
  • As many 520 pt armies as I have boxes for.
  • Extra Death Chasers. How many squads you looking for @hivelord ?
  • No terrain?
  • All my cards, including whatever C3G ones I need to print.
  • Maybe I'll print out one of those sheets we used last year to keep track of who borrowed what from whom.
  • Anything else?

Just a week away, folks! Getting excited ...

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old July 8th, 2019, 11:24 PM
This is merely a joke.

You got any Skeletons of Annellintia? I've been playing them recently online and I'm a big fan. I'd love to play them in person if anybody can bring them.

I plan on bringing the Wildwood faction that's in development in the C3V, if that's cool with you folks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers