Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old November 11th, 2020, 11:54 AM

toothpickman is surprisingly tart
Re: HelmAverse Supers - TMNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Have you tested these yet @Matt Helm ?

I just wonder how they play & whether they actually feel like the turtles? I think there is a reason why nearly all custom designers on the site have made them separate heroes. But if you are happy with them as a squad then all good. I personally like them as heroes with their own individual personalities & fighting styles. But also more than 1 life each.

As for designing a card. I will see what I can do with the free software I have downloaded now that my computer is behaving. I found Krita to be very similar to Photoshop.
Personally I love the idea of having them as a squad, with the C3G almost always being individual heroes it is a really nice change of pace. It also hits on something that always seemed to be at the heart of them, when they're failing they're individuals, when their succeeding they're a team. Feels very ninja turtles to me.
Old November 11th, 2020, 08:58 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HelmAverse Supers - Reinforcements Arrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Best part about the Flying Symbol. No typos.
I think A3n already gave you the appropriate response. Hee, hee.
Old November 11th, 2020, 09:11 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HelmAverse Supers - TMNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothpickman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Have you tested these yet @Matt Helm ?

I just wonder how they play & whether they actually feel like the turtles? I think there is a reason why nearly all custom designers on the site have made them separate heroes. But if you are happy with them as a squad then all good. I personally like them as heroes with their own individual personalities & fighting styles. But also more than 1 life each.

As for designing a card. I will see what I can do with the free software I have downloaded now that my computer is behaving. I found Krita to be very similar to Photoshop.
Personally I love the idea of having them as a squad, with the C3G almost always being individual heroes it is a really nice change of pace. It also hits on something that always seemed to be at the heart of them, when they're failing they're individuals, when their succeeding they're a team. Feels very ninja turtles to me.
Thanks for the support toothpickman, we love hearing affirmation that we succeeded in what we were trying to achieve. I'm glad you appreciate that we are trying to scratch a different itch than C3G. We are big supporters of the best group project on this site but definitely aim to fill a separate niche.

For casual play, you can probably mix the HelmAverse TMNT with a C3G army. They haven't been play tested together but I'm sure they wouldn't break anything.

And if you're more serious about your competitive custom superhero play (I mean, who isn't), there is an actual crossover C3G/HelmAverse card coming to the public eye eventually. This card will be "official" for both collections and I think it's a unique option for either 'verse.
Old November 11th, 2020, 09:27 PM
Captain Underpants

Well A3n, good buddy, this next update is a bit awkward for us. We really didn't expect to make a change on a card that is a relatively recent release. Then again, we do strive for perfection and that means we continually review our cards to look for improvements in mechanics, theme, snd most importantly play desirability.

In this instance, we really wanted to give Taskmaster a little more "umpf". After completing Deathstroke, we realized that they basically are the same character (more so than Deadpool) and therefore should be a little more similar in power level and capabilities. Taskmaster should have a range and making it a Special Attack helps counter Captain America's counterstrike if needed.

Then it hit us, doesn't he replicate Cap's shield throw? We couldn't believe that we missed that originally. It became a no brainer to add the Shield Throw Special Attack but the boys insisted on making it only available to hit two targets instead of three. Therefore the name of the power has to change.

Can we please add the following power to TASKMASTER as the middle power?

THROWING SHIELD SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 4.
When Taskmaster attacks with his Throwing Shield Special Attack, he may attack one additional time. He cannot attack the same figure more than once.

And please increase his POINTS: 200

Thanks, buddy.

Last edited by Matt Helm; November 19th, 2020 at 12:27 AM.
Old November 17th, 2020, 04:28 PM
Captain Underpants

Magneto, Brainiac and Taskmaster are all deleted out of the gallery in anticipation of updates.
Old November 20th, 2020, 08:15 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Updates done:

Old November 21st, 2020, 03:38 PM
Captain Underpants

Woo hoo, thanks good buddy, the updates look great.

I'm not sure about Thanksgiving plans this year so we may not be having the 2nd Annual Helmsgiving Day Cup. We're still going to try and get a 4 way battle next weekend if we can but we were really hoping to have the 6 team, 3 concurrent 1v1 extended family battle tourney we had last year. Ah well, canceling my Heroscape match really is a first world problem considering what so many have suffered through.

Stay safe everyone.
Old November 25th, 2020, 10:47 PM
Captain Underpants

For some reason I'm thinking about my favorite Tennant Dr. Who episode...

Designer = HELM JR.
-----------------------

MARVEL

BLINK

MUTANT
UNIQUE HERO
EXILE
IMPULSIVE
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 4
MOVE: 5
RANGE: 4
ATTACK: 4
DEFENSE: 5

WARP PORTAL
Instead of attacking, you may choose a small or medium figure you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Blink and place it on any empty space within 4 spaces of its original space. Figures moved by Blink’s Warp Portal never take leaving engagement attacks. Blink may use her Warp Portal one additional time.

TELEPORTING JAVELINS
If Blink inflicts at least 1 wound on a small or medium figure with a normal attack, you may place the defending figure on any empty space, other than a molten lava space, within 8 spaces of its original space. Figures moved by Blink’s Teleporting Javelins never take leaving engagement attacks.

TELEPORT 4
Instead of moving Blink normally, you may choose any empty space within 4 spaces of Blink and place Blink on the chosen space. When Blink starts to teleport, if she is engaged, she will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Last edited by Matt Helm; November 27th, 2020 at 09:12 AM.
Old November 25th, 2020, 11:32 PM
Captain Underpants

Is there a full moon out tonight?

Designer = Lil' Helm

----------------------------
MARVEL

WEREWOLF BY NIGHT

LYCANTHROPE
UNIQUE HERO
CREATURE
WILD
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 5
MOVE: 5
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 3
DEFENSE: 5

PREDATOR AWARENESS
When Werewolf by Night attacks using his normal attack he may attack the same figure with his normal attack one additional time for each wound marker on the defending figure’s Army Card at the start of Werewolf by Night’s turn. Werewolf by Night may only attack up to a maximum of two additional times for Predator Awareness.

FERAL POUNCE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3. Attack 5.
If Werewolf by Night moved but did not attack normally he may use his Feral Pounce Special Attack. To pounce, choose a non-adjacent small or medium figure whose base is not higher or lower than 5 levels from the base of Werewolf by Night. Immediately place Werewolf by Night on any unoccupied space adjacent to the targeted figure. Werewolf by Night may not attack a figure if there are no unoccupied adjacent spaces.

DURABILITY 2
When rolling defense dice, the most wounds Werewolf by Night can take from this attack is two.

Last edited by Matt Helm; November 26th, 2020 at 04:43 PM.
Old November 26th, 2020, 08:31 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Now, I'm not convinced of the personality of Disciplined. From what (little) I know of her, she seemed more impulsive. Maybe even brash. She seemed to always be jumping straight in heedlessly in the few things I have seen of her.

Having said that, I am not 100% sure that Adventurer fits either. Her travels seemed more like running away rather than adventuring. But hey maybe she did a lot of adventuring in between appearances when she wasn't being chased.
Old November 26th, 2020, 10:56 AM
Captain Underpants

Ha, I love your comments. Would you believe that the role and personality were the two things holding up the design? Helm Jr was stumped and I know nothing about the character. The two boys scrambled through wiki, fandom, role playing sites looking for anything. I think it was a role playing site that listed her as Adventurer and mentioned her being a disciplined fighter.

After all that, we aren’t sold on either. I just promised him that I’d post it as we continued our discussion.

Bottom line is we trust your opinion on these two attributes. We read that she comes across as stoic but really had an emotional side. We read that she was leader of the Exiles. We read a lot of nonsense basically because we obviously just couldn’t nail it down.

The card looks gorgeous by the way. But please, please, please help us find a better role and personality.

Edit: I did just find this which supports your comments, “She is impulsive and not always willing to follow orders, but becomes an important X-Man”.

Double Edit: should role be “Outcast”? Or would it be silly to say, “Exile”? I’m leaning toward outcast but would love some feedback.
Old November 26th, 2020, 09:22 PM

I do like Outcast for the role but I believe that there was a particular X-men team called Outcasts led by Magneto. Not sure if Blink was ever part of it or not. But from quick reading on the net I think the Outcast team was during the Exiles storyline & she was featured in that storyline. Seems like something she might have been apart of.

As for the personality, what about Brash?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations