Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Old July 26th, 2011, 08:25 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Demons/ghosts and religion

Born in raised in a Cromish Household. Spent most of my youth attempting to learn the riddle of steel, but after a while just got tired of trying to find the answer. Wasn't much into praying, I have no tongue for it.
Old July 27th, 2011, 12:52 AM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising View Post
Born in raised in a Cromish Household. Spent most of my youth attempting to learn the riddle of steel, but after a while just got tired of trying to find the answer. Wasn't much into praying, I have no tongue for it.
You know, the Bible says a couple things that fly in the face of certain practices. One in Ephesians chapter 4 and the other is 1st Corinthians 12:11, where Paul is talking about all the ways the Holy Spirit empowers people and discourse culminates in a way on the statement that the Holy Spirit gives these gift according to His will... like He's not going to give the same gift to everyone, he's not going to be manipulated by religious formula. At some point in time God is going to say, I think I WILL give this man gift of miraculous healing because that's what I want to do here. And at another point he's going to give a gift of speaking in tongues, at another a gift of having word of wisdom or prophesy or whatever, according to His plan. I've seen some churches reject the authenticity of a persons faith because they are unable to produce a certain "gift"... as if God were a vending machine and not a person. Sometimes I get the sense that He just crosses His arms and looks at us arguing and judging and playing holier than thou and to him we're all as sinful as the next, as powerless as the next and he looks at us pretending to be something and he just chuckles and says.. "Oh, really?" And then he blesses the most humble and meek because that's just the sort of God he is.
Old July 27th, 2011, 01:14 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRansom View Post
Quote:
You know, the Bible says a couple things that fly in the face of certain practices. One in Ephesians chapter 4 and the other is 1st Corinthians 12:11, where Paul is talking about all the ways the Holy Spirit empowers people and discourse culminates in a way on the statement that the Holy Spirit gives these gift according to His will... like He's not going to give the same gift to everyone, he's not going to be manipulated by religious formula. At some point in time God is going to say, I think I WILL give this man gift of miraculous healing because that's what I want to do here. And at another point he's going to give a gift of speaking in tongues, at another a gift of having word of wisdom or prophesy or whatever, according to His plan. I've seen some churches reject the authenticity of a persons faith because they are unable to produce a certain "gift"... as if God were a vending machine and not a person. Sometimes I get the sense that He just crosses His arms and looks at us arguing and judging and playing holier than thou and to him we're all as sinful as the next, as powerless as the next and he looks at us pretending to be something and he just chuckles and says.. "Oh, really?" And then he blesses the most humble and meek because that's just the sort of God he is.
Link
Old July 27th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation

That..

was..

awesome..

Bannister the Barbarian

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old July 27th, 2011, 02:14 PM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRansom View Post
Quote:
You know, the Bible says a couple things that fly in the face of certain practices.....
Link
*face palm*
Totally thought that last sentence was referencing how certain denominations treat the gift of tongues as a sign of sanctification.

Get to da chopa.
Old July 27th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Heh. I had just assumed it was a reference to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, but I've now just done a bit of research and it turns out *that* religion is called Pastafarianism.

Learn something new every day.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 27th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

*chuckle*

And I thought DrRansom was making an intentionally straight-faced and serious response to Conan over there to go along with the joke. Nuance is really, really hard to do on the internet.

~Aldin, Robert E Howardly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 27th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
St. Patrick FTW!

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General