Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old July 12th, 2017, 11:55 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Re: How Much Do I Want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post
Sounds good. I'll probably just get one of each for now... Then I'll want more than 3 Cryptoliths and get more.
After you play a few times, you might find that you want additional "Spell" cards - depending on the size of the play group. Since you can only have 1 of each Spell in your deck, it normally isn't a problem. But when you get to Innistrad with dual-color Planeswalkers, you might find that players want the same spell.

You can 'draft' the Spell decks though so that this isn't a problem.
Old July 12th, 2017, 07:20 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Quote:
Sounds good. I'll probably just get one of each for now... Then I'll want more than 3 Cryptoliths and get more.
After you play a few times, you might find that you want additional "Spell" cards - depending on the size of the play group. Since you can only have 1 of each Spell in your deck, it normally isn't a problem. But when you get to Innistrad with dual-color Planeswalkers, you might find that players want the same spell.

I second this. I have two sets of each and it works great to have the figures available for dual colored walkers as well.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 12th, 2017, 08:30 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hmm... I think I'll at least play a few games before thinking of buying more, they should be here by Saturday.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old July 12th, 2017, 08:54 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Hmm... I think I'll at least play a few games before thinking of buying more, they should be here by Saturday.
Excellent! and let me know if you want to play more AotP in the future. I have the sets but Nomad is more of a Classic 'Scape player : )
Old July 12th, 2017, 09:09 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Excellent! and let me know if you want to play more AotP in the future. I have the sets but Nomad is more of a Classic 'Scape player : )
I remember you having some at your birthday event, I think, but then we never played it. Perhaps later this month, if scheduling works out!

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old September 24th, 2017, 10:28 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Since Innistrad is so cheap, decided to order it, even though I've only played on game of AoTP up until now (I have the base set/eldrazi expansion too). So, I've now got the complete series.
Hopefully I'll be able to convince some MTG aficionado friends of mine to give it a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old September 27th, 2017, 09:37 AM

obisean is surprisingly tart

Quote:

This is perhaps slightly off-topic, but as someone who has never played vanilla HS, is there some resource available to explain the drafting process to me? The limited number of spells vs. colors of PWs has been a problem in a handful of games with friends, so I'd love to see an example of how the draft process works for future games.
Old September 27th, 2017, 04:11 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@obisean - see Heroscape Rulebooks (D&D is newest) (I copied from 1st master set in quote below). The only thing different would be drafting the deck wich should mirror card drafting and IMHO shold go after both people pick their army cards. This matters more if two or more players have the same color army (including dual-color planeswalkers overlap) and you only had one of each set available. This would make drafting cards tricky as I could see where someone would take all the cheap cards first and leave none left for the other person who would not be able to get 12 cards under 200 points, but that just means all players should have to be really good (and mean) at drafting, or nice and obliging.
Quote:
Drafting an Army
Drafting is a fair and fun way for players to choose their Army Cards for a well-balanced game. When you select an Army Card, take the figure or figures shown on the card and place them on the battlefield in a starting zone immediately, before the next player selects an Army Card. You must place your entire army in the same starting zone. You cannot place any figures in an enemy-occupied starting zone. Unless stated otherwise in the Game Scenario, teammates start in the same starting zone. If there are more Army figures than spaces in the starting zone, you can’t use the extra figures.

For a 2-player game, players draft as follows:
  1. Both players roll the 20-sided die. Re-roll any ties. The higher roller drafts first, by choosing one Army Card.
  2. The other player then chooses two Army Cards.
  3. Each player, in turn, then chooses one Army Card, until both players’ Armies have been completely chosen and placed.
For a 3 or more player game, players draft their Armies as follows:
  1. All players roll the 20-sided die. Re-roll any ties. The highest roller drafts first, by choosing one Army Card.
  2. The player to the left then chooses one Army Card, and so on. The last player to draft chooses two Army Cards.
  3. Drafting goes back around the table (it reverses direction). The last player (the player who draftedfirst) chooses two Army Cards. The draft reverses direction again.
  4. If at any time a player cannot pick another Army Card because choosing another Army Card would exceed the total army point limit, that player must pass. If you pass, you have completed your Army.
  5. Continue going back and forth around the table with the last player in the chain choosing two Army Cards and reversing the draft direction until all players have completed their Armies.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion