Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old November 10th, 2018, 05:39 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Grats TREX.
Old November 10th, 2018, 06:19 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Grats TREX.
Thanks Tornado, its a tough crowd to beat out here in Utah/Idaho, regularly fighting Sir Heroscape, Biggabullfrog, Leaf it, True, Dart48, before he moved (the Dewk) and all the other great players. So winning it, is a pretty decent accomplishment.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 10th, 2018, 06:23 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yeah, pretty impressive to possess that level of skill to go with your creativity.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 20th, 2018, 08:39 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I had a buddy over last Friday night to play some Star Wars Legion. Unfortunately, he didn't arrive until after 7, and we did a lot of off topic chatting that slowed us up at the start. He has all the same sets for Legion that I do, but he's not a hobbyist and hasn't even begun working on them, so I supply all the units. So he didn't get to choose his army composition until he got here and that added some time as well. Plus he isn't as familiar with the rules. All this to say, we only got through the end of round 2 of 6 and he left at around 12:30 But I left everything setup and we will resume some other night and be able to finish it up easy enough now that the preliminary stuff is done and more familiar with rules.

One of the neat things about this game, is that at the start, before anything else, you need to determine the game state. There are 4 cards for Environment, 4 for Deployment Zones and 4 for Objectives. You shuffle each deck of 4 and draw 3 of them one at a time, laying them face up left to right. After doing this for all 3 types of cards, the Blue player (determined by player with fewer army points or if tied, determine randomly), gets to eliminate one of the leftmost cards of each type. Then the Red player gets to eliminate one (or players can pass their turn) and then 1 more opportunity to eliminate a card for each player. But, only 2 of the 3 of each type can be eliminated. So players are essentially trying to have the Environment type, Deployment Zones and Objectives favor them as much as possible based on their army build.

The Deployment Zone we got was the most basic one where you start opposite each other and deploy within 6 inches of the long edge (the game is meant for 6x3 surface, so with my 6x4 mat, we just deployed from 6-12 inches from the edge). The Environment was Rapid Reinforcements, which has us hold out 2 trooper squads each and put their squad marker aside for the first round. Then after the Command phase of the 2nd round (where we choose one of our 7 command cards and play it to see which units we give order tokens and other special effects of the command card and initiative order), we add the reserved units' order tokens to the remaining pool of order tokens that weren't placed during the command phase. In this game, on your turn, you get to activate 1 unit and back and forth that way. You can choose to activate a unit with a face up order token initially given, or randomly choose one from the face down pool of order tokens for your remaining forces. So when your reserve unit token is chosen in the 2nd round and all of your other units of that type have been activated that round, you then get to bring in one of your reserve units and place it anywhere 12 inches or more from any enemy unit.

For our objective, it was claim the supplies, where there is one supply token placed dead center on the board, then each player places 2 (1 at a time back and forth) more supply tokens on the board. They can't be within 6 inches of either starting zone or of another supply token. As an action, a troop unit leader (squad leader or commander) can claim a supply token if they are in base contact with it. It will move with them and if they are eliminated, it is dropped there and can be claimed again. Each is worth 1 VP and the player with the most VP's at the end of the game wins.

Brian had the Rebel forces, with Han and Leia as his commanders, an Airspeeder/Snowspeeder, an AT-RT, 3 squads of Rebel troops and 1 squad of Fleet troopers.

I had Imperials, with General Veers as my commander, an AT-ST, 2 units of 2 speeder bikes, 3 Stormtrooper squads and 1 squad of Snowtroopers/Enviromental troopers.

By the end of round 2, I had lost 1 speeder bike and had 2/3 wounds on the other of that unit. They had gone in hard towards Leia and the AT-RT and put some wounds on her and 1 on the AT-RT. Brian's Airspeeder took out some of my Stormtroopers near the center, behind a building, and Han had taken a couple of them out before when they were around the corner. He also put 1/8 wounds on my AT-ST with his Airspeeder. I haven't taken out any of his units yet, but Han has 2/6 wounds and Leia has 3/6 wounds, while the AT-RT has 2/6 wounds.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 20th, 2018, 12:15 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I really love the look of this game @Hahma . Wish I had more people to play boardgames and miniatures games with. That one detail has made me turn to video games lately. Its sad seeing all my stuff just sit there.

Old November 20th, 2018, 03:37 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I really love the look of this game @Hahma . Wish I had more people to play boardgames and miniatures games with. That one detail has made me turn to video games lately. Its sad seeing all my stuff just sit there.

I hear you Trex. I have pretty much stopped going to my Monday night game nights, as I have gotten annoyed by some things there over the past year. I was going to out monthly all days, in order to get miniatures games played, but since the facility we game at is an indoor soccer facility, this is the time of year that a lot of indoor tournaments are held on weekends and our all days are done until spring.

But, I plan to host a game now and again or go to someone else's how on occasion as well. I've also been prioritizing my schedule around the DnD group I joined in the spring.

I've cut back some on my hobby time, as I was getting too obsessive with it and causing problems with my wife. So now it's more of a hobby and less of an obsession, as that's my bad trait, obsessive behavior. I jump in with both feet.

So I have started reading books again and watching my Chicago Bears and Blackhawks a lot. Have also been playing a lot of Fallout 4.

Old November 20th, 2018, 09:26 PM
Prickly Cactus

FFG has been pumping out a good bit of Legion stuff and I have for the most part just been buying that lately and preordering upcoming products. Fortunately I can get a pretty good discount from my buddy.

I have had the Rebel Commandos for a while, and then Boba Fett and 2 squads of Imperial Scouts. They are all primed for when I'm ready to paint them. But when my buddy came over last Friday, he brought me the 2 E-Web cannon units for the Imperials and the 2 Laser Cannon units for the Rebels, the cannons used on Hoth. Have them assembled and hope to get them primed over the next few days.

Next arriving should be Emperor Palpatine and 2 squads of Imperial Guards. Then Chewbacca and 2 squads of Wookies. Then ther is a set of generic commanders and droids for each side. Finally, announced like yesterday, for delivery Q1 2019, are some units from Rogue One. Jyn Erso and the Pathfinders for the Rebels (and they both look awesome! ), and then Krennic and Death troopers for the Imperials, but haven't seen their cards yet.

I was planning on taking a break of they started coming out with Clone Wars stuff, but I have to get Rogue One offerings, because that's my favorite of all the Star Wars movies.

@TREX , you should look into that new rules set from Frostgrave designer. Shadows looks to be great, and it plays solo or co-op, so you don't need others to play and you have all that Frostgrave and Ghost Archipelago stuff you can use for it. He just announced the print on demand is up for orders.

Old November 21st, 2018, 08:29 PM
"like" happy

Yeah. I seen that. Ive been sick again so ive just been sleeping alot.

Old November 22nd, 2018, 09:37 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Hope you feel better

Old November 22nd, 2018, 01:19 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Hope you feel better
Thanks man. It must be some kind of stomache flu. Just the thing you want so you dont eat anything on thanksgiving. Have a good holiday.

Old November 27th, 2018, 10:36 AM
Prickly Cactus

Fallout Wasteland Warfare is marked down to $45 for the core set today with their deal of the day.

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/dailynews/

Old November 27th, 2018, 07:14 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Fallout Wasteland Warfare is marked down to $45 for the core set today with their deal of the day.

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/dailynews/
Thanks for the heads up on this hahma. I really want to get it. Im just worried itll end up not getting played like most of my others. The neat thing about it is there are tons of cool models to supplement this on thingiverse along with some really cool terrain just for it. Ill know by tonight if I get it, otherwise I wont.

Well. I went ahead and picked it up. I hope it will get some play. I was thinking I could use alot of the same terrain I built for walking dead. I also plan on printing out additional stuff for it. Thanks again Hahma.

Last edited by TREX; November 27th, 2018 at 11:50 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures