Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old February 21st, 2021, 11:11 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Deathstroke (Titans for Hire) - vote public

yea it's 10 points, I hardly think it's a huge change
Old February 21st, 2021, 11:36 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Yea
Old February 21st, 2021, 05:39 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
yea it's 10 points, I hardly think it's a huge change
Figured but I'd rather not assume. Thanks.

This passes.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 7th, 2021, 10:53 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Deathstroke (Titans for Hire) - public test

First one back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74
Here are my playtest results, let me know if you have any questions

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Deathstroke III

Version tested:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Hydra Base Gehenna
Units: Deathstroke, Tattooed Man, Terra, Cyborg 200, Robin 100 VS Wrecking Crew
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Grundys Grave
Units: Deathstroke, Cinder, Terra, Tattooed Man, Wonder Girl, Robin 80 VS Nightwing 200, Super Boy, Red Robin, Raven, Starfire
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: 275 seems right and Deathstroke has a lot of options with Titans, Sidekicks and Mercenaries.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Deathstroke III is a good unit to tie in Mercenary figures. He has 3 useful powers. A well placed Head Games can change the momentum of a game. Machiavellian Mentor gives the team some flexibility by allowing multiple turns. Titan Manipulation allows for you to have more Mercenary options. The X-marker removal could be nice, it didn't have any factor in my two games. It's uses are probably limited, as its only once per game and there aren't a ton of x-marker powers, but used at the right time could be big. I found Deathstroke a fun unit to play.
response to follow up.
Quote:
I'll double check my notes when I'm home, but if I remember correctly Red had 2 or 3 wounds already and blanked a defense roll.

I liked Tattooed Man alot, he has a very good tool box. I had high hopes for Cinder but I probably put her in a tough spot and Super Boy pounded her. She got off 1 special attack on him but whiffed. In game 1 I could have used Terra better, I tried to flank with her, but the action went a different direction than I planned. Game 2 she placed the rock outcroppings but never had the right chance to blow 1. One was placed defensively which was a big help. Probably need a few more games with all of them.
Game 2 was also my 1st game with the team titans. I think I played them ok but they have lots of moving parts. My guess is it takes some time to get there dance down.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by japes; March 7th, 2021 at 11:13 AM.
Old March 7th, 2021, 10:59 AM
A Man of Taste

I asked for clarification on the StarFire Head Games turn. Making sure he didn't use her to multiple Attack with her since that shouldn't be allowed.

Nightwing getting one shot and DS winning every initiative probably accounted for the huge win in the second game.

It does look like the change to counting blanks from +1 attack has toned it down so that's good.

I'll wait for ToyHandle to get his test in before I let anyone else sign up in case points need to be adjusted but I like how he plays. Just need to figure out points now.

Old March 7th, 2021, 11:37 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Looks good, but looks like he misplayed Head Games in game one? He talks about taking a turn with Thunderball and putting a wound on Wrecker but he is a Criminal not a Titan or Sidekick.
Old March 7th, 2021, 09:59 PM
A Man of Taste

ToyHandle....

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle
NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Deathstroke (II)

Army Test
Map: Ivy’s Greenhouse
Units:
Deathstroke, Bob, Deadpool, Domino, Terra, Tattooed Man, Cinder (1210)
Nightwing, Raven, Starfire, Static, Wonder Girl, Arsenal (1210)

Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

Map: Country Road
Units:
Nightwing, Raven, Starfire, Static, Wondergirl, Arsenal (1210)

Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units:
Nightwing, Raven, Starfire, Static, Wonder Girl, Arsenal (1210)

Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Ivy’s Greenhouse
Units:
Deathstroke, Arsenal, Terra, Deadpool, Tatoo Man, Domino (1200pts)
Nightwing, Raven, Starfire, Miss Martian, Wonder Girl, Beast Boy w/ T-Rex, Cheetah and Bear (1200pts)

Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
Very much enjoy his tank-y stats. Never feels like he’ll go down too easily, and his attack can be very deadly. The “5” in his 275 points takes some extra consideration, but fits well with the mercenaries. With his powers, he is always in the back of both players’ minds as far as strategy.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT:
There’s a ton of depth to Deathstroke, where even if he doesn’t get to use his powers, the potential alone still influences his opponent’s Order Marker placement.

For example, if I were going against Deathstroke, I’d always want to bring Arsenal in order to maneuver Nightwing out of sight.
Arsenal is extremely useful for Deathstroke as well, allowing him to move in slowly, consistently, and cautiously.
Of his team, I only could use Terra for the 1 blank = skull benefit, but I’m sure with more Titans with the right personality, it’d be very formidable.
He’s best against Titans because he can turn them into an mercenary, then reveal the X to take a turn with them for some game changing effects.
Taking control of Raven could mean transferring a wound from her onto one of her own titans, losing any order markers that might be on her card in the process, as well as denying her the opportunity to use it again for the round off of a Nightwing activation.
If Static has Clinged one of your figures, Deathstroke can take control of him to remove the marker, or, potentially cling one of his allies if the marker is on his card already.
In the final game, Deathstroke was in range and sight of Nightwing and Raven.
The most important thing for the Titans was to make sure Raven could take a wound off of her. Because the risk was that Deathstroke might take the X off of Nightwing, or take control of Raven to Soul Self, instead of placing any Order Markers on Nightwing, I placed OM1 on Raven and 2-X on Miss Martian. This meant that if the Titans did win initiative, all Deathstroke could do would be remove the X from Miss Martian, who could prevent him from taking control of anyone. Deathstroke won initiative and destroyed Raven and then Miss Martian that round, so just the potential of his powers did a lot to win him the game. He went on to take control of Nightwing, who took attacks from Terra, Arsenal and Deathstroke with me "choosing" not to Acrobat away, although he managed to defend against them all successfully.

Even against non-titans, aside from denying the opponent synergy for a turn, you can take control of a unit in order to move through them to engage a more critical opponent figure.
A lot of fun, and he seems about right points and stats-wise.
I let him know that All Titan's he recruits to his army get the 1 Blank = skull and not just Naive, Unstable ones.

Old March 12th, 2021, 11:34 AM
A Man of Taste

I'm not comfortable moving this forward yet. I'd like to get at least one set of tests from someone I know since he's a central piece.

Old March 12th, 2021, 03:25 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

I can hit him after I do Outsider Batman if you want.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old March 13th, 2021, 12:13 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
I can hit him after I do Outsider Batman if you want.
That would be awesome. No real rush. I'm heading out for a camping trip for a few days anyway and I'll likely start up Hawk and/or Dove in my B slot anyway.

Old March 21st, 2021, 03:13 PM
A Man of Taste

a Freshie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFoods
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT : DEATHSTROKE III

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map : Island Plane Crash (No Glyphs)
Units :
Deathstroke III (275), Kid Flash *Wallace* (140), Domino (225), Red Robin (160)
= 800

VS.

Citizen V (190), MACH-I (200), Songbird (180), Techno (150), Jolt (80)
= 800

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map : Island Plane Crash (No Glyphs)
Units :
Deathstroke III (275), Kid Flash *Wallace* (140), Terra (100), Static (180), Omega Red (300)
= 995

VS.

Original X-Men (1000)

Spoiler Alert!

Thoughts on the Tested Unit's Cost, Balance, and Draftability : I think he’s pretty close to where he needs to be, points wise. His durability is solid, but no defensive powers means he can go down to some concentrated attacks. I think he makes the Mercenaries a lot more versatile, bringing in Titans/Sidekicks opens up a lot of options. I never found a reason to use Head Games, but his other 2 powers saw lots of uses.

General Thoughts on the Tested Unit : He’s fun, and feels like a scheming version of Deathstroke. I don't think he needs his price to go up from my tests, but I know you mentioned his price possibly going up. If he's coming in hot on his other tests then do what you have to do.

Old March 25th, 2021, 03:26 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Deathstroke (Titans for Hire, @275 points)

Set 1
Map: Sewer Labyrinth
Units: Stroking the Sable: Deathstroke (275), Silver Sable (200), Changeling (190), Tattooed Man (125), Terra (100), Skrull Infiltrator x (10)- 900 total vs Like a Cat of Iron: Luke Cage (190), Iron Fist (260), Nova (210), Wildcat (240)- 900 total- 900 total
Spoiler Alert!

Set 2
Map: Island Plane Crash (No E-Glyph)
Units: Unsafe at any Speed: Deathstroke (275), Kid Flash (Wallace) (140), Impulse (140), Cinder (175), Blue Beetle (270)- 1000 total vs A Vigil for a Robin (or two): Black Canary (190), Robin (Damian) (80), Green Arrow (150), Robin (Dick) (100), Toxin (240), AzBats (220), Skrull Infiltrator x2 (20)- 900 total
Spoiler Alert!

Overall: I think the design is cool. He's a bit tricky since some parts of his kit really fluctuate in value depending on the match-up, but 275 felt fine to me. He has a lot of tools, but a big chunk on them are limited to once a game or round and his attack boost is nice but not insurmountably good.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library