Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old December 8th, 2006, 12:13 AM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I have found that the events db does not like '

so no contractions (We've don't we'll) and I've seen some internet urls include that character. You can convert urls using http://www.tinyurl.com/ to get rid of extraneous characters.
Old December 22nd, 2006, 01:35 AM
Tournament Director Deluxe

Satyr is surprisingly tart
I'm still getting weirdness with the events section.

My RSVPs section it's listing our Jan 20th event way out at May 31st 2007.

From the MY RSVPs section it does not show me as RSVPed and provides an option to RSVP (very strange considering the section).

From the My Events section it does not show me as RSVPed and provides an option to RSVP.

Only from the Home view am I shown as RSVPed.

Also, when creating the invite, my formatting kept getting altered ... minor annoyance.
Old December 30th, 2006, 03:15 AM
Tournament Director Deluxe

Satyr is surprisingly tart
UPDATE: H_E_H RSVPed, but he is not listed on the event from the Home view, only when the event is viewed from the My RSVPs and the My Events sections. I had to RSVP a second time (from the My Events section) to see him listed. When I RSVPed a second time, however, it created a second NorCal event on the My RSVP section with the correct date ... both HEH and I are listed as RSVPed in both events.

I'm not sure how the Events Section is coded, but if it were a database, I'd say it may be creating a records for each view of an event and having problems keeping them reconciled.

UPDATE 1/4/07: When checking the events section I found that I was no longer RSVPed for the 1/20/07 NorCal Tourney from the Events Home view. At first I thought I was logged out, but My Events showed otherwise and I still had my two previous RSVPs in the My RSVPs view. RSVPing to the event in the Home view added a third NorCal Tourney dated 6/30/07 in My RSVPs. HEH and I are listed in all three events.
Old February 7th, 2007, 06:04 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I'm still planning to try and figure this out. I played with the creators test site and didn't have the types of problems we're having, so I'm guessing there is just some file mismatch. It is a heck of a lot of code
Old January 23rd, 2008, 02:55 AM

redturtle has disabled reputation
I had a similar problem with my calendar mod.
I found that when I went back to the original setup and started from there the only difference in the 2 sites was google ads.
With google ads the calendar would not work.
Without google ads, calendar works great.

Maybe you could look there?
Old January 31st, 2008, 07:23 PM

weatherr Woo who?
Whenever I try to go to the events link off the page header I get errors, as follows

############## error message #################

Warning: main(/home/admin/public_html/events/languages//.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/admin/public_html/events/config.php on line 194

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/admin/public_html/events/languages//.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/admin/public_html/events/config.php on line 194

##########################################
HIH
Old February 1st, 2008, 01:00 AM

Yes, we seem to be having a problem with the calendar section. I'll see what we can do.

Sorry for the inconvenience. You can check the Events and meet other scapers forums for meetups, there is the start of an index of regular gatherings here:
http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=13941
Old February 1st, 2008, 03:36 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Alright so Gencon signups begin this saturday. Do we know about the Heroscape events yet? I know WotC hasn't done anything official yet but I was wondering if we were still planning on running some events. I have missed out every year and I want to make sure I'm going this year.

I also didn't want to start a thread about this cause I know someone more capable will do it.
Old February 5th, 2008, 12:15 AM

Gencon event registration isn't available until mid-April per the Gencon website. Grungebob and other excellent people are working on ideas for events, per his post in the Heroscapers @ Gencon '08 thread.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events