Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old April 4th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The (West) Lafayette, IN Game Night Thread

Oh, alright.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old April 4th, 2011, 03:56 PM

TheMind knows what's in an order marker TheMind knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMind View Post
Here's my buddies shopping list:
Is that what your friend wants? Because if so I have one elf wizard and Ne-Gok-Sa for free if he wants 'em.
You are a good man, Arrow_Grut. I appreciate the offer. My pals are just dipping their feet in the game for now, so there's no telling whether or not they will be interested in collecting, but cheers for the thought! Have some rep for your efforts.

Oh, and Schulzy, if we get 7 ppl there, we can have catacombs going on plus 2 tournament maps for practice. If it's me, you, Weebaer, Nate, Chase, and John (weebaer and my mutual friend), and I invite Josh or Sam to come with, we could have three games going on for fun, or I could get 8 to have a little tournament, but it would preclude us from using the catacombs.

My initial thoughts were that we would play the catacombs plus 2 tourney maps (Hive swamp and Spring thaw? or maybe Snowflake?) but I am flexible. I have limited terrain (1X SOTM and 1X Underdark), but Weebaer said he's in, so he can bring his gear to supplement ours.

What do you think?
Old April 4th, 2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
Oh, alright.

So, I go trying to give you the rep you deserve (and that I promised,) when I get the 'spread it around' error message. Then, while I cruise the threads to spread it around, I get this message:

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

BOO! All I want is to give Arrow Grut the honor he deserves! (24 hours from now, you shall gain reputation. I so vow)...

Cheers

TM
Old April 4th, 2011, 06:00 PM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

I'm up for whatever. I'll check this once we get out of the movie, and I'll pack up whatever I'll need to bring.
Old April 4th, 2011, 11:00 PM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!

just bring 3 squads of vipers for kicks and giggles, and the minions again. (this time Ill use them for your Brandis lol.
Old April 5th, 2011, 02:08 AM

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

Alrighty now. Pretty big dilemma here. I'm getting a nice paycheck soon, so I'm going to pick me up a nice time-killing project. But, which one?

Option one: Lord of the Rings Galadhrim Warriors.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...Id=prod2120013

Pros:
--They're goddamn Lord of the Rings elves.
--Look fairly easy to paint for a newbie painter like myself.
--I get archers, spearelves, and swordselves. Three for one!
--They come with the round bases, I won't have to buy those seperate.
Cons:
--I get eight each of archers, spearelves, and swordselves. I get two squads of each, maximum, until I get another set.

Option two: Warhammer Wood Elf Glade Guard.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...dId=prod800866

Pros:
-- Sixteen of them, so, like, four or five squads. I could even switch up the paint jobs and make a unique squad.
--Paint job is up to me. No silly precedent to adhere to.
--They look better as Aubrien Archers proxies. (IMO)
Cons:
--Sixteen figures, vs. twenty-four.
--They're, well, kind of generic. They're not Lord of the Rings or anything.
--I'd have to pick up some spare bases to boot.

After typing this all up, I've mostly made my choice, but I'd like your opinions anyway. They're not necessarily mutually exclusive.
Old April 5th, 2011, 11:10 AM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!

I say Lord of the Rings elves all the way. They sound awesome! and 6 squads sounds way cool, plus the Galadrim have cooler sculpts. (i would paint them green and not blue though)

and the galadrim knights look AWESOME
Old April 5th, 2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schulzy View Post
Cons:
--I get eight each of archers, spearelves, and swordselves. I get two squads of each, maximum, until I get another set.
Dude, if that's the ONLY con, it sure seems to make sense to pick up the LOTR elves. They look awesome, no bases to pick up, and three different TYPES of squads (unless you wanted to do 2 squads of 3 each, plus one hero each... in which case you get 6 heroes and 2 sets of 3 types of different 3-unit squads...muahahahaaah)

For my vote, I reckon the LOTR elves.

I will have my shopping list for tonight up soon.
Old April 5th, 2011, 06:15 PM

ok so schulzy had me looking on that site through lots of LOTR stuff, and....Im sold. Cant beat 6 squads of dwarves for 24 bucks. Im all in. thats what im getting next. (I already have in mind the stats and abilities of the 3 squads of dwarven footmen, archers and berserkers because the set comes with 8 archers 8 with an axe&shield and 8 with 2 handed weapons [battel axes mostly]).

also on a side note of this buying then painting business, My wife knows a gal who's husband paints small mini's and sells them on ebay...I just found this out...

so i bet he has some cool stuff too. I also would be willing to bet he would paint your stuff you buy, but we will have to check his prices..
Old April 5th, 2011, 06:17 PM

List for tonight

Okay, I want to try a few variations on the elemental army for 1 on 1 play. Would you be so kind as to bring whichever ellies you have laying around?

Also, I am interested in trying out Q9. I know, I know.

I think I would like to play the wolves of badru. I have 1 squad here and the werewolf lord, but would you bring 3 more squads?

Also, the axegrinders? I have ambershard and forgehammer, but I have no squads. I think I would like to give them a shot. (plus the other dwarven hero)

I couldn't get my friends to come at such late notice, so it looks like there will be two less. I figure if you bring the terrain for Snowflake or spring thaw, hive swamp and forgotten highway, we can also have one Catacombs map going, if we want. Ultimately, we can have a mini tournament, or can play for fun.

I will have all of my terrain (obviously) but will need terrain from youguys to round out the maps. I have 1 X Sotm and 1 X Underdark, with more in the mail. I also have 50 battlements, for what that's worth.

Alrighty. Thanks and I will see youguys tonight at 8:00!
Old April 5th, 2011, 06:26 PM

i'll bring all my stuff (my brother's included)

so that 2 more ROTV sets and a SOTM set.

My brother has the 3 dwarf heroes and 1 squad of dwarves. I know schulzy has 3 squads of dwarves.

Also schulzy would you mind bringing your knights and gilbert for my friend danny? ( I promise he exists)
Old April 5th, 2011, 06:38 PM

Got it, gonna pack stuff up here in a bit. And dude, I'm totally painting my stuff myself, it's pretty fun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events