Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old September 11th, 2007, 09:53 AM

T-bomb has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumb Dwarf
I do have a question for the number crunchers though.

Since water (and swamp water) often seem to be banked, at what times is it beneficial to give your opponent hight advantage for the bonus.

What I mean is at what attack and defense do you get an advantage out of it, and at what point does the question statistically become irrelevant.

DD
Okay - what seems to be the best for these guys is if someone is already at height and you can't get even with them. Then you might as well pick up the extra attack and defense. BUT. Lets say you are on even ground and drop down into swamp water.

Hypothetical battle: Suppose you are a drudge and you are fighting a 3 defense squad unit. On level ground you would on average roll 1 skull - they would roll an average of 1 shield. By stepping down into the swamp water - you roll an average of 1.5 skulls - they roll an average of 1.333 shields - UH OH!!! Statistically you have the advantage here now.

Only problem is... when they attack you back (assuming they had 2 attack to start with) they are now rolling 1.5 skulls on average to your 1.333 shields on average.

So its most beneficial if you can get the first strike in by dropping down into the swamp water.

Another great thing about it is, you get to move 5 spaces, then 5 more, then have a range of 5. So you can gang up on things across the board quite quickly. I love the ability, its a lot of fun to play.
Old September 11th, 2007, 10:03 AM

Aranas has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-bomb
...Another great thing about it is, you get to move 5 spaces, then 5 more, then have a range of 5. So you can gang up on things across the board quite quickly. I love the ability, its a lot of fun to play.
Yup, on a carefully made map, they can attack an ennemy figure 15 spaces away: base move of 5 +5 spaces of tunneling +range of 5 = 15 spaces!

Want more? Hide the Hive behind a castle, put Swamp water hexes on both sides of the walls. The Hive is protected and your Marro Druge can pop in and out of the castle at will!!!

Aranas

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old September 11th, 2007, 03:10 PM

bluekitsune13 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranas
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-bomb
...Another great thing about it is, you get to move 5 spaces, then 5 more, then have a range of 5. So you can gang up on things across the board quite quickly. I love the ability, its a lot of fun to play.
Yup, on a carefully made map, they can attack an ennemy figure 15 spaces away: base move of 5 +5 spaces of tunneling +range of 5 = 15 spaces!

Want more? Hide the Hive behind a castle, put Swamp water hexes on both sides of the walls. The Hive is protected and your Marro Druge can pop in and out of the castle at will!!!

Aranas
If you play the new Maldorr Swamp scenario on the official site, it has a castle with swamp water inside of it. It makes for really efficient traveling for the Drudge.

Old September 16th, 2007, 06:14 PM
has been BANNED

Ullar rocks 4553 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I have pwned with these suckers. a threat range of 10-15, plus 2-4 att/def. They are incredibely mobile, and are rangers, giving them a really good threat range. Also tunnel under a castle, or the other side of a hill. I use these guys for hit and run tactics.
Old September 16th, 2007, 06:17 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ullar rocks 4553
I have pwned with these suckers. a threat range of 10-15, plus 2-4 att/def. They are incredibely mobile, and are rangers, giving them a really good threat range. Also tunnel under a castle, or the other side of a hill. I use these guys for hit and run tactics.
From what I've read, you've only played ONE GAME with these guys. Plus, you haven't countered any of my recent points in the Stingers and Favorite Marro Squad thread. Their threat range doesn't help when the opponent gains an extra defense dice from their attacks due to them getting height unless you play on Xaultica.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old September 17th, 2007, 11:17 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Or, you know, make your own map. As I mentioned in the other thread:

If the Swamp Terrain was released in a large expansion, the Drudges would have been the squad packaged in it. Much like the Dzu-Teh and Obsidian Guards before it, you have to make a map that makes use of their terrain advantages. Like any terrain specific unit, the Marro Drudges are only as good as the map they're on.
Old September 19th, 2007, 06:43 PM

jdm61802 has disabled reputation
Quote:
I think Su-bak-na's boost would be helpful for when you roll for the revive and massive curse glyphs. I havent really looked at the SotM glyphs, so I don't know if any of them require rolling.

Since water (and swamp water) often seem to be banked, at what times is it beneficial to give your opponent hight advantage for the bonus.

What I mean is at what attack and defense do you get an advantage out of it, and at what point does the question statistically become irrelevant.

DD
I have to agree, their Swamp Water Strength does not seem to give them much help. Its only purpose seems to be to keep their odds about the same as if they where on regular land, thus not handicapping them if they use the Swamp Water Tunneling

Personally, I will not be playing them much unless it is for specific scenarios. Sure the Swamp Water Tunneling gives them some extra mobility, but their stats are weak enough that the extra mobility really does not look like it would help much; unless you are looking for some mobile tie-up pieces. My opinion is that it would have been more beneficial if they had Swamp Water Tunneling and Swamp/Swamp Water Strength.

Oh, on another note, I just realized that Swamp Water Tunneling may let you leave engagement without having to take the leaving engagement attack? We will have to see how Hasbro calls this, but it seems to me that since the Swamp Water Tunnel ability lets you 'place' a figure 5 spaces away, rather then saying 'move', then the requirement for a leaving engagement attack is not meet since the Drudge is not 'moving' from the adjacent character. Kind of like the Drudge just simply sunk into the swamp to pop up again.
Old September 26th, 2007, 08:50 PM

marro_master has disabled reputation
these are ok marrow on their own, a little cheap squad but on swamp they are well worth their points.

want to read a good fanfic? read "after the swarm" and if you really liked that please read my sequal, after the swarm, fight for survival!
both of these fanfics have action, dispair, adventure, and marro! it will be worth the read trust me on this one
Old September 26th, 2007, 08:55 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm61802
Quote:
I think Su-bak-na's boost would be helpful for when you roll for the revive and massive curse glyphs. I havent really looked at the SotM glyphs, so I don't know if any of them require rolling.

DD
I have to agree, their Swamp Water Strength does not seem to give them much help. Its only purpose seems to be to keep their odds about the same as if they where on regular land, thus not handicapping them if they use the Swamp Water Tunneling

Personally, I will not be playing them much unless it is for specific scenarios. Sure the Swamp Water Tunneling gives them some extra mobility, but their stats are weak enough that the extra mobility really does not look like it would help much; unless you are looking for some mobile tie-up pieces. My opinion is that it would have been more beneficial if they had Swamp Water Tunneling and Swamp/Swamp Water Strength.

Oh, on another note, I just realized that Swamp Water Tunneling may let you leave engagement without having to take the leaving engagement attack? We will have to see how Hasbro calls this, but it seems to me that since the Swamp Water Tunnel ability lets you 'place' a figure 5 spaces away, rather then saying 'move', then the requirement for a leaving engagement attack is not meet since the Drudge is not 'moving' from the adjacent character. Kind of like the Drudge just simply sunk into the swamp to pop up again.
Actually...
It says right at the bottom of the power that the Drudge take any leaving engagement attacks.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old September 26th, 2007, 10:16 PM

Dumb Dwarf has disabled reputation
Ha finally found a time when it helps to lose the hight and gain the swamp water strength. When you are staring down Q9. If they use the special attack, they won't get the height bonus, and if they use normal attack, they only kill one drudge. That is a win win if I ever saw one.

I just hope Aquilla doesn't summon me any time soon.
Old September 26th, 2007, 10:29 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I wish I would have gotten more swamp water... in fact... i might just purchase another swarm of the marro.
Old September 26th, 2007, 10:31 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Ha finally found a time when it helps to lose the hight and gain the swamp water strength. When you are staring down Q9. If they use the special attack, they won't get the height bonus, and if they use normal attack, they only kill one drudge. That is a win win if I ever saw one.
you are gone with that special attack.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units