Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old March 3rd, 2015, 03:44 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: X-Wing

Don't buy expansions just for upgrade cards unless you need them for tournament play. I just print out extra upgrade cards & pilot cards (because I wanted to play Porkins & Hobbie & Wes without having to buy the Rebel Transport).
Old March 3rd, 2015, 04:55 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Where are printable versions found? I found a pilot cards file on BGG with Rebels and Imps (no S&V). I'm not sure if it's up to date for the Rebel and Imp pilots. I did not see anything with upgrade cards.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 05:39 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I used a photo-editing software (GIMP) to paste the cards I wanted in a document. This webpage has the cards sorted by expansion, but it hasn't been updated recently. The X-Wing Wiki has the rest of the cards. It takes a decent amount of time but if you're familiar with GIMP or Paint.net or Photoshop it's pretty simple. Just reduce the size of the card image until it overlaps the template.

I'm fairly certain Hellfire sent me the original templates to size the cards correctly, so props to him.

Spoiler Alert!
Old March 3rd, 2015, 08:03 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
I used a photo-editing software (GIMP) to paste the cards I wanted in a document. This webpage has the cards sorted by expansion, but it hasn't been updated recently. The X-Wing Wiki has the rest of the cards. It takes a decent amount of time but if you're familiar with GIMP or Paint.net or Photoshop it's pretty simple. Just reduce the size of the card image until it overlaps the template.

I'm fairly certain Hellfire sent me the original templates to size the cards correctly, so props to him.
That's awesome! I've just recently been thinking about doing this too. I have at least one and many multiples of every ship from the Core Set to Wave 3, but just can't keep up with buying every release. There are some ebay sellers that sell individual cards too, but honestly no one I play with locally is going to care if I print out a card to use. You still need the models and dials to fly the actual ships, so I don't really feel like it's cheating Fantasy Flight out of anything if I don't want to buy a huge ship or certain expansions just to get a couple cards from them.

That said, it would be sweet if Fantasy Flight ever releases card sets. As the game continues to expand, it would be really helpful to be able to get upgrades you want without having to buy extra models. But I'm sure they're selling enough ships the way it is that there's no real incentive for them to do that.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 08:51 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

There's a Store Championship near me at the end of this month that Im really thinking about going. Ive played less than 10 games so Im mainly going just for the chance to play some games and have fun. However, Id still like to be some what competitive and not be a complete push over. So whats a fun/easy/competitive build I could take out of 3x Core +wave 1&2 no Interceptor?

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 10:07 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
There's a Store Championship near me at the end of this month that Im really thinking about going. Ive played less than 10 games so Im mainly going just for the chance to play some games and have fun. However, Id still like to be some what competitive and not be a complete push over. So whats a fun/easy/competitive build I could take out of 3x Core +wave 1&2 no Interceptor?

TIE Swarm is your best bet.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 10:35 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:

What he means is a tie swarm with a shuttle.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old March 3rd, 2015, 10:37 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:

It takes some practice though, don't you think? Playing a swarm effectively isn't easy and depending on your style it might not be your idea of fun either. I'm not arguing against it competitively, but it's not what I'd call "fun/easy".

There's a lot to keep track of and a lot that can go wrong. Quickly. I've seen people do well with three x-wings (Biggs, Luke, and Wedge) and it's much easier to manage IMO. Or a large ship with some support can be a lot of fun too.

I definitely appreciate the TIE Swarm, I just think it can look easier than it is to really be competitive.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 10:39 PM
Archie

You could try a Falcon plus 2 X-wings. It used to be a really popular archetype before the Han + Corran or Han + 3 Z-95s started appearing everywhere.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 11:09 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
Quote:
Quote:

It takes some practice though, don't you think? Playing a swarm effectively isn't easy and depending on your style it might not be your idea of fun either. I'm not arguing against it competitively, but it's not what I'd call "fun/easy".

There's a lot to keep track of and a lot that can go wrong. Quickly. I've seen people do well with three x-wings (Biggs, Luke, and Wedge) and it's much easier to manage IMO. Or a large ship with some support can be a lot of fun too.

I definitely appreciate the TIE Swarm, I just think it can look easier than it is to really be competitive.
Possibly. I've been playing Z-95 swarms since I started playing competitively in November, and I've yet to place lower than 2-1. Won a tourney with Tarn Mison along side 6 Zs. It's doable, for newbies.

But really, it comes down to your playstyle. I like swarms and outgunning my opponent. And Rebels and Scum.

TIE swarms would do good, and can be fun if you like that. Though it's tricky to stay within range 1 of Howlrunner, if you decide to run her with them.

Triple X-Wings can be fun as well, but can also be tricky to fly to stay in formation and reduce the heat Biggs has to take.

A Fat Han with support will do well. With those expansions though, it may be better to go with a Han that can kill stuff quickly. I don't think you'd have enough to make a Fat Han.

I would suggest to make something that you'll have fun flying. You'll probably be facing a lot of Scum builds, and a few TIE interceptors.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Heh. You love Shuttles like I love Swarms, eh?

We should organize a game at GenCon sometime. Looks like we already have an idea what our base builds will be.

I haven't see a swarm with Shuttle. Shuttles are hard to move (unless ZoomShuttle). Though a DoomShuttle with a TIE swarm would be interesting.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 11:22 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Heh. You love Shuttles like I love Swarms, eh?

We should organize a game at GenCon sometime. Looks like we already have an idea what our base builds will be.

I haven't see a swarm with Shuttle. Shuttles are hard to move (unless ZoomShuttle). Though a DoomShuttle with a TIE swarm would be interesting.
Shuttle with a fleet officer works well with a tie swarm.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures